What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

I guess so - they sell it in the local Booth's (Supermarket). Hard to resist picking up a bottle or 3.

The thing I like about it is it's pretty bitter and dry - not all sickly sweet like a lot of tramp juice.

I tried some of the other ones they (Tremletts) do, and the Taylor's gold is not bad, but the rest are all too sweet for me.

• 1 month later...

Not much tonight for me - last night's sequence would normally be the stuff of nightmares - I think some of the drinks must have cancelled others out - plus as it was a tasting a lot were only half measures (if anyone gets the chance to do the tasting experience at Vinopolis near London Bridge, I would thoroughly recommend it).

Sequence was: mulled wine, bitter (X2), lager (pre-tasting), absinthe (x2), wine (x2), gin, wine (x3), bitter (x2), whisky, rum (x3), whisky, aftershock, whisky. Slept brilliantly.

• 4 weeks later...

I started this thread a year ago today, and funnily enough I'm drinking exactly the same tipple as I was back then.

However, the bottle I'm tuckin into is only five years old, lovely though!

Oh and I've got the cheese board out again, reckon I'm going to be chewing Rennies most of tomorrow with heartburn...

Â