Pre Match

TheAuthority

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Axel can play cb and Elmo at rb

I'm not sure I'd want him there though. We've got four right backs in our eighteen that's always going to leave you a little weak elsewhere. I'm also not sure we need two forwards on the bench. Personally, I'd like to have seen Taylor rather than Hogan or Elmohamady. 

I quite like this first eleven though, I think it looks balanced and dangerous.

23 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm also not for Kodjia starting - he doesn't play well in a team effort, he's great on his own, but we've developed a group that bring us danger from lots of areas - for my money, he makes Adomah, Snodgrass and Grealish less effective. Coming off the bench however, he's a brilliant weapon, creating chaos among tired defenders and taking the attacking load onto his shoulders with twenty minutes left he'd be a really valuable weapon.

I'd start with Grabban. 

We've got great depth up front with Kodjia, Grabban, Hogan, Davis and Hepburn-Murphy - especially since in an emergency we could also call on Gabby or McCormack.

The emergency ,would constitute an attack of Novichok nerve gas, to our squad of forwards.

no thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

The emergency ,would constitute an attack of Novichok nerve gas, to our squad of forwards.

no thanks.

Haha. I'm not keen on it either - but as a demonstration of the strange depth we have in some areas and not others, I guess Davis or Hogan is our fourth choice striker - we play with one - whereas we play with one left back and our fourth choice would probably be erm.....Oscar Borg? Our fourth choice Cb would be maybe Jacob Bedeau? 

• Like 1

FFS, amateur hour on the official site, avfc.co.uk FAILS, only works with the www. This takes exactly 5 seconds to sort in nginx, apache, IIS....

crazy. Sorry didn't know where to put that was looking to see if they are offering video today and couldn't believe it.

Need to smash this lot today, really massively just smash the shit out of them by 4 or 5 and look awesome doing it, has to be the first of 7 wins on the bounce :)

• Like 2

Looks like I'll be missing this one.  Been looking forward to it all week!

The Mrs picked up a virus last weekend and it's got worse since she had the baby on Monday.  She's struggling to breathe because of her cough at the moment so we've got an out of hours appointment at 6pm.

Villa - please win in my absence!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

The Mrs picked up a virus last weekend and it's got worse since she had the baby on Monday.  She's struggling to breathe because of her cough at the moment so we've got an out of hours appointment at 6pm.

Congrats for the baby! been a bad winter for viruses like that, I had a few days of fever to the point of nearly tripping over xmas, get her on the antibiotics asap.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Congrats for the baby! been a bad winter for viruses like that, I had a few days of fever to the point of nearly tripping over xmas, get her on the antibiotics asap.

They almost deferred the c-section on Monday but there wasn't time as she was almost due.  It's a bad one.

Last game I tried to watch and missed was Bristol City at home, so here's hoping that's a precedent!

23 minutes ago, romavillan said:

FFS, amateur hour on the official site, avfc.co.uk FAILS, only works with the www. This takes exactly 5 seconds to sort in nginx, apache, IIS....

crazy. Sorry didn't know where to put that was looking to see if they are offering video today and couldn't believe it.

Need to smash this lot today, really massively just smash the shit out of them by 4 or 5 and look awesome doing it, has to be the first of 7 wins on the bounce :)

Congrats and good luck mate.. ;)

Oh,  and make that, 8 wins on the bounce.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I don't think it's possible to say "good line up."  If we lump long balls forward, it's a terrible line-up.  If Albert and Snoddy (or Hutton and Axel) go deep and cross into the box, it's a terrible line-up.  If Hull play a dense midfield and short ground passes through the middle, or clog Jack out of possession, it's a terrible line-up. If Jack is given opportunity to hit through balls on the ground to Hogan, if their left wing is not terribly fast, and if they tend to dump long balls, it's a good line-up.

20 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Hope she gets better soon Rob.

• Thanks 1