The Phunnay Video Thread (formerly Funny YouTube Videos)

ED

kings of leon's new song

And yes, this is the right thread.

That's got a real Talking Heads feel to it.

That's a great call.

Really like the song too. I love Kings of Leon. I don't think this is going to be their classic tunes, the chorus just lacks a bit of punch, but it is an interesting change in direction. KoL could have just pumped out variations on "Molly's Chambers" for five years and split up but they have more than proved they are a proper band now. :thumb:

Interesting? Yes.

Good? Far from it.

I'll hope for the best with the new album, but they have yet to re-create the awesomeness of Because of the Times or the raw feeling of the earlier two albums. The last album was a bit naff.

Experimentation is commendable but not at the expense of quality.

Interesting? Yes.

Good? Far from it.

I'll hope for the best with the new album, but they have yet to re-create the awesomeness of Because of the Times or the raw feeling of the earlier two albums. The last album was a bit naff.

Experimentation is commendable but not at the expense of quality.

It's not that bad... but I preferred it when they were, as Risso famously called them, "beardy shite"

Magnetorheological fluids like those have been used by GM in the shock absorbers for a number of cars over the past decade or so (Cadillac Seville STS, the Corvette, the Cadillac CTS, STS, and DTS, a few Buicks and other Chevys). Other automakers are starting to deploy those as well (a couple of Ferraris now offer them*, the Audi TT & R8, and a couple of Acuras). Main benefit is that the damping rate is now continuously variable by varying the amount of electricity fed to the shocks.

*: yes, Ferrari is now stealing suspension technology from the Corvette; guess Ferrari got tired of 'vettes costing a fraction of the price destroying Ferraris on the track...

Â