Dean Smith

Demitri_C

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If teams start doing that, then we need to move him central quickly. 

I'll be honest, I'd like to see him there against arsenal

He should have moved centrally or wide right after 20 to 30 minutes of tonight's game. It was clear for all to see what was happening. Barkley was having a stinker and should have been hooked at half time and maybe given El Ghazi a bit of time to see how he did at left wing. 

Just now, hippo said:

Rotating the squad is something DS and his players need to do 

Not easy now, with a few players in poor form, the first 11 is selected on a least worst basis.

I'd be thinking of Trez for his industry - and getting back to basics ......

That’s one player but what about the other 10.  We don’t have the squad for this mythical rotation people are on about....we have Elmo, Davis, El Ghazi, Engels...do we want to put them in against Arsenal and hope to win? No, we’d lose.

• Like 3

Deano can't watch that and tell himself that changes aren't needed. Traore is a class up from El Ghazi in my opinion so he should start vs Arsenal. Trezeguet maybe could start wide right to give Cash some cover. Maybe put Jack in Barkley's position and Nakamba in for Luiz. 

For the record, I believe changes are needed because of tiredness. They put a lot in against Southampton, it was bound to leave a mark on them. 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

That’s one player but what about the other 10.  We don’t have the squad for this mythical rotation people are on about....we have Elmo, Davis, El Ghazi, Engels...do we want to put them in against Arsenal and hope to win? No, we’d lose.

Yeah, I'm not sure who all these players we've got that can come in and rotate. 

With trez back, sanson signed and Wesley returning I'm sure we will do it more. 

Rotation relies on having quality to come in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

It is hard to play well when you have no simple passes on. Every time he did anything he was surrounded by 2 or 3 west ham defenders because mcginn and barkley are so static. 

We have reverted back to our system from last year where mcginn does nothing. 

He was poor, he never offered anything or did anything. I’m happy for you to argue that what you said contributed a bit to his performance but not to explain why his performance was so poor overall, that’s just not true.

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Deano can't watch that and tell himself that changes aren't needed. Traore is a class up from El Ghazi in my opinion so he should start vs Arsenal. Trezeguet maybe could start wide right to give Cash some cover. Maybe put Jack in Barkley's position and Nakamba in for Luiz. 

This isn’t really rotation though is it. You’ve swapped in two players who aren’t in our normal starting eleven.

You can also guarantee that Nakamba and Trezeguet would be getting slaughtered for being a class below luiz and Traore as you’ve said about El Ghazi above.

I’m sure that he’d love to change it up. I’m not sure that he’d love to change it up with the players we have available to come in.

• Like 1

So what is it, covid, lack of fitness, too many games played in a short time?

Poor squad, so Smith doesn't trust any other players to start?

Just ups and downs and defeats are expected?

All of the above?

We paid £14 mil for Sanson, hopefully he and Traore can start vs Arsenal.

I personally would play Nakamba aswell but that's just an unpopular opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

He was poor, he never offered anything or did anything. I’m happy for you to argue that what you said contributed a bit to his performance but not to explain why his performance was so poor overall, that’s just not true.

It absolutely is. Jack didn't **** do anything in the first half either. Barkley and Mcginn did not take advantage of the space he created and so he could just be double and triple teamed out of the game. When we get it outwide teams just overload that flank because they know we have to go all the way back to the keeper to switch it because mcginn and barkley never show. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, I'm not sure who all these players we've got that can come in and rotate. 

With trez back, sanson signed and Wesley returning I'm sure we will do it more. 

Rotation relies on having quality to come in. 

I know, we can make one maybe two changes that hopefully doesn’t affect the team too much but putting in El Ghazi didn’t worked out, we had nothing on the right because he never got into the game.

It absolutely is. Jack didn't **** do anything in the first half either. Barkley and Mcginn did not take advantage of the space he created and so he could just be double and triple teamed out of the game. When we get it outwide teams just overload that flank because they know we have to go all the way back to the keeper to switch it because mcginn and barkley never show. 

sure thing cool story bro GIF by Captain Obvious

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

This isn’t really rotation though is it. You’ve swapped in two players who aren’t in our normal starting eleven.

You can also guarantee that Nakamba and Trezeguet would be getting slaughtered for being a class below luiz and Traore as you’ve said about El Ghazi above.

I’m sure that he’d love to change it up. I’m not sure that he’d love to change it up with the players we have available to come in.

Anyone is better than McGinn or barkley over the last 2 games. 

4-2-3-1. Sanson or Nakamba on fir mcginn. El Ghazi on the left traore on the right. We then have 2 midfielders who can replace Luiz and Nakamba/Sanson off the bench and Barkley can replace one of the 3 behind watkins if we need to attack and Trez can come on and help defend a lead. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Far from rotation being *impossible*, it largely hasn't been tried. When it has been, it hasn't always been unsuccessful; Ramsey played one match in central midfield, we won and kept a clean sheet, and then he's had a few minutes from the bench. Nakamba played one match, we won and kept a clean sheet, and then he returned to the bench too.

The idea that all of our bench players are an automatic defeat is absurd. I don't think anybody is suggesting rotating 9 or 10 players at a time.

We are visibly very tired, both in the legs and in ideas on the pitch. We're more likely to lose against Arsenal by picking the same tired XI than we are by freshening it up a bit.

Agreed but there is a big drop off in talent in some areas. And like you say there has been some rotation. The rw spot has rotated all season. Nakmba, hourihane and ramsay have played minutes in the centre. 

You don't really want to mess with the defence and Jack and Watkins are undroppable 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

What game did you watch my man? What spaces? He barely could control the ball did he even got to dribble with ball on the right flank? I really doubt it

I dont understand why you defending him all over forum and blaming other players.

I

Anyone is better than McGinn or barkley over the last 2 games. 

4-2-3-1. Sanson or Nakamba on fir mcginn. El Ghazi on the left traore on the right. We then have 2 midfielders who can replace Luiz and Nakamba/Sanson off the bench and Barkley can replace one of the 3 behind watkins if we need to attack and Trez can come on and help defend a lead. 

Glad you’re not our manager! Wow!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

What game did you watch my man? What spaces? He barely could control the ball did he even got to dribble with ball on the right flank? I really doubt it

I dont understand why you defending him all over forum and blaming other players.

Because no one could do well out wide when Barkley and Mcginn was on. We saw that with both traore and Grealish.

So why are we only having a go at el ghazi? 

El Ghazis first touch this game was to beat his man and then no one came over to support and was surrounded by 3 players so lost it. Not really his fault imp. 

Edited by MotoMkali

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

He just needs to go back to his 4 3 3 . But tonight was an anomaly

So we can exclude anomalies right?

I’m sure that’s what we have been told in the last few days

ncaa football please GIF by ESPN College Football

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 2

Â