Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

On 17/11/2023 at 16:07, meregreen said:

What happened on 7th October was not a “military operation”. 
It was a massacre.

The average sales assistant in the US has more firepower than that in his understairs cupboard.

Edited by Genie

6 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Now take this Google translate (which by the way also isn’t great) and put it up against what your other post wrote.

Just get off X man, it’s not good for anything except for entrenching further into your base.

This conflict needs people to get out of the trenches, not dig further down into them.

Yes, this is good advice. For your own sanity, get off that site. Or failing that, do not believe anything posted on there as a rule and work from there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Yes, this is good advice. For your own sanity, get off that site. Or failing that, do not believe anything posted on there as a rule and work from there.

I mean Google translate it yourself to see. I’ve also spoken to a Hebrew speaker myself and it does say they hit people there. I use Instagram for first hand accounts but we can’t link it on here so have to then go to twitter to get a link that works. 

According to a police source, an investigation into the incident also revealed that an IDF combat helicopter that arrived at the scene from the Ramat David base fired at the terrorists and apparently also hit some of the revelers who were there. According to the police, 364 people were killed at the festival.

https://www.haaretz.co.il/news/politics/2023-11-18/ty-article/0000018b-e1a5-d168-a3ef-f5ff4d070000

just because it’s on X doesn’t mean it’s not true. If Messi announced his retirement on there you wouldn’t turn around go ‘ah no it’s BS it’s from his account on there’. All I was quoting was an account quoting Haaretz. It’s pretty much the same translation as what you can get from Google. 

9 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Now take this Google translate (which by the way also isn’t great) and put it up against what your other post wrote.

Just get off X man, it’s not good for anything except for entrenching further into your base.

This conflict needs people to get out of the trenches, not dig further down into them.

Then why is he sharing fake news spread by known Syrian and Hamas fuelled bots without allowing people to respond?

The article you posted doesn’t say what your post says in English, it’s not even remotely close. Just like that shell with ‘Hebrew’ on it or that idiotic IDF lady pretending to speak Arabic.

X is an algorithm based cesspool at this point, you are falling for it.

I thought we were over this 3 days ago when this was thoroughly dismissed as fake news by people geo locating the video to a completely different place

LowKey is just regurgitating fake news at this point, it’s sad. There’s plenty of stuff to post that is anchored in real life, horrible things that the IDF is doing - this is just spin.

9 hours ago, omariqy said:

I mean this is a classic case of trying to diminish something when there’s actually nothing wrong it. I see it time and time again from people who try to see Israel as the good guys. Not saying that this is what magnakarl is doing. But what I have done is share a tweet that says Israeli killed some Israelis. I’ve then been told it’s fake news, that’s it not remotely close and that Lowkey is Galloway reincarnated. I’ve then proceeded to link the article and quote it and then been told it’s not even remotely the same. I’ve then spoken to someone who speaks Hebrew who has confirmed it’s basically the same thing and then again quoted it. Only for another poster to basically say yeah stop using X as a source (I’m not). No one’s saying they killed all of them. Just that they were responsible for some of them. Funny because the argument I had against me was some account on X. Yet that was fine. 

57 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I mean Google translate it yourself to see. I’ve also spoken to a Hebrew speaker myself and it does say they hit people there. I use Instagram for first hand accounts but we can’t link it on here so have to then go to twitter to get a link that works. 

https://www.haaretz.co.il/news/politics/2023-11-18/ty-article/0000018b-e1a5-d168-a3ef-f5ff4d070000

just because it’s on X doesn’t mean it’s not true. If Messi announced his retirement on there you wouldn’t turn around go ‘ah no it’s BS it’s from his account on there’. All I was quoting was an account quoting Haaretz. It’s pretty much the same translation as what you can get from Google. 

Just in general bro, not in this case. I agree the translations look the same here. It's from the same Haaretz article.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

The thing is - and I'm not going squarely after you here - but this is a theme in this war, is that we have already spoken at length about this claim when you posted this same assumption from an account that has later been classified as an Iranian bot. I'll post the story from GeoConfirmed again, please read it this time:

There are several lines about exactly what LowKey is doing in this thread, including:

The original information from the original sources was neglected and they made their own claims about it. 

It should be not to us, the reader, to check their information. It should be them who needs to backup their claim: they changed the narrative.

Did you know that Lowkey has been on Iran's Press TV plenty of times, most recently on Chris Williamson's "#¤%¤#-show of a programme, where they discussed, in example:

On March 15, Lowkey interviewed Asa Winstanley, a blogger with The Electronic Intifada, who was also suspended from the Labour Party, and claimed the press had “weaponized the Jewish heritage” of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to stave off “genuine inquiries into the nature of the groups fighting” against Russia.

Most recently, Lowkey was interviewed by Williamson alongside Miller and claimed European antisemites are aligned with the “Zionist movement.”

I really think you need to look elsewhere for people to look up to. LowKey is a lowkey trope-merchant that hangs out with despicable people all the while plugging product and sponsors in a podcast that he drums up audiences for with Palestinian suffering.

Edited by magnkarl

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Would I feel more embarrassed or ashamed? Can’t decide.

spacer.png

Seen plenty of pictures of Hamas terrorists posing with masks, weaponry and Islamic flags. It’s what young men pumped up with Adrenalin do. To be honest, there’s probably never been a conflict without this kind of imagery.

2 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Seen plenty of pictures of Hamas terrorists posing with masks, weaponry and Islamic flags. It’s what young men pumped up with Adrenalin do. To be honest, there’s probably never been a conflict without this kind of imagery.

Yes, so have I.

I think a 6 week campaign of bombing, 11,000 dead civilians, laying siege to a hospital and cutting off power, comms and water, dead babies in the room downstairs, then posing like bandits in front of 6 grenades and a Nokia 3310 I’d feel a bit awks.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yes, so have I.

I think a 6 week campaign of bombing, 11,000 dead civilians, laying siege to a hospital and cutting off power, comms and water, dead babies in the room downstairs, then posing like bandits in front of 6 grenades and a Nokia 3310 I’d feel a bit awks.

Never mind the 75 years of occupation and ethnic cleansing before that 

4 hours ago, magnkarl said:

The thing is - and I'm not going squarely after you here - but this is a theme in this war, is that we have already spoken at length about this claim when you posted this same assumption from an account that has later been classified as an Iranian bot. I'll post the story from GeoConfirmed again, please read it this time:

There are several lines about exactly what LowKey is doing in this thread, including:

Did you know that Lowkey has been on Iran's Press TV plenty of times, most recently on Chris Williamson's "#¤%¤#-show of a programme, where they discussed, in example:

I really think you need to look elsewhere for people to look up to. LowKey is a lowkey trope-merchant that hangs out with despicable people all the while plugging product and sponsors in a podcast that he drums up audiences for with Palestinian suffering.

Once again he was just quoting the Haaretz news paper article. The article came out after those tweets you’ve just posted and is from sources high up in the Israeli police. I mean have you heard of the Hannibal Directive?

Â