World Cup : Semi Finals & Final

BOF

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

3 penalties, 2 deflected goals. Least deserved golden boot ever? 

Salenko in 1994.

6 goals - 5 in one game vs a disinterested Cameroon in the dead rubber group game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Pickford such a poor keeper. Gave Hazard freedom of goal

utter bollocks about pickford again, no comment about his 2 brilliant saves this game but criticism when he concedes from a world class players world class finish ?

thats phil jones fault all day

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

utter bollocks about pickford again, no comment about his 2 brilliant saves this game but criticism when he concedes from a world class players world class finish ?

thats phil jones fault all day

Well he made some saves yeah but kerpers should make themselves back on 1 on 1 and he gave Hazard entire goal. 

He was poor at Sunderland and Everton and cant blame defence all the time

Shay Given syndrome

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Well he made some saves yeah but kerpers should make themselves back on 1 on 1 and he gave Hazard entire goal. 

He was poor at Sunderland and Everton and cant blame defence all the time

Shay Given syndrome

Should've blamed someone else for that goal. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

nope not a chance, look at hazards body shape, opens himself up to bend that in to the far corner then snaps it back and smashes it in to the bottom corner, theres not a keeper in the world thats saving that

Maybe bit Pickford so hesitant to leave his line. Other way around and Courtois out in front of Sterling or Kane To narrow gap

Good keepers anticipate especially if play with a dud defender

The semi final excitement seems a long way off now. P7 W3 L3 D1*. Pretty average stats for an average looking side against the quality teams. Far from convinced it’s the beginning of something great.

Really enjoyed the run whilst it lasted though so kudos to them for that.

(*Im counting the Columbia game as the draw in case anyone was wondering) 

1 minute ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Far from convinced it’s the beginning of something great.

yeah and me

a fair bit has been said about us being young and this being a foundation etc but i think the yoof group that are winning stuff are too far away from this team, not really seeing many that will step up for the Euros, there are a few 17/18 year olds who have gone abroad to play football but i think the next class (solanke, abraham etc the U21s is full of players who dont play for their PL team) isnt happening, lallana and ox will make the bench better, maybe someone from leftfield like maddison or grealish can make this team better but im not sure much will have improved by 2020

hoddle at the end talking about foden, hopefully he'll play more but he's not ready, neither is sancho

37 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Haha, another dogshit shot from Kane. He's been gash from open play all tournament.

3 penalties, 2 deflected goals. Least deserved golden boot ever? 

Torres in 2012 was bad but he scored open play at least

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think it is pretty obvious Kane has been playing injured since Columbia.

Then Southgate is pretty stupid in insisting playing an injured player even for the 3rd place , may be he is?

Edited by kwoktolai

1 minute ago, kwoktolai said:

Then Southgate is pretty stupid in insisting playing an injured player even for the 3rd place , may be he is?

Kane is captain and has to be responsible. Plus he probably wants golden boot which he has form in

Just now, kwoktolai said:

Then Southgate is pretty stupid in hosting playing an injured player even for the 3rd place , may be he is?

Maybe he is. Maybe Kane wanted to ensure the golden boot. Maybe Southgate wanted his No.1 penalty taker on the pitch at all costs in the semi.

I don't know, but when you watch Kane in the PL he does everything, he scores goals, he holds the ball up, he batters defenders, he links play.  We have been carrying him the past few games, he hasn't even look remotely mobile.

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Maybe he is. Maybe Kane wanted to ensure the golden boot. Maybe Southgate wanted his No.1 penalty taker on the pitch at all costs in the semi.

I don't know, but when you watch Kane in the PL he does everything, he scores goals, he holds the ball up, he batters defenders, he links play.  We have been carrying him the past few games, he hasn't even look remotely mobile.

He has been dropping quite deep that I think he might be suffering Rooneyitis which is what happens when you dont trust your team mates.

Its big drop in quality from Sterling and Lingard to Erikson and Son and think he is feeling it

1 hour ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

The semi final excitement seems a long way off now. P7 W3 L3 D1*. Pretty average stats for an average looking side against the quality teams. Far from convinced it’s the beginning of something great.

Really enjoyed the run whilst it lasted though so kudos to them for that.

(*Im counting the Columbia game as the draw in case anyone was wondering) 

This is where I am at.

It’s a good honest group of lads (yes I went there) but nothing special at all. It was a once in a lifetime draw that got England into the semis despite being mediocre.

Not sure what the deal is with Kane, why is he always so deep? It’s like a different player to the spurs striker. If we’re effectively going 1 up top then why did we stick with a low confidence Sterling who’s finishing consistently let him down, why not Vardy? 

Pickford seemed to mix some really great saves with some howlers. The Belgium goal in the first loss, the one today and the final goal from Croatia. The positioning for all 3 was quite odd. 

Edited by Genie

Â