Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

He needs to diversify his game..

I would like to see him improve his passing in attacking positions..

Can he switch play?

Use outside of his foot to put the ball into the box?

He is a top 8 player but he needs to improve his passing and movement off the ball..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

The match fitness is there again - he was busting a gut all game long - but he's not quite got the sharpness of touch back. He's getting there. 

His ball carrying ability is superb, but I think you'll find his touch will be inconsistent even when he's got every bit of sharpness back.

It was another Villa performance against a low block where we look rubbish and void of ideas, if anything Ramsey was probably our best attacker I thought. 

Obviously he hasn't reached the levels of last season yet but he's getting there. Just slowly. 

18 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It was another Villa performance against a low block where we look rubbish and void of ideas, if anything Ramsey was probably our best attacker I thought. 

Obviously he hasn't reached the levels of last season yet but he's getting there. Just slowly. 

Ramsey is absolutely not the player you really want against a low block (hate that expression) side. He’s not technically brilliant and doesn’t have that guile and weight of pass to really unlock a defence. This isn’t me saying he isn’t a very good player, I think he is, he just suits fast paced, open games where he has a bit of space to run and arrive late into the box. 

What we need is a Grealish, Maddison, Odegaard type to either play off the left or behind the striker. I think Tielemans could be that player, but not quite at the top level. Not sure.

Either way, Ramsey gets into our best XI, comfortably for me at the moment. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Anything11 said:

He is just getting back up to form. Relax.

Can't wait for the "Mings / Buendia are finished at this level" posts four games into their comebacks.

It's going to be great.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A learning curve probably. He struggled in a few bit of low block matches last year but usually had strong second halves when teams were chasing.

How many times has JJ seen a low block in his career before this year? A different mindset and different patterns when playing against two rows of 5.

Said in the FFP thread just now the sad side of it is that would be better to cash in on Ramsey than say Bailey to aid the bottom line being homegrown and full profit… we need him back to his best to aid our top 5 aspirations but just as importantly boost his value. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Said in the FFP thread just now the sad side of it is that would be better to cash in on Ramsey than say Bailey to aid the bottom line being homegrown and full profit… we need him back to his best to aid our top 5 aspirations but just as importantly boost his value. 

I'd rather sell 20 JPBs than sell one JJ.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd rather sell 20 JPBs than sell one JJ.

Thing is who do we have coming through to sell which will make an impact. I also wholeheartedly agree with you BTW ! 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

12 days to to the next game, plenty of time for him ( and Pau ) to recover more fully. And even then, that's a cup game so, if they're going to take time with the niggles, let it be now.

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

12 days to to the next game, plenty of time for him ( and Pau ) to recover more fully. And even then, that's a cup game so, if they're going to take time with the niggles, let it be now.

Pau getting plenty of rest for sure, should be fine to play regularly for final 4 months of season.

JJ needs the games though to get his match sharpness

I can understand why people are saying Ramsay was ill because Unai said he was "unwell" but, when you look at what he said and before that, which was something like.

"He had a small pain yesterday and we didn't want to risk him. Today he felt unwell.  We will test him after the game. Let's hope it isn't too serious", 

then my translation is:

"He had a pain in his metatarsal again yesterday. We thought oh my god, not again. We are taking him for a scan to see if it is another stress fracture. We will then show the scan to Dean Smith to see how many "one more week"s he will be out for".

• Like 1

Â