Snooker loopy

Mark Albrighton

At very least should go to the last session now.

I was just thinking back to the 1985 final where Taylor beat Davis on final black in final frame. I was 11 at the time in final year of junior school and can remember my old man letting us stay up to watch it on a school night (think it finished about 12.30am) then talking about it with all my mates next day who'd also been allowed to stay up. I doubt snooker is that big for kids these days.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

At very least should go to the last session now.

I was just thinking back to the 1985 final where Taylor beat Davis on final black in final frame. I was 11 at the time in final year of junior school and can remember my old man letting us stay up to watch it on a school night (think it finished about 12.30am) then talking about it with all my mates next day who'd also been allowed to stay up. I doubt snooker is that big for kids these days.

It was massive for ages including and after then. Barry Hear made it happen along with having some very good and some very entertaining players.

• Like 1

Massive fan of Ronnie and think, throught positive and negative press, he's kept snooker in the spotlight. Given a choice, he'd always be one of the players I'd really want to win a tournament and especially this one to match Hendry who always bored me.

However, when he's in one of these lazy, can't be bothered, lacking focus moods I'd rather he just got thrashed and retired! There is little as frustrating as watching gifted and talented people putting in such little effort and contempt for their craft.

5 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Massive fan of Ronnie and think, throught positive and negative press, he's kept snooker in the spotlight. Given a choice, he'd always be one of the players I'd really want to win a tournament and especially this one to match Hendry who always bored me.

However, when he's in one of these lazy, can't be bothered, lacking focus moods I'd rather he just got thrashed and retired! There is little as frustrating as watching gifted and talented people putting in such little effort and contempt for their craft.

And he then pulls off a pot like that.  He's still only human, I don't think he can't be arsed, just a bit off and Trump playing great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

From 7 down to now just 3. Some real fight from Judd.

Is it? He's hardly steam rolling each frame, he's getting so many chances as Ronnie is having a mare. He's not had to fight at all, he's being gifted frame after frame by poor shots and bad decisions on Ronnie's part. Can see Trump winning every remaining frame this session.

Â