New EFL TV deal / Official streaming now allowed in UK

Junxs

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So basically weekday home games will be a 20k tops

Did we have 20k tops attendance at any televised home midweek game in last 2 seasons?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Did we have 20k tops attendance at any televised home midweek game in last 2 seasons?

Well we had a better team and we are not in complete implosion like we are now. It will be around that mark if we are as expected not performing well.

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It really wouldn’t 

I agree.

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:
18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Well we had a better team and we are not in complete implosion like we are now. It will be around that mark if we are as expected not performing well.

That'll be a 'no' then.  Any lower attendances, as you rightly say, will have far more to do with the state of the club than of any televising rules.  Let's try not to conflate 2 separate issues.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

That'll be a 'no' then.  Any lower attendances, as you rightly say, will have far more to do with the state of the club than of any televising rules.  Let's try not to conflate 2 separate issues.

But for all those years we were a premier league club. We are not anymore.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

But for all those years we were a premier league club. We are not anymore.

Demitri you know we're going into our 3rd season in the Championship. The TV ruling will not cause what you suggested. 

9 hours ago, BOF said:

Let's apologise when we're wrong. Agreed?

Nope neither of us have to apologise mate. It's just having different opinions. I hope I'm wrong in all honesty. I don't want to see villa park 20k midweek

21 hours ago, Straggler said:

It works for me, I flat out cannot get to mid week games.  With my job and travel distance it just isn't possible.  The ability to stick a stream on would be lovely.

Same here, Me not going to a game means the club get nothing but if i can pay £5 or whatever to watch it at home at least they get something. No idea why Sky aren't in a position to just show every game via the red button. I could watch whatever game i wanted to in spain 20 years ago without superfast cable/broadband but still can't do it here

Edited by LakotaDakota

On 07/07/2018 at 14:21, LakotaDakota said:

Same here, Me not going to a game means the club get nothing but if i can pay £5 or whatever to watch it at home at least they get something. No idea why Sky aren't in a position to just show every game via the red button. I could watch whatever game i wanted to in spain 20 years ago without superfast cable/broadband but still can't do it here

Yep.  In Germany, the home of big attendances, I could watch any game from the Saturday 3pm kick offs.  I guess they're helped by not charging the thick end of £40-50 a ticket though.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Yep.  In Germany, the home of big attendances, I could watch any game from the Saturday 3pm kick offs.  I guess they're helped by not charging the thick end of £40-50 a ticket though.

Yep, thats what it comes down to in the end.

I have 4 kids so really cant afford to go to many games, unless theres some kind of family deal on

Sometimes I go with friends rather than family, but even then like you say it costs £40-50 if you turn up on the day.

If ticket prices were around £15-20 then i'd probably go to every game (as long as I wasnt working on the day).

Ive been to more T20 games at Edgabston these last few years than football matches at Villa Park. £15 for early bird tickets and u16s go free.  (and they only have 7 home games a season compared to 23)

my biggest issue with this and amazon and the la liga model that i think leeds owner is bringing to the UK is i think there's a danger of it being a slippery slope towards individual streaming deals or failing that a joint league wide deal that will see even more money flood the top level of the game creating further disparity

fans and attendances and stuff i agree its more about pricing the fans out more than it being available through other sources 

Â