Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Scary.

Except that this is not what he said though. He said ‘the majority of those killed are Hamas, good riddance’.

He didn’t say anything about children, but as per usual the other side either sucks at translating or construes the meaning to whatever fits the narrative.

When are you done with these ridiculous Twitter accounts?

He’s clearly not right about what he said, but that translation is fantasy.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

The majority of people killed are children. How are you defending that? It’s Imam Omer Suleiman not some nut job. I’m not looking at the tweet. More the words of the person in the video. Please let me know your thoughts on that. 

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Except that this is not what he said though. He said ‘the majority of those killed are Hamas, good riddance’.

He didn’t say anything about children, but as per usual the other side either sucks at translating or construes the meaning to whatever fits the narrative.

When are you done with these ridiculous Twitter accounts?

He’s clearly not right about what he said, but that translation is fantasy.

Classic deflection from the main issue. According to the guardian about 70 Hamas I think have been killed. Is that the majority? 

22 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Classic deflection from the main issue. According to the guardian about 70 Hamas I think have been killed. Is that the majority? 

It’s not classic deflection from anything. It’s a response to your post. You posted something that claims a politician is saying something, he's telling you that isn’t what the politician is saying.

As a result of that he’s calling into question the source.

And as the translation you are offered via that tweet is attempting to paint a picture that even the opposition politicians in Israel are the same as Netanyahu in relation to Palestine then you should start questioning it too.

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

It’s not classic deflection from anything. It’s a response to your post. You posted something that claims a politician is saying something, he's telling you that isn’t what the politician is saying.

As a result of that he’s calling into question the source.

Watch the video please. It was the video I was concerned with. I couldn’t see the video posted without commentary like that so I went him as he’s a well respected Imam in the US. In the video he says the majority killed were Hamas. We know the vast majority killed are children and innocent civilians. This kind of attitude is very scary and lends again to the notion of genocide. If you watch the other video I posted then you will see Raz Segal explain how so. This video also shows you Israeli ministers etc speaking in Genocidal language. I hope that’s clear now. Once again this is a complation video. I’m no advocating for this guy called Dilly Husain. Once again I hope that’s clear. 

Edited by omariqy

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Watch the video please. It was the video I was concerned with. I couldn’t see the video posted without commentary like that so I went him as he’s a well respected Imam in the US. In the video he says the majority killed were Hamas. We know the vast majority killed are children and innocent civilians. This kind of attitude is very scary and lends again to the notion of genocide. If you watch the other video I posted then you will see Raz Segal explain how so. This video also shows you Israeli ministers etc speaking in Genocidal language. I hope that’s clear now. Once again this is a complation video. I’m no advocating for this guy called Dilly Husain. Once again I hope that’s clear. 

What would be the point in watching a video when the translation is wrong, seemingly deliberately wrong.

You should respect the poster of the video less now.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

What would be the point in watching a video when the translation is wrong, seemingly deliberately wrong.

You should respect the poster of the video less now.

He’s speaking in English so there’s no translation needed. I mistakenly thought people would just watch the video. It’s hard to find any videos without any emotional commentary attached to it. Which is understandable given the gravity of what’s happening. Next time I’ll be clear when I’m ignoring the commentary and focusing on the content. With that said what do we all think of the content? Anyone watched the Raz Segal video? Let me know what you all think. Thanks

44 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Your video doesn’t say what the so called ‘Imam for peace’ says, it’s at best a misunderstanding, at worst an outright lie to paint a moderate politician as the same as Netanyahu, which he quite obviously isn’t.

Do you see the differences in these two sentences?

’7000 kids are dead, good riddance’

‘7000 are dead, the majority Hamas, good riddance’ 

There’s a point in there somewhere about letting moderate voices talk and trying to understand, rather than lumping them in with everyone else. Your Imam should really look it up.

Edited by magnkarl

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Just an observation but anybody exclaiming that a majority of 7,000 dead folks are Hamas and also good riddance - don’t sound very moderate. 

Which I agree with, it’s not a right representation of the deaths, but he didn’t say whatever hyperbolic thing that tweet claimed. There’s a massive difference, and in the bloodlust I hope people see it.

He’s quite obviously playing to the internal audience, he’s called for Benny to resign 4 days ago and now he’s trying to play for some of the centre right voters.

He could well be Israel’s next PM, he’s nowhere near Likud in any way.

Edited by magnkarl

12 hours ago, ender4 said:

Do you mean literal trenches or just a figure of speech?

Figure of speech, then again, she is literally travelling with the swathes of people in transit and avoiding being bombed etc etc 

Does updates when she can and has had close calls several times.

Seems a wonderful girl.

Told a story about how a Christian Palestinian Granny she was friendly with, was shot by IDF soldiers when attempting to check if her home still existed. Her elderly husband went to help and he was killed.

The Granny was left to bleed out for 2 days till she died as no one could help her etc.

Â