Thierry Henry

Vive_La_Villa

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

But how do our Irish VTers feel about this? You've got to hand it to him, but is he a safe pair of hands? Can he handle it? And when will the handover take place? 

IMG_20181007_164744.png

Probably the same way they feel about this pair of hands.

Image result for conor mcgregor khabib choke

:ph34r:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Is a world class player like Henry going to be able to share his vision with second-tier professionals, who physically can't do all the things he could do?

This is a reservation I have too. On the video of him analysing the Barcelona game he continuously states "trust your teammate to get the ball to you" ..... I fear our team won't be able to do what he wants them to do. But... I'd like to see a manager come in and try. Can't wait to see how we play in a few months, will either be spectacular or a disaster. 

11 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Talked up on Sunday Supplement this morning, cited his detail and what he brought to Belgium. He will clearly motivate our squad, he is a footballing legend, could be our Pep.

Excited for Terry too, big personalities mega experience of the modern game.

The last five words being the most relevant. Spot on. 

Lets buy Aston Villa and give our mates jobs. All the best to TH if it happens - can't honestly see it working.

Little more hopeful if JT comes in - But hasn't JT got everything to loose - He isn't manager - if it goes tits up, he gets tainted with a bit of failure - If it goes well - he will be looking for no 1 gigg elsewhere .....and get it.

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Talked up on Sunday Supplement this morning, cited his detail and what he brought to Belgium. He will clearly motivate our squad, he is a footballing legend, could be our Pep.

Excited for Terry too, big personalities mega experience of the modern game.

Yeah I saw that too. Was refreshing to hear journalists talking about how Henry, Lampard and Gerrard are possibly the future of coaching and that old heads like Warnock and Bruce are not as important anymore. At the end of the day it's football, regardless of what league you're in, which I thought summed it up pretty well. No point having someone with experience of getting teams promoted if they aren't going to get you promoted, which was the case with Bruce. Sky could easily have just got people on there talking about how much Bruce had to deal with and that he nearly got us up last season, but pleased that it was all about the future.

henry is probably my favourite player of all time and i'd be very excited if he came.

i can't shake this feeling though that it would be unwise. it's almost as if sawiris is fanboying over his idol rather than making a logical choice.

• Like 1

I’m excited by it. 

But that is purely because we don’t know what to expect. The ceiling is high. 

I acknowledge that there are huge risks in appointing Henry. I warned against it in the summer but the first few months this season under Bruce have made me more receptive to the idea. 

Mainly because I don’t think we need an amazing manager to get into the playoffs this season. Someone who can inject something new and do a decent job should have enough in this squad to get the job done. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

This is a reservation I have too. On the video of him analysing the Barcelona game he continuously states "trust your teammate to get the ball to you" ..... I fear our team won't be able to do what he wants them to do. But... I'd like to see a manager come in and try. Can't wait to see how we play in a few months, will either be spectacular or a disaster. 

You make a fair point...see Zola at SHA as a good example!