Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

No chance we let Mings go. This is just the first game of the season. I'm sure Mings will start the next game

That would be strange if none of them starting today have a stinker. If Konsa and Carlos are preferred they should play so they can build a partnership and understanding.

We need to just begin to accept it's a squad game now and we've never in the history of the club had a squad as deep as we have now. Gerrard has to reward the players for the performances in training and preseason and give starting places based on that. The competition for places will drive performances

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Club announced yesterday he had a knock last week so it was to be expected 

Could have been a precaution. I think after 4/5 PL games we'll see how much game time he gets

• Like 2

Just now, CVByrne said:

Could have been a precaution. I think after 4/5 PL games we'll see how much game time he gets

CB is such an important part of the puzzle, it's reassuring we have it covered for injuries and whatnot.

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Yeah for me it's almost telling that konsa has come in because personally od put Chambers in ahead of him too

Carlos and Chambers will be tried put at some point and could be very good

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

CB is such an important part of the puzzle, it's reassuring we have it covered for injuries and whatnot.

Yeah if one player is injured for a couple of months. One gets a red card you're down to 2 players and in big trouble if anything happens in game to one of them. We were down to two fit CBs last season at one point. You need 4 and a versatile player like Kamara too

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah for me it's almost telling that konsa has come in because personally od put Chambers in ahead of him too

Carlos and Chambers will be tried put at some point and could be very good

Konsa is bigger and is good defender. I think Chambers is more a ball player and we won't be defending a high press today so we'll have it easy playing out from the back.

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dont concede that with Mings in team

Instead we concede from him under hitting a back pass or dwelling on the ball and getting easily dispossessed. Or one of his other trademark brain farts. 

Edited by villa89

13 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Firstly he hasn't been frozen out. He's the 3rd best CB at the club so he's no longer first choice, that's all. 

This would make sense if the 4th best wasn't starting today

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

He's been treated like shit by Gerrard. 

I alluded to it in the Match Thread, Gerrard is trying to make maverick decisions, for what reason baffles me, and they've back fired. 

How do we know this hasn't caused issues in the dressing room, cos it don't look to me like a team of players who want to play for their manager. 

• Like 1

Â