Nassef Sawiris

NurembergVillan

• 1 month later...

So I wonder how much of the new 300million pound arsenal 2019-2020 deal Nassef will get, he must be loving the news.

It will only make him even more richer, meaning our club even more richer..

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

So I wonder how much of the new 300million pound arsenal 2019-2020 deal Nassef will get, he must be loving the news.

Could you explain please?  what deal?

ahhh i see.  Though Adidas would be paying Arsenal the £300 million?  Hope they make profit on that number!

Hope to see Sawiris push through a similar deal next year when Villa are in the Premier League! ?

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Adidas are PAYING £300m to Arsenal.

Either way, it'll have little impact on Sawiris.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

6% of £300m is £18m so it’s comparatively small bucks for Sawiris (and indeed Edens).

However it’s the sort of deal that maybe one day (hopefully) we can benefit at Villa.

Just to reiterate, Sawiris is neither making nor losing money on this deal.

It's costing Adidas £300m, but Sawiris is a 6% shareholder, so any and all of his profit or loss is based on the performance of those shares.

• Like 1

I really hope this guy falls in love with the Villa and wants to do a similar things to Chelsea and City. 

In terms of wealth it’s the owner we dreamt of. I just don’t know if it’s possible anymore thanks to FFP.  It’s hard to stomach.

Nas where were you 10 years ago ? :(

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's costing Adidas £300m, but Sawiris is a 6% shareholder, so any and all of his profit or loss is based on the performance of those shares.

No I’m aware. I was saying that if Sawiris was putting in money into the deal (or receiving money, whichever) the numbers he would be looking at wouldn’t be earth shattering to his own individual wealth.

But presumably Villa could benefit from a similar deal if we found ourselves in a similar position.

13 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

So if his holding is worth approximately 3 billion euros and the dividend yield is 1%.  Does that means he gets 10 million a year in dividends?

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So if his holding is worth approximately 3 billion euros and the dividend yield is 1%.  Does that means he gets 10 million a year in dividends?

Sort of.

It'll be AMOUNT OF SHARES x SHARE PRICE / DIVIDEND YIELD = PAYOUT.

I think...

52 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

No I’m aware. I was saying that if Sawiris was putting in money into the deal (or receiving money, whichever) the numbers he would be looking at wouldn’t be earth shattering to his own individual wealth.

But presumably Villa could benefit from a similar deal if we found ourselves in a similar position.

I wouldn't expect him to be injecting money or taking it out beyond his dividends or if he sells any stock.

The £300m will be from the company's projected sports marketing budget over the course of the agreement.

27 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Sort of.

It'll be AMOUNT OF SHARES x SHARE PRICE / DIVIDEND YIELD = PAYOUT.

I think...

Yep that’s about 10 million I think based on 6% of the market cap. 

Apparently he massively increased his holding when the shares plummeted a few year back too. 

Serious player. 

• 4 weeks later...

So the company he's part owner in (Adidas) just handed Real Madrid a 1.1 billion / 10 year sponsorship deal.

Fully expect us to top that next season :D

Real Madrid and Adidas are reportedly set to sign off on an agreed sponsorship deal worth at least €1.1 billion over 10 years. 

According to Marca's Carlos Carpio, the kit manufacturer will pay Los Blancos €110 million each year, more than twice the €52 million paid annually under their current terms.

Carpio added: "To put this in perspective, and compare it with Nike in the NBA, who kit out all the 21 teams for $1 billion over eight years. In other words $125 million, or €110 million a season for 21 teams which is the same that Adidas will pay for just Real Madrid."

That is only the guaranteed figure, though, and Adidas could potentially pay Real up to €150 million per year because of "another variable part depending on merchandising."

Adidas has sponsored Real since 1998, having earlier partnered with the club between 1981 and 1986.

Though Los Blancos may be a little disappointed to have won just two La Liga titles in the last 10 years and the same number of Copas del Rey since 1993, four UEFA Champions League titles in five seasons has continued to cement their status at the pinnacle of world football.

The new sponsorship deal will not only help fund club president Florentino Perez's plan for a €575 million renovation of the Santiago Bernabeu, but it should also give them more to spend in the transfer market, too.

It's clear Real need investment in their team, and there will be little reason they can't provide that if and when this deal is confirmed.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2804541-real-madrid-reportedly-agree-10-year-eur11b-sponsorship-deal-with-adidas

• Like 2

People need to separate Sawiris from Adidas as it is irrelevant. He has a tiny shareholding of 6%,which gives him next to no power to provide villa with any preferential financial treatment.

Adidas shares are massively fragmented so he would need to gain the support in the form of at least 45% of the remaining share pool to make major decisions, which could be 100's of shareholders - most of whom have no allegiance to villa. This won't happen. 

Best case scenario is that he can pull a few strings and suggest that Adidas sponsor villa(at the market rate).

• Like 2

Â