The NSWE Board

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

To even mention Dr Tony and NSWE in the same sentence like that is a joke. Calm the f*** down!

Of course its not a comparison as owners and people. 

My point is we've had owners who did good things initially and no one dared question. It doesn't mean they get a free pass.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Unless the decision has been made and Gerrard is gone regardless, that really seems like a "head in the sand" moment. But surely he can't want to preside over these performances from a business perspective any longer? Must feel like bleeding money at this point.

2 hours ago, useless said:

I'm sure there's lot of valid reasons as to why he didn't come. 

But interestingly, I finished watching welcome to Wrexham this morning. They interview the Grismby chairman who spoke about building relationships with the fans and questioned if the two Hollywood stars would continue to fly over when things aren't going well or when fans aren't all positive. 

If they don't do anything they are simply not as good owners as everyone claims they are.

We are very lucky not to be in the bottom 3. Given what we've spent the last year has been very poor but there is still time to correct this.

When we made the managerial change last year we won 4 of next 6 games (let's remembered we went into that having lost 5 in a row). We do that again and we'll be comfortable top 10.

It's blind faith if they really believe Gerrard can turn this around. He won't so stop wasting time and hopefully they can use their clout to get in a top class manager as would make no sense to get in another rookie given who we've signed since January. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If they don't do anything they are simply not as good owners as everyone claims they are.

We are very lucky not to be in the bottom 3. Given what we've spent the last year has been very poor but there is still time to correct this.

When we made the managerial change last year we won 4 of next 6 games (let's remembered we went into that having lost 5 in a row). We do that again and we'll be comfortable top 10.

It's blind faith if they really believe Gerrard can turn this around. He won't so stop wasting time and hopefully they can use their clout to get in a top class manager as would make no sense to get in another rookie given who we've signed since January. 

They saved the club which we are all thankful for but in premier league terms they aren't good owners.

Our recruitment under this regime has been beyond horrendous.

Also. Lying to the fanbase and doing the opposite also doesn't sit right with me.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Confused 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

In what way?

Claiming we are an ambitious club aiming for Europe then suddenly turning the money tap off with Purslow saying we are gonna be self sustaining now.

We are basically just Crystal Palace, Leeds now.

Happy to stay in the league.

Watching Newcastle showing real ambition while we're standing still is soul destroying.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Pair of **** clowns if Gerrard gets a day longer in this job. 

NSWE and Purslow all just as accountable for this. They don't get away with it. 

Calling the owners who saved us from extinction and pumped hundreds of millions into the club in the process, investing in the academy and an improved  stadium ‘**** clowns’ is self-entitled BS. ‘They don’t get away with it’ - what exactly?

2 minutes ago, noomsy said:

Calling the owners who saved us from extinction and pumped hundreds of millions into the club in the process, investing in the academy and an improved  stadium ‘**** clowns’ is self-entitled BS. ‘They don’t get away with it’ - what exactly?

The longer they let this clown show continue

4 minutes ago, noomsy said:

They are keeping Gerrard in his job. It's been shit for months on end, they are clowns. 

Purslow gets a lot of stick for this appointment and rightly so. NSWE allow it to carry on so they're all just one big clown show, all equally deserving of blame.

Hope that helps. 

4 hours ago, useless said:

I know it's the way it is nowadays with these foreign owners across the Premier League, but something just does not sit with me with owners who never turn up to the games. I can't believe that are genuinely into the sporting project when they attend maybe once or twice a season, I just don't buy it. I'm not niaive I know they are here for a financial reason but you'd like to think they would show more passion for it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I know it's the way it is nowadays with these foreign owners across the Premier League, but something just does not sit with me with owners who never turn up to the games. I can't believe that are genuinely into the sporting project when they attend maybe once or twice a season, I just don't buy it. I'm not niaive I know they are here for a financial reason but you'd like to think they would show more passion for it

Even if there is no passion, nobody is rich enough to ignore an investment losing value that you have invested hundreds of millions into.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

They are keeping Gerrard in his job. It's been shit for months on end, they are clowns. 

Purslow gets a lot of stick for this appointment and rightly so. NSWE allow it to carry on so they're all just one big clown show, all equally deserving of blame.

Hope that helps. 

They aren’t keeping Gerrard in a job, CP is. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Disagree. They're the owners. If they wanted him gone he'd be gone.

How about if they wanted to sign a certain player, would that be ok? 

They are new to football so rightly allow the person they have employed to run the club do his job. If at some point they feel we are underperforming there job is to replace that person. 

Edited by av1

Â