World Cup : Semi Finals & Final

BOF

Wilshere barely plays enough to be able to call himself a professional footballer, never mind being considered for a World Cup squad. I'm convinced his career is some kind of elaborate tax scam.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

The most annoying thing tonight is that I’m 28 and genuinely don’t see us getting a better chance to reach a World Cup final for years.

Try being 48!

Not even pissing old enough to remember the actual win either! 

Then again at least I have seen Villa champions of England and Europe. 

I think you've more chance of seeing England win The World Cup to be fair. 

Meh - Everyone can join us in football misery.

I'm nearly immune :)

Team did good. 

Broke the penalty hoodoo. Everyone's going to be looking at those free kicks

We've got a decent national team for a few years.

• Like 2

Just now, sidcow said:

All I've seen us win the Intertoto and stink out Wembley a few times. :( 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Try being 48!

Not even pissing old enough to remember the actual win either! 

I think you've more chance of seeing England win The World Cup to be fair. 

Haha fair point. My first game was the 96 league cup win for Villa. 

Neither Villa or England have won anything since. Maybe it’s my fault?!

England should be proud of the tournament and as said have a young team. Few adjustments and they could be a contended in 2020

1. Pickford is a garbage goalkeeper and concedes goals for fun at club level

2. Stones a walking accident and at fault for 2nd goal. always has been a clown

3. Henderson is a workhorse but he offers little after that

4. Dele Alli not up to it at international level and never will be. 78% pass completion tonight and in extra time just gave ball away for fun

With system they have and players like Kane, Maguire, Trippier, Grealish ;) no doubt can be a force

9 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

For me this is the worst England team in terms of quality in my lifetime but they look more of a team with a better system than any before them. The problem is they just aren't that good.

just goes to show a solid system and a style of playing is better than shoe horning in the big names, we looked incredibly well coached and at complete comfort with ourselves, galvanised, which i dont think i've ever seen before with england

i genuinely thought at times during this tournament we played some better football than we did during the gerrard / lampard years, we just couldnt get that front 4 to all click at the same time

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

England should be proud of the tournament and as said have a young team. Few adjustments and they could be a contended in 2020

1. Pickford is a garbage goalkeeper and concedes goals for fun at club level

2. Stones a walking accident and at fault for 2nd goal. always has been a clown

3. Henderson is a workhorse but he offers little after that

4. Dele Alli not up to it at international level and never will be. 78% pass completion tonight and in extra time just gave ball away for fun

With system they have and players like Kane, Maguire, Trippier, Grealish ;) no doubt can be a force

agree with 4, the other 3 points are nonsense

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dejan Lovren is going to play a Champions League and World Cup final in the same season 

got away with murder tonight, ridiculous that he wasnt booked

also noticed him pop up in the 90th minute and try and smash one in from 40 yards out, same thing he did vs villa in the semi final, same result too...

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

got away with murder tonight, ridiculous that he wasnt booked

also noticed him pop up in the 90th minute and try and smash one in from 40 yards out, same thing he did vs villa in the semi final, same result too...

yeah he was dirty tonight but in fairness he is a different player than the mess at Liverpool. 

Messi, Kane or Eriksen hasnt scored vs his defence so far so quite impressive. All 3 have been quiet too

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

Thought that Kane was poor tonight, had one really good chance and fluffed it.

He has worked hard but he has been quite anonymous in the knockout stage from play

40 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

For me this is the worst England team in terms of quality in my lifetime but they look more of a team with a better system than any before them. The problem is they just aren't that good.

They beat teams they were suppose to beat and only just at times. A lot of corners/freekicks and very little done from open play but they are going to struggle with creativity with Henderson/Lingard in midfield. There are literally zero options on the bench for Southgate to pick from to try and change it. You can bring on Vardy/Rashford but that involves taking off one of our star players or switching the system.

Have they done well? Probably will go down as a good WC due to getting to a semi final but IMO it's a very average WC and they got to a semi by luck of the draw more than anything else. 

This. Good result - questionable performance.

We could go into detail, but other than the only Pub team at this WC (Panama) England have scored only 1 goal from open play (Alli header against Sweden).

Kane did not show up other than 27 penalties and header tap ins....

Edited by Mic09

i thought we almost sacrificed him tonight and dropped him deep to play the long ball to sterling which to be fair in the 1st was working really well

we havent done enough to get him involved but thats the fault of ali and lingard rather than kane, dont think he's gone missing i just dont think we were good enough at finding him

might be wrong here but i think the double shot (which he should have passed to sterling) and the pretty hard header were the only 3 chances he's had all tournament that he hasnt scored from...

• Like 2

Â