Pre match thread

roonst83

3 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Elphick's been good recently, but put simply, we have a better chance of winning the game with Terry in the side than we have without him. Straight forward decision and I can't knock Bruce for that.

Even a half fit one over someone who is 100% fit and the run over confidence he would be under after 2 solid performances?  :wacko:

Na, I disagree with you there.

Terry should have been brought back in slowly.

Let's hope it does not come and bite Bruce back on the arse.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Ground well prepared for Bruce slagging after the game (regardless of the score)

What do you base this assumption on.. his, what looks to be a poor man management descision before kick off or invisible hysteria running wild already?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

There is no room for sentimentality in sport. It's Bruce's job to pick what he feels is the best XI to win the game. If he thinks Terry is the better choice than Elphick, so be it. If Terry has a stinker and we lose, he'll have to take the blame, but for now I respect his choice. 

• Like 2

I can’t believe how many people want to play an injured Jedinak instead of Whelan; and Elphick instead of our captain and best defender Terry.

Weird. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

His Job is to pick the best team to win the match in his opinion, hard decisions have to be made and only 11 can be picked. Elphick is a seasoned professional he will be p***ed off but this happens at all clubs over time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

What makes you think people will wait until after the game? :)

The psychics are out in force today. 

Some people are going to be livid if we win. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, smg said:

Ground well prepared for Bruce slagging after the game (regardless of the score)

I've never known a manager to be so untouchable from criticism. It's no wonder we are where we are, because the moment we have an opinion people get crazy and call it out. I'm bored of it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can’t believe how many people want to play an injured Jedinak instead of Whelan and Elphick instead of our captain and best defender. 

Weird. 

On the same note, Terry is apparently not completely fit. Rather we played an in form defender - even if Terry is the better player.

• Like 1

I’m sure Elphick is fully aware he’s merely only cover for John Terry. I’m sure the rest of the players know that as well. I reckon the players playing today will be boosted to see Terry back along side them. 

Terry or Elphick is an absolute no brainer. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1