World Cup : Round of 16

BOF

jenas - colombia will be more worried about us then we are about them, we will dominate possession and im quietly confident

?

I literally dont think any of that, i think there is an interesting battle with the wing backs and whether or not they can get forward (japan did a great job with belgiums last night) our midfield have to drop to pick up James and / or Quintero, i dont think we anything special on the ball and we're better on the counter and set pieces

Just now, villa4europe said:

jenas - colombia will be more worried about us then we are about them, we will dominate possession and im quietly confident

?

Yeah I was a bit surprised by this comment to be honest.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

?

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah I was a bit surprised by this comment to be honest.

Yeah it's a typical English media comment though. It sets them up for a fall and if we get beat it provides easy ammunition for them to jump on the team and criticise.

Its the kind of arrogance that pisses off other countries and I can see why to be honest. As I've said before its a very even tie that could go either way and if we lose having given it a good go I hope (as unlikely that it is) that everyone cuts the team a bit of slack and doesn't go in on the complacency angle and criticise the entire squad.

8 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Yeah it's a typical English media comment though. It sets them up for a fall and if we get beat it provides easy ammunition for them to jump on the team and criticise.

Its the kind of arrogance that pisses off other countries and I can see why to be honest. As I've said before its a very even tie that could go either way and if we lose having given it a good go I hope (as unlikely that it is) that everyone cuts the team a bit of slack and doesn't go in on the complacency angle and criticise the entire squad.

its the kind of thing that then leads to martin keown watching japan and being surprised every 5 minutes that they can actually pass the football

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

?

I literally dont think any of that, i think there is an interesting battle with the wing backs and whether or not they can get forward (japan did a great job with belgiums last night) our midfield have to drop to pick up James and / or Quintero, i dont think we anything special on the ball and we're better on the counter and set pieces

Jenas is one of the worst pundits.  Utter banality personified and never says anything interesting or enlightening.

Â