Pre match thread

roonst83

On 1/12/2018 at 00:54, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

You just know Bruce is gunna do something daft like a three cb formation here to accommodate Terry and Elphick alongside Chester.

Im wary of this fixture, hopefully a case of ‘after the Lord Mayor’s show’ for Forest.

Have the same reservations,

I think the more fit players we have available for selection the more Bruce is like a fat kid in a cake shop trying to fit all his favourites in one sitting rather than focusing on a balance. 

Expect to see, Terry, Whelan, Onomah etc all crammed back in when fit.

Edited by Kingman
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Have the same reservations,

I think the more fit players we have available for selection the more Bruce is like a fat kid in a cake shop trying to fit all his favourites in one sitting rather than focusing on a balance. 

Expect to see, Terry, Whelan, Onomah etc all crammed back in when fit.

I really hope he does not do this.

Terry is a difficult one. Best defender by a country mile and a leader on the pitch, so obviously you would want him back in the side, BUT Elphick has done very very well in the last few games and deserves to keep his place. Even if it was a case of sub Elphick and bring on Terry for a run out on 70 mins, it still sends the same message. Chester cannot be dropped as he has also been immense this season. Either Terry-Chester or Elphick-Chester is a good strong pairing.

For once I will not criticise Bruce on that decision, whichever way he jumps (unless he drops both and puts Jedi in there!) or tries to play all three of them.

I think the official twitter said that Terry rolled his ankle in training, so I would expect to see:

Johnstone

Elmo       Chester     Elphick    Hutton

Jedi (if fit, GW if not :( )

Snoddy   Hourihane Grealish Adomah     

Hogan

Come on you Villa boys!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I think the official twitter said that Terry rolled his ankle in training, so I would expect to see:

Johnstone

Hogan

Come on you Villa boys!

Is Hogan fit?

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Johnstone

Hogan

Come on you Villa boys!

I think that side minus Terry and Kodjia is perhaps the strongest XI we have on paper. I would like to see that side press for a win today.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I think the official twitter said that Terry rolled his ankle in training

Hmm, the cynic in me thinks is this to protect Bruces decision to play Elphick in case it goes wrong, so the hysterics dont come out again. I think Elphick should keep his place anyway. 

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

in context, a draw would be okay today. We're in a mini league with about 8 other clubs for the playoffs and there are still twenty odd games to play.

That said, if Grealish plays like he did last time there's no reason why we can't win.

I’ve had that thought often. In isolation, a few of our draws have been ok, a draw today would be another such example. I think today is sort of game we should be looking at as three points if we have aspirations of second place.

Having said that (at the risk of contradicting myself), if we drew today and then won the next 2 or 3, then I’d probably be quite happy with that.

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

have to totally disagree that a draw would be ok. Yes we are in a mini league, but with plenty of games to go 2nd place is still not beyond reach and this imo is the type of game we should be aiming to win. Anything less than a win and i'll be well p!$$ed off.

Same here. We can't go into this thinking a draw will be ok. We need 3 points, it's as simple as that. 

• Like 2