Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Rubbish.

The most proven manager we appointed Ron Atkinson - he didn't do too bad.

Appoint rookies like Sherwood and Garde and they will get overwhelmed.

A rookie that has nearly 200 ligue 1 games and a French cup win. Complete rookie. calling him a rookie is more rubbish than my post you called rubbish. Agree with Sherwood. I don't really remember the Atkinson period. I'm too young. Tell me about it. Did he have a rough period of results? Or was he pretty successful from the start? 

MON did well from nearly that start and he wasn't hounded out. Didn't have a rough patch of results. Certainly not comparative to where we had been. We all know how it ended but because he did well, he didn't have fans jumping on his back constantly.

To me, Smiths criticism is just another example of impatience and villa fans believing we're something we're not.  I used to read other teams forums and they would say about us that 'one bad result and the bedsheets will be out'. We don't get that reputation for no reason.

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's a laughable lineup.

Smith was foolish to insist on three up front every game simply because it meant largely having three of these on every game.

Early in the season we were "OK". But having this troupe of wallies eventually took it's toll. The team lost confidence from never winning and here we are.

Problem is, there were calls to go 2 up top, we do and then the comments are 'he keeps chopping and changing', 'he doesn't know his best side', 'we are still shit'.

Damned if he does and damned if he don't.

Not a dig at you by the way tomaszk

9 hours ago, jim said:

He’s delusional. Just listened to his press conference and he thinks we’re playing well and been unlucky. 🙄

you dont think we have improved. 4 games pre lockdown we conceded 11 goals 4 games after we conceded 4

If thats not an improvement I dont know what is

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The bar is f***ing low indeed.

We've scored 1 goal in 4 games. How the f*** are we supposed to stay up?

as Mr Statsman about shots against you would think you would get the important facts right 

I always think back to that west brom home game, last season, when we got stuffed. If someone had told me then that, with 6 games to go next season, we would be a premier league team who had built a complete new squad, had a cup final and still be in with a chance of survival: I would've laughed. Long and hard. And tell you to stop sniffing shit. And yet look where we are. That's why deano deserves this chance.

Edited by Mjvilla
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

A rookie that has nearly 200 ligue 1 games and a French cup win. Complete rookie. calling him a rookie is more rubbish than my post you called rubbish. Agree with Sherwood. I don't really remember the Atkinson period. I'm too young. Tell me about it. Did he have a rough period of results? Or was he pretty successful from the start? 

MON did well from nearly that start and he wasn't hounded out. Didn't have a rough patch of results. Certainly not comparative to where we had been. We all know how it ended but because he did well, he didn't have fans jumping on his back constantly.

To me, Smiths criticism is just another example of impatience and villa fans believing we're something we're not.  I used to read other teams forums and they would say about us that 'one bad result and the bedsheets will be out'. We don't get that reputation for no reason.

As far as I aware there's no big witch hunt for Smith before lockdown - indeed he still has a good deal of support right now.

Garde was a rookie - should never have been anywhere the premier league. The French ligue 1 - just doesn't cut it.

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I always think back to that west brom home game, last season, when we got stuffed. If someone had told me then that, with 6 games to go next season, we would be a premier league team who had built a complete new squad, had a cup final and still be in with a chance of survival: I would've laughed. Long and hard. And tell you to stop sniffing shit. And yet look where we are. That's why deano deserves this chance.

Dean will stay on whatever happens because he is a yes man and the board got zero ambitions.

A big character like Benitez would be demanding and would walk if he didn't get what he wanted. Smith is just happy to be in his dream job and will put up with anything.

Edited by villalad21

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

you dont think we have improved. 4 games pre lockdown we conceded 11 goals 4 games after we conceded 4

If thats not an improvement I dont know what is

Christ,  2 points and 1 goal against opposition who were going through the motions! Hardly anything to shout about is it? 

41 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

It's what Aston villa managers do because they get bloody hounded out at the first sign of a few bad results. Fergie wouldn't have been able to build his legacy here because he would've been hounded out and sacked during that rough period. It's what, we, as Aston villa fans tend to do and have a reputation for it.

This the same run where United fans had Fergie Out banners? In the early 90s? Or the same United that sacked Van Gaal a couple of days after winning the FA cup?

Edited by TreeVillan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Dean will stay on whatever happens because he is a yes man and the board got zero ambitions.

A big character like Benitez would be demanding and would walk if he didn't get what he wanted. Smith is just happy to be in his dream job and will put up with anything.

Based on? 

1 minute ago, jim said:

Christ,  2 points and 1 goal against opposition who were going through the motions! Hardly anything to shout about is it? 

compared to 11 in 4 games

Maybe he should just throw in the towel like some fans have

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

But only have a chance because in relative terms there are a lot points left to play for.

The fact is a Watford win - or no wins for us in the next 2 and we are down.

Miracles do happen - but the harsh reality is we will be in championship next season - and this will probably confirmed in the next 7 days.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

compared to 11 in 4 games

Maybe he should just throw in the towel like some fans have

I think we've thrown the towel in every game we've took the lead haven't we? Especially if we're up against 10 men. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Miracles do happen - but the harsh reality is we will be in championship next season - and this will probably confirmed in the next 7 days.

It cannot be mathematically confirmed in the next 7 days

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

How many managers did Watford get through last season ?

Just now, TreeVillan said:

I think we've thrown the towel in every game we've took the lead haven't we? Especially if we're up against 10 men. 

yep we threw in the towel in them 7 wins we had 🙄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

But only have a chance because in relative terms there are a lot points left to play for.

The fact is a Watford win - or no wins for us in the next 2 and we are down.

It's a **** surprise we even have a chance. We'd probably be toiling in the championship right now if Smith hadn't bought us up.

1 and he got them to the FA Cup final

Edited by Zatman

And they've made fantastic progress to this year where they are well clear of the relegation battle, oh....

Constantly chopping/changing managers is never a good thing to do.

Edited by Mjvilla

Â