• Onomah
    • Davis
    • Jedinak (Whelan 63)
    • Grealish (Davis 75)
    • Elmohamady (Adomah 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/11/17 at 15:00

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We really did not get lucky. We were not great but we controlled the game. Sunderlands goal was lucky a mistake by Johnstone and some lax defending. Sunderland were just poor and benefited from us being very sloppy. If that was against better opposition we could have lost that game. But I certainly dont think it was lucky, just two bits of quality that lead to goals 

Maybe it was lucky we were playing Sunderland. ;)

5 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

He didn't. It's a common idea which for those who read comes up regularly. And for those who don't there's always Google. Try either... You might learn something you didn't know.

You are to humour, what lumbargo is to dancing . 

And the irony is , you even ended  your post with a worn out cliche .

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We really did not get lucky. We were not great but we controlled the game. Sunderlands goal was lucky a mistake by Johnstone and some lax defending. Sunderland were just poor and benefited from us being very sloppy. If that was against better opposition we could have lost that game. But I certainly dont think it was lucky, just two bits of quality that lead to goals 

If my auntie had nuts, she would be my uncle.

if we had been playing better opposition, we may have played better.

it was, what it was and we won.

They were that poor, we was glad to hear the final whistle.

I don't think they were as poor as we say, they grafted and got in our faces and disrupted what bit of guile we had.

its a game i am glad we won.....they will take some points off team, i am sure.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You could argue the Wednesday goal was lucky

You could.  You'd be wrong, but you could definitely argue it nevertheless :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You could argue the Wednesday goal was lucky on that basis as the wednesday player will.never score a goal like that again esp after less than 60 seconds!

If you don't accept there's an element of luck when a deflected shot goes in, then you probably exclude the whole idea of luck in a football game. Which is fair enough.

I would think most Sunderland fans probably feel they were unlucky though.

57 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think they used to call it wit , I'm guessing Tro, to his credit , sussed it ,

Ok. Maybe he will explain it to me

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, BOF said:

You could.  You'd be wrong, but you could definitely argue it nevertheless :)

Come on BOF, how lucky is he to strike that perfectly and even to think about doing it from that range? Lucky his subconscious made him do it. 

"You have to buy a ticket to win a raffle"

Pauraic Harrington i think recently said "i find the more i practice the luckier i get", clearly implying that as he practices more the likelihood of him hitting better/harder shots (worldies if you will) increases.

Some call it luck, personally i dont.

A ref missing a decision because he didnt see it is luck, something that can be practiced - im not convinced...

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

"You have to buy a ticket to win a raffle"

Pauraic Harrington i think recently said "i find the more i practice the luckier i get", clearly implying that as he practices more the likelihood of him hitting better/harder shots (worldies if you will) increases.

Some call it luck, personally i dont.

A ref missing a decision because he didnt see it is luck, something that can be practiced - im not convinced...

I was trying to make a list of undisputably "lucky" football events and this was the first one that occurred to me.

Is still maintain that scoring with a deflected shot, especially if originally off target, is lucky.

Injuries are usually considered unlucky.

Penalties are a bit of a lottery, from getting the decision to choosing the right way to dive to save it.

19 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

if you need the logic behind that explaining,I‘m sorry, I can‘t help you.

play the same XI and they‘ll be even more tired

play as bad or worse than tonight and Ipswich will have to be even more sh*yte than S‘land were.

and Ipswich wont be knackered after playing on a Wednesday??

and Ipswich will play better/worse than tonight?

The point i'm making is nobody knows...thats the beauty of football.

we might win, we might lose, we might draw, we might play well, we might not....

personally, all i'm interested in is winning and getting out of this league to then see if Tony is true to his word and we then kick on to build a team to stay in the Premiership. 

20 hours ago, a m ole said:

I thought he was a bit of a jerk, the dirty rotten scoundrel.

Nice references and well spotted. I salute you! 

Must have the power of 2 brains. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BigJim said:

I was trying to make a list of undisputably "lucky" football events and this was the first one that occurred to me.

Is still maintain that scoring with a deflected shot, especially if originally off target, is lucky.

Injuries are usually considered unlucky.

Penalties are a bit of a lottery, from getting the decision to choosing the right way to dive to save it.

Im not 100% on the deflected shot.  As it stands id agree there is luck involved.  However id Onomah scores another i may have to reconsider 

I remember Dean Saunders hitting the woodwork something like 20 times in a season and he was asked about it and said something along the line of "if i aim for the post or bar, i can nearly be sure the keeper wont save it, and if im a little off its a goal or wide.  Lately my shooting has been really accurate so maybe i need to practice less"

• Like 1

Â