Weekends Football 3/5 May

andykeenan

I don't know about everyone else, but I want City to win as few trophies as possible despite spending a quarter billion every season. A league cup here and there would he a failure

As much as I hate Liverpool and their fans, 29 years of suffering is not too shabby. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I don't know about everyone else, but I want City to win as few trophies as possible despite spending a quarter billion every season. A league cup here and there would he a failure

As much as I hate Liverpool and their fans, 29 years of suffering is not too shabby. 

Yeah, I’m in the same boat - would rather Liverpool win the league. 

Seems to be that many others know a few Liverpool fans though and find them infuriating. I’m lucky enough not to be in that position...!

The media attention if Plop wins it compared to if City wins it is night and day.

There will be interviews with old players (Hysén) tons and tons of old videos and footage from previous titles back in the day, miles of articles and a never ending number of fans who get to speak their mind.

It will be relentless. And that's just in Sweden. We will never hear the end of it.

The cult following around Plop is sickening.

And it's not like they assembled this squad on a shoe string budge themselves, £180m on transfers this season alone. £173m the season before that, and another £350m combined in the previous 3.

Not exactly beg borrow and steal. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sne said:

The media attention if Plop wins it compared to if City wins it is night and day.

There will be interviews with old players (Hysén) tons and tons of old videos and footage from previous titles back in the day, miles of articles and a never ending number of fans who get to speak their mind.

It will be relentless. And that's just in Sweden. We will never hear the end of it.

The cult following around Plop is sickening.

And it's not like they assembled this squad on a shoe string budge themselves, £180m on transfers this season alone. £173m the season before that, and another £350m combined in the previous 3.

Not exactly beg borrow and steal. 

oh I expect it to be compared to Leicester winning the league, maybe even a greater achievement

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, I’m in the same boat - would rather Liverpool win the league. 

Seems to be that many others know a few Liverpool fans though and find them infuriating. I’m lucky enough not to be in that position...!

Try living there! City all the way for me!

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

If City win the league, its pretty much forgotten about in a couple of days. If Liverpool win it'll be everywhere all summer. Loads of brummie reds have come out of the woodwork at work as well.

City for me - lesser of two evils. 

The media will treat it the same way they would if England won the world cup.

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

If City win the league, its pretty much forgotten about in a couple of days. If Liverpool win it'll be everywhere all summer. Loads of brummie reds have come out of the woodwork at work as well.

City for me - lesser of two evils. 

Just imagine an entire season of match of the day "champions" talk. Jesus.

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I’d quite happily take the next 29 years of suffering for Aston Villa if it also included 1 Champions League title, 1 UEFA cup (or equivalent), 3 FA cups, 4 league cups and generally having the media back you at every available opportunity.

• Like 1

Currently watching the Dutch cup final between Ajax and Willem II.

Is actually great fun, really good football and Willem II are putting Ajax under a lot of pressure with their extremely high press game.

Especially watching Alexander Isak but there are a few more interesting players in Willem II, and in Ajax of course.

Â