Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

16 minutes ago, momo said:

Benzema tweetet in support of Gaza. Suddenly he is to be stipped from his French citizenship.

https://www.politico.eu/article/france-senator-gerard-darmanin-demand-karim-benzema-stripped-citizenship-muslim-brotherhood-accusation/

Villa hero El Ghazi was suspended by his club for expressing solidarity with Palestine.

This happens because Europe think Palestinians are of inferior species. That's dehumanization 100%. The Palestinian flag is prohibited in England. People has been arrested. The same in Germany and France. This is a violation of free speech and human rights with regards to Palestine. And people really defend and accept this. Europe said never again. But they lied.

So this is an actual propagandist.

A French senator on Wednesday called for Karim Benzema to be stripped of his French citizenship after Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin suggested the football star was linked to the Muslim Brotherhood, a Sunni Islamist party considered to be a terrorist group in several Middle Eastern countries.

Not a tweet but links to terrorist organization you just lied.

El ghazi statement was not just solidarity. He went into conspiracy theory that burned baby picture was ai generated its not proven by anyone as of now as i know. He said from river to the sea line which means.

"From the river to the sea" (Arabic: من النهر إلى البحر min al-nahr ila al-bahr) is, and forms part of, a popular Palestinian political slogan. It has been used by many Palestinian nationalists to assert varying territorial claims as to the boundaries of an independent Palestinian state as encompassing all of the land between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea, comprising the combined area of Israel and the Palestinian territories.  Critics of the slogan argue that it is calling for the land to be placed entirely under Arab rule at the cost of the State of Israel.[14]

This is not just expressing solidarity with Palestine .

So another misrepresentation and lies.

Edited by Tumblerseven
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Didn't realise we had Villa fans in the IDF. 

Look no one attacked me yet. So i think you did a poor job trying to character assassinate me call me a racist or genocidal maniac or something.

Do better..

Edited by Tumblerseven

31 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

So this is an actual propagandist.

A French senator on Wednesday called for Karim Benzema to be stripped of his French citizenship after Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin suggested the football star was linked to the Muslim Brotherhood, a Sunni Islamist party considered to be a terrorist group in several Middle Eastern countries.

Not a tweet but links to terrorist organization you just lied.

El ghazi statement was not just solidarity. He went into conspiracy theory that burned baby picture was ai generated its not proven by anyone as of now as i know. He said from river to the sea line which means.

"From the river to the sea" (Arabic: من النهر إلى البحر min al-nahr ila al-bahr) is, and forms part of, a popular Palestinian political slogan. It has been used by many Palestinian nationalists to assert varying territorial claims as to the boundaries of an independent Palestinian state as encompassing all of the land between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea, comprising the combined area of Israel and the Palestinian territories.  Critics of the slogan argue that it is calling for the land to be placed entirely under Arab rule at the cost of the State of Israel.[14]

This is not just expressing solidarity with Palestine .

So another misrepresentation and lies.

The inferior minister suggested these connections after Benzema tweeted his support for Gazans. Do you hate life or something?

What's wrong with Palestine being free from the river to the sea? Just more zionist propaganda to stifle Palestinian liberation. The meaning with the expression is not for you or any other zionist to decide the meaning of.

• Confused 1

Just now, momo said:

The inferior minister suggested these connections after Benzema tweeted his support for Gazans

And it's fine for you to criticise that, but to claim it means he's going to be stripped of his citizenship for supporting Gaza is simply untrue, much like your claim about the flag being banned in England.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Do you have ANY actual evidence of this?

Yes.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2023/10/15/nbxh-o15.html

French police arrest Jews protesting Israel’s genocide in Gaza

15 October 2023

•  

On Friday, French police arrested Jean-Claude Meyer, a member of the French Jewish Union for Peace (UJFP), for carrying a Palestinian flag at a Strasbourg protest. Another UJFP member, Perrine, was also arrested and held for an additional 24 hours on Saturday evening. As of Sunday night, it appeared she had not been released. A total of 13 people were arrested at the Strasbourg rally organised in defence of Palestinians as the Israeli state prepares a ground invasion of Gaza.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And it's fine for you to criticise that, but to claim it means he's going to be stripped of his citizenship for supporting Gaza is simply untrue, much like your claim about the flag being banned in England.

https://www.politico.eu/article/france-senator-gerard-darmanin-demand-karim-benzema-stripped-citizenship-muslim-brotherhood-accusation/

“If the minister’s comments are true, we have to consider sanctions against Karim Benzema,” said Valérie Boyer, vice-president of the conservative Les Républicains party, in a statement on X.

Boyer said taking away Benzema’s Golden Ball — the highest individual award a professional football player can receive, which Benzema won in 2022 — could be a “first, symbolic sanction,” and suggested “the deprivation of his nationality” as a second punitive measure against the Franco-Algerian player.

“We cannot accept that a world-famous French binational can dishonor and even betray our country,” Boyer’s statement read.

The French senator’s reaction came after Darmanin claimed on Tuesday that Benzema had ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, in an interview on French conservative TV broadcaster CNews, without providing evidence to back up his assertion.

“M. Benzema is notoriously linked with the Muslim Brotherhood, we all know it,” said the French minister, a hardliner on security issues and secularism.

That information was quickly denied by Benzema’s lawyer, Hugues Vigier.

“This is false! Karim Benzema never had any relation with this organization,” Vigier told French daily Le Parisien late Wednesday, adding his team was considering taking legal action against the French minister.

An Islamist party that came to power in Egypt after the Arab Spring until it was ousted by a military coup in 2013, the Muslim Brotherhood receives funding from Qatar, and is considered a terrorist group in several Middle Eastern countries, including Doha’s frenemies, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

A devout Muslim who observes fasting during Ramadan and does not shy away from displaying his faith on social media, Benzema now lives in Saudi Arabia following his transfer from Real Madrid to Al-Ittihad — in exchange for a €200 million annual salary — last summer.

Back then, Benzema explained that his religion had played a role in the move.

“It’s important to be in a Muslim country where I already feel that people love me, it’s going to give me a new life,” he said. “I’m a believer, so it’s important for me.”

The display of religious signs in the public domain is a sensitive topic in France, where church and state have been separated by law since 1905.

This extends to sports: Earlier this year, the French football federation (FFF) refused to halt games briefly to allow Muslim players to break their fast — a practice recently implemented in the English and Dutch football leagues — claiming it would violate the principle of secularism.

“The idea is that there is a time for everything: a time to play sports, a time to practice one’s religion,” Eric Borghini, president of the FFF’s federal referees’ commission, told Agence France-Presse at the time.

Asked by French radio broadcaster RMC to clarify Darmanin’s statement, the minister’s cabinet said it had observed a “slow drift in Karim Benzema’s positions toward a hard-line, rigorous form of Islam, typical of the Brotherhood’s ideology of spreading Islamic norms in different areas of society, notably in sport” — which included “proselytizing the Muslim faith” on social media.

While acknowledging that these observations “did not amount to [grounds for] legal action,” the cabinet argued they “constitut[ed] a particularly blurred signal from an athlete with such a large following.”

2 minutes ago, momo said:

One out of 350ish senators suggesting that something should happen doesn't mean there's any realistic prospect of it happening. It's ok to admit you were wrong.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, momo said:

The inferior minister suggested these connections after Benzema tweeted his support for Gazans. Do you hate life or something?

What's wrong with Palestine being free from the river to the sea? Just more zionist propaganda to stifle Palestinian liberation. The meaning with the expression is not for you or any other zionist to decide the meaning of.

Momo you didint learn anything from yesterday about your statements that Izrael bombed gaza hospital and there is 1000 dead? Dont jump to conclusions.

This is not nobody from x village who is talking this is senator i think he know more than he can say on the tv. Just wait till he provides evidence just like with the hospital.

For you to claim just for a tweet you would have to know that he has nothing. And you dont know that you again just jumping to conclusions and trying to push a narative.

10 minutes ago, momo said:

Who are you to decide what racism is?

What has racism got to do with this, That wasn't what your statement said. You said...

This happens because Europe think Palestinians are of inferior species.

Europe, presumably the whole of it as you don't state otherwise think of the Palestinians as an inferior species.

You have provided absolutely no evidence for this statement and I very much doubt you could.

I understand you are discussing a subject with a lot of meaning for you but stop making statements that are utter bobbins, it doesn't help any argument you may have

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

He knows an awful lot about f*** all, in fact he's an expert in it ;) 

Couldn't have put it any better.

I don't have much faith in the flowery opposition that are trying to get into power either.

But I know I'm drifting OT now, so I'll leave it at that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

What has racism got to do with this, That wasn't what your statement said. You said...

Europe, presumably the whole of it as you don't state otherwise think of the Palestinians as an inferior species.

You have provided absolutely no evidence for this statement and I very much doubt you could.

I understand you are discussing a subject with a lot of meaning for you but stop making statements that are utter bobbins, it doesn't help any argument you may have

I think you're smarter than that. What kind of evidence do you need? Big western european countries deny free speech for Palestinians and human people supporting Palestine. That's a fact. UK sends weapons to israel so they can continue the genocide in Gaza. What do you want more than that? Palestinians in eastern european countries are afraid to utter the word Palestine. Do you want me to prove it? Do you want a zoom call with these people?

Instead of arguing with me, you can fight for freedom of speech. You don't like Palestine? Fine. Idgaf. Nobody said you have to.

Edited by momo

I keep wondering if I have anything intelligent or freshly illuminating to add to this thread, and I find that I don't, but I like reading posts by most of you on other threads, and I hope no one gets so angry that they stop doing that.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, momo said:

I think you're smarter than that. What kind of evidence do you need? Big western european countries deny free speech for Palestinians and human people supporting Palestine. That's a fact. UK sends weapons to israel so they can continue the genocide in Gaza. What do you want more than that? Palestinians in eastern european countries are afraid to utter the word Palestine. Do you want me to prove it? Do you want a zoom call with these people?

Instead of arguing with me, you can fight for freedom of speech. You don't like Palestine? Fine. Idgaf. Nobody said you have to.

Balkans and Central Europe See Rival Pro-Israel and Pro-Palestinian Protests | Balkan Insight

Protests in support of both Israel or Palestine have been held in cities across the Balkans and Central Europe, highlighting divisions over the recent bloody events in the Middle East and who is to blame.
Balkan and Central European countries saw protests in support of both Israel and Palestine over the recent conflict between Hamas militants in Gaza and the Israeli military. Tens of thousands of people gathered in front of mosques in Turkey on Friday after prayers.

“Muslims do not sleep, take care of your brothers,” they chanted at the main event in Istanbul at the square of Beyazit Mosque.

The event was organised by Islamist NGOs which urged Muslim countries to help Palestinians and had a special message for the government of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, which is trying to mediate between the two sides. “Mehmetcik [a name for Turkish soldiers] to Gaza!” they chanted.

In addition to many gatherings across Turkey, Islamist parties will hold a big rally on Sunday in Istanbul in support of Palestine.

After Hamas militants launched a surprise massive attack against Israel, killing over a thousand people, Israel’s government has declared “war”. Israel’s military struggled for days to crush Palestinian fighters still embedded in southern towns and intensified their bombardment of the Gaza Strip....

So you just make wild claim after wild claim and here people have to refute you or your wild claims stand and are true right??? thats the shtick.

Do Palestinians in Palestine have this free speech huh? they want from us EU more than from their government isn't that interesting huh?

Â