Match Thread: Villa v Preston

limpid

When was the funeral for Lansbury's ability or did I miss that one? Did we really sign one of the better midfielders for assists in this league last season and just turn him into a ghost? Why couldn't he get on that pitch at half time? 

The subs and the way we are set up seems totally lacking in ideas and reminds me of how Lambert looked when we played Bradford in that famous cup defeat at home and he hadn't got a clue how to break them down. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

When was the funeral for Lansbury's ability or did I miss that one? Did we really sign one of the better midfielders for assists in this league last season and just turn him into a ghost? Why couldn't he get on that pitch at half time? 

The subs and the way we are set up seems totally lacking in ideas and reminds me of how Lambert looked when we played Bradford in that famous cup defeat at home and he hadn't got a clue how to break them down. 

He was one of our starting mids in the early season and was quite ineffective. He was dropped for Hourihane who went on a decent run of form, and then Lansbury got hurt. Bruce did drop Hourihane for Lansbury a couple months ago and Lansbury was horrid. I don't think he works well with Bruce.