Dean Smith

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, NSmith22 said:

I’d like to see both healthy and played together. Smith never got that opportunity. 

Smith can not play 2 up front because he lets Grealish run the show and he always goes for goal instead of passing to a striker. To me his focus has been to much on Grealish and I think without him we can start to develop a better team. Anyone remember the Liverpool game without Grealish, probably one of the best games iv'e seen all season, we just run out of steam in the end.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, NSmith22 said:

I’d like to see both healthy and played together. Smith never got that opportunity. 

Reminds me of the Luc Nilis years during John Gregory's reign..

Luc sadly got very badly injured. We got Gilles de Bilde in on loan in 2001 from Sheff Wed in a hope to reunite the two from their PSV days together where they were a force many seasons prior.

Sadly it wasn't to be as Luc Nilis was forced to retire sadly and De Bilde returned to Sheff Wed.

The manager resigned during the next season.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Smith can not play 2 up front because he lets Grealish run the show and he always goes for goal instead of passing to a striker. To me his focus has been to much on Grealish and I think without him we can start to develop a better team. Anyone remember the Liverpool game without Grealish, probably one of the best games iv'e seen all season, we just run out of steam in the end.

As much as i love the kid......i cannot ignore your suggestions...food for thought.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We really weren't that good. You're acting like we dominated Liverpool. We nicked a lucky goal, held on for dear life and the floodgates finally opened in the final 10 minutes. 

There was also a controversial VAR decision ruling Firmino's goal out in the early stages of the match. Like I said, we really weren't that good.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 3

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

We really weren't that good. You're acting like we dominated Liverpool. We nicked a lucky goal, held on for dear life and the floodgates finally opened in the final 10 minutes. 

Liverpool had like 30 shots

So, does Dean think he has more chance of holding on to his job....if we go down.?

if so, it puts us in a very precarious situation.

you would naturally think the reward, would be for stopping up and losing his job for relegation.

Interesting to see what really does happen.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

There was also a controversial VAR decision ruling Firmino's goal out in the early stages of the match. Like I said, we really weren't that good.

We couldn't dominate Accrington Stanley.lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Wesley will turn out to be a good player under a decent manager. Smith had no idea, to much emphasis on Grealish to be the main man, than to concentrate on Wesley's game

Personally I think a cricket score to LIverpool and I don't see how he can keep his job.

What a ridiculous statement. 

If he comes good it will be down to a young kid getting used to the league. The idea its smiths fault wesley didn't hit the ground running is just the kind of nonsense that seems to be the norm now, from a small group who have fully turned on the guy. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If you were there you’d know they didn’t batter us at all. Yes they had a lot of the ball and half chances, shots from distance etc. But in terms of clean cut chances they hardly created anything. 

Maybe if you watched games instead of just looking at stats or watching highlights you would understand football a little bit more.

No they didn't. My eyes and an xG of 2.39 say otherwise.

Goddamn what is with this revisionist history of that match. 

Edit: Ok to be more precise, they had a lot of half chances to be sure, but they had an absolute shit ton of them. Enough for them so significantly threaten our goal. If the narrative is supposed to be like that was a defensive masterclass, that's just patently not true. I remember every time we sent the ball away it would keep coming back again and again. It was a miracle we held on for so long.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

24 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

No they didn't. My eyes and an xG of 2.39 say otherwise.

Goddamn what is with this revisionist history of that match. 

Edit: Ok to be more precise, they had a lot of half chances to be sure, but they had an absolute shit ton of them. Enough for them so significantly threaten our goal. If the narrative is supposed to be like that was a defensive masterclass, that's just patently not true. I remember every time we sent the ball away it would keep coming back again and again. It was a miracle we held on for so long.

I honestly can’t remember it being that way. Yes it was backs to the wall at the end but they wernt creating anything.  It genuinely felt like the players were working tirelessly to keep them out and deserved at least a point. 

As I said if you were at the game you’d probably understand what I mean. 

Maybe I had one too many drinks.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

48 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If you were there you’d know they didn’t batter us at all. Yes they had a lot of the ball and half chances, shots from distance etc. But in terms of clean cut chances they hardly created anything. 

Maybe if you watched games instead of just looking at stats or watching highlights you would understand football a little bit more.

Well Said Sir.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaCas said:

...and you think Wesley is better?

He scored 5 goals in a short season.. Joe has scored 2... All season. 

Stop acting like Newcastle's squad is better than ours. It ain't. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

He scored 5 goals in a short season.. Joe has scored 2... All season. 

Stop acting like Newcastle's squad is better than ours. It ain't. 

So apart from Grealish and Mings who are the players who would walk into the Newcastle team? Trez? AEG? Nakamba? Hause? Konsa? Nyland? 

9 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

So apart from Grealish and Mings who are the players who would walk into the Newcastle team? Trez? AEG? Nakamba? Hause? Konsa? Nyland? 

It would be easier to name the players I would take from them. 

Shelvey

Gayle

Maxim

And possibly the Longstaffs. 

Oh and tbf I do actually rate Carroll. 

Edited by TreeVillan
Forgot about Andy Carroll

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If I recall we had that big  chance at the start of the second-half, if that had gone in I suspect we would’ve won. Very similar to when Kodgia fired over against Leeds Start of 2nd half that would’ve put us 3 up the season before

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

If I recall we had that big  chance at the start of the second-half, if that had gone in I suspect we would’ve won. Very similar to when Kodgia fired over against Leeds Start of 2nd half that would’ve put us 3 up the season before

It was the near the end on the break. Hourihane was through and cut it back to no one. Would have been 2-0 and game over. But no point mentioning that. Let’s look at the stats and decide we deserved to lose instead. 

May as well play championship manager.

Â