World Cup : Round of 16

BOF

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

do you if brazil won this tournament with neymar scoring the winner people would finally start talking about his crazy scoring record at international level and how he has a far far better tournament record than ronaldo and messi?

or that his play acting is laughably bad and he's a massive bell end?

ruining it for himself, this is a tournament with the world at his feet and his reputation is in the dirt because of what he's doing

I think he can be remembered as both.  Maradona is remembered both as a genius and a scumbag.  For what it's worth I think part of what sets Messi apart from the likes of Neymar is that he shrugs most challenges off.  I swear if Neymar just beat the player instead of falling down he'd be a much better player.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he can be remembered as both.  Maradona is remembered both as a genius and a scumbag.  For what it's worth I think part of what sets Messi apart from the likes of Neymar is that he shrugs most challenges off.  I swear if Neymar just beat the player instead of falling down he'd be a much better player.

Neymar isn't a genius though, just a very good player, whilst Maradona certainly was a genius. Neymar won't be scoring goals like Maradona did in 1986 against England and Belgium. I also think at times that Brazil might be a bit better without Neymar slowing up play with his constant diving and searching for fouls. 

He hasnt scored but Jesus having a good tournament, he is creating the space for the 3 behind him to thrive or in Neymar case dive ;)

Brazil are like Spain in 2010, solid it at back and can nick a goal 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He hasnt scored but Jesus having a good tournament, he is creating the space for the 3 behind him to thrive or in Neymar case dive ;)

Brazil are like Spain in 2010, solid it at back and can nick a goal 

They'd be better with Firmino tbh

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

How would he have survived in the 80's when defenders routinely kicked lumps out of creative players?

Agree about Messi, to his credit he isn't one to dive. 

Neymar I would quite happily see have his leg snapped. 

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Go on Japan, I'd love you to win just so the commentators actually bother to learn anything about you all :thumb:

i've watched all 3 of their games and can tell you they are smaller than the belgians

they are also asian so of course they are obviously hard working, organised and very technical on the ball

practically an expert

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

who's the co-commentator who just said carasco has to go down? ?

its only a foul if he falls over, in other words its not a foul...

If you're on Beeb 1 it's Simon Brotherton and Martin Keown I think.

It's been so annoying on the Beeb that when we don't get subjected to Lawro we get a hefty dose of Keown or Phil Neville :angry:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

If you're on Beeb 1 it's Simon Brotherton and Martin Keown I think.

It's been so annoying on the Beeb that when we don't get subjected to Lawro we get a hefty dose of Keown or Phil Neville :angry:

I like switching on 5 Live when Dion's on there.  He genuinely loves every minute and so much better to listen to.

• Like 1

Â