World Cup : Group E (Brz, Swi, CRC, Ser)

BOF

brz.pngBrazil

swi.pngSwitzerland

crc.pngCosta Rica

ser.pngSerbia

MATCHES
17/06 @ 13:00 - Costa Rica v Serbia
17/06 @ 19:00 - Brazil v Switzerland
22/06 @ 13:00 - Brazil v Costa Rica
22/06 @ 19:00 - Serbia v Switzerland
27/06 @ 19:00 - Serbia v Brazil
27/06 @ 19:00 - Switzerland v Costa Rica

Winner faces runner up from group F (Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea)
Runner up faces winner from group F

All times in BST

• 2 weeks later...

There has been some very mediocre performances so far in the tournament. Spain so far are probably looking the best. Be interesting if Brazil and Germany (I know different group but hey) really step it up today and set a benchmark 

Wot no @HanoiVillan rant about flags?

Costa Rica he'd most probably like because of it's reversible and classic simplicity. Switz would get points for reversibility but I'm not sure what he'd make of the tiny square nature. Bit pompous. Serbia classic red/white and blue tri colour something something not reversible though and Brazil's is on one hand just all wrong, all the rules broken. Looks like they somehow REALLY like cricket and yet, it's possibly the best flag in the world.

Brazil therefore to top the group and Costa Rica to beat Switz in the last game leaving the opening match to determine second in the group!!

Or something.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Wot no @HanoiVillan rant about flags?

Costa Rica he'd most probably like because of it's reversible and classic simplicity. Switz would get points for reversibility but I'm not sure what he'd make of the tiny square nature. Bit pompous. Serbia classic red/white and blue tri colour something something not reversible though and Brazil's is on one hand just all wrong, all the rules broken. Looks like they somehow REALLY like cricket and yet, it's possibly the best flag in the world.

Brazil therefore to top the group and Costa Rica to beat Switz in the last game leaving the opening match to determine second in the group!!

Or something.

A valiant try!

Brazil will easily top the group. All of their disparate elements look like they should never work together, but somehow when unified, they combine into a design classic that will easily destroy the rest of this very average field. 

Switzerland will play with a solid sense of tradition, but their fussy squareness will surely count against them in the end. Serbia and Costa Rica will be left behind, and might not even have taken to the field - Slovenia and Thailand missed a real opportunity to just turn up to the World Cup anyway and start playing on the pitch a few minutes early. No one would have known the difference!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Who are the commentators on ITV? They are pretty decent, showing good knowledge and not making it all about them, letting the Football do the talking 

Iain Dowie is one of them.

22 minutes ago, coda said:

Iain Dowie is one of them.

Thought it was

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I think the other guy is called Joe Speight

cheers

Been impressed by both.. beats lawro hands down, yes I know not hard but still 

Â