The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

On 11/01/2019 at 15:42, Zatman said:

The 32Red derby tonight 

Half the Championship is sponsored by them it seems. Off the top of my head: Us, Derby, Leeds, Boro, Preston all moved to them this year (actually I think Leeds were with them before this season but still). This season's FxPro and Dafabet it seems.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not sure how true it could be, but Bournmouth looking to take £75m off Chelsea for Callum Wilson!

Just unbelievable if true.

For a 26 year old with half a decent PL season under his belt. Surely not.

£75m is the price tag bournemouth have reportedly stuck on him, no indication that chelsea will do anything other than laugh at it (more rumours dragging in wolves and west ham and they arent paying that much)

googling the latest transfer rumours to read up on it lost me a fair few brain cells

Rui Pinto, the guy behind the "football leaks" has been arrested in Budapest.

since he's the source for a lot of the things in this thread I thought I put it here

(Google translate alert)

Hacker who stole emails from Benfica was detained

He was arrested the alleged hacker of Benfica , Rui Pinto , a "computer and crime genius". He is the only suspect to have robbed private correspondence to Benfica. Detention occurred within the Cyberduna operation carried out by the Judiciary Police. SATURDAY knows the  hacker was arrested in Hungary, despite having been in several European countries in recent months.

Rui Pinto is suspected of the crimes of qualified extortion in the manner attempted, illegitimate access, offense to the legal person and violation of secrecy.

The Judiciary Police said in a statement that "following diligence in international cooperation in a community country", a "national citizen of 30 years of age on whom a European Arrest Warrant was held" was detained.

"The investigation is conducted by the Central Department of Criminal Investigation and Action ( DCIAP ) and the Public Prosecutor's Office is assisted by the Office of the Prosecutor and the Office of the Prosecutor. National Unit to Combat Cybercrime and Technological Crime (UNC3T) of the Judiciary Police, "said the statement. 

When Benfica's share-sharing recoveries began, Rui Pinto was under 30 years old and operating from Budapest. He is a computer genius who was still very young at the age of 23 and was first picked up after diverting 270,000 euros from a bank in the Cayman Islands. Rui Pinto is being investigated in Portugal and Spain.

For the Judicial Police (PJ) and the Public Prosecutor's Office (MP), he is the only suspect in the robbery of Benfica - but he has been implicated in crimes of electronic correspondence theft also against Sporting and FC Porto. According to his father, Rui Pinto is afraid to return to Portugal because he would be detained. 

However, he will have taken on a challenge position after the cover of SATURDAY has been revealed. After several months without activity, the Football Leaks Facebook page, to which the name of Rui Pinto is associated, has published a publication: "PJ [Police Judiciary] looking for me? LOL # catch me if you can." 

Rui Pinto is suspected of stealing secrets from Sporting, Doyen Investment Sports. It was in 2015 that Nélio Lucas, the businessman who gives the face to Doyen, entered the headquarters of the Lisbon Judicial Police to file a complaint. At 4:15 pm on October 7, 2015 the businessman revealed to the inspectors that four days earlier, at 8:15 on October 3,
had received a first e-mail from Kazakhstan of someone who presented himself as "Artem Lobuzov" and who claimed to be in possession of confidential information about "the Doyen group  as well as its relationship with other entities and societies around the world." It would be Rui Pinto, the hacker who stole the emails from Benfica. In addition, in the emails exchanged, this interlocutor said that he was willing to keep private documents and information in exchange for a "generous donation".

https://www.sabado.pt/portugal/detalhe/hacker-do-benfica-foi-detido

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Just turned on the Southampton v Derby FA Cup game to hear fans chanting "VAR...VAR" over a challenge in the box.

The game is gone.

It's very cringe, but it's because it's still a novelty.

The same way fans were cheering and applauding the vanishing spray when it first got used.

Once VAR is used in the Premier League all hat shit will stop.

I do not believe VAR will actually solve very much. Presently it has been time consuming and disruptive, like 2 minutes worth of deliberation and faff. We've also seen questionable decisions given through VAR, specifically at FIFA's showcase Russian World Cup last summer. Some of the decisions actually given by VAR were piss poor. You can call 'teething trouble' and 'early days' all you want. But it's crap. And it won't end well.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

I do not believe VAR will actually solve very much. Presently it has been time consuming and disruptive, like 2 minutes worth of deliberation and faff. We've also seen questionable decisions given through VAR, specifically at FIFA's showcase Russian World Cup last summer. Some of the decisions actually given by VAR were piss poor. You can call 'teething trouble' and 'early days' all you want. But it's crap. And it won't end well.

Are you Danny Murphy? 😛

• Haha 3

BBC's punditry last night was a great example of 'the games gone'. There's very clear and well defined rules in football around the offside rule. You are either offside or you are onside, it's really very black and white.  However the BBC guys seemed to think that this rule should be ignored in 'very marginal' cases because 'we all want to see goals'. They're just utter dunderheads.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Raver50032 said:

Obviously I disagree entirely.

I posted the stats in the VAR thread. At the world cup VAR caused an average of 30 seconds delay per game. Waiting for Throw Ins to be taken causes an avaerage of 7 minutes delay per game. Waiting for free kicks averages something like 12 minutes per game. That's about 13% of the game spent waiting for free kicks. VAR is negligible in comparison.
Also, half the delay caused by VAR is players getting involved and appealing and arguing with the ref when it's just down to VAR. Once that falls away the delay will be even less.

I don't have any stats, it may be impossible to get them, but at the world cup the majority of decisions made by VAR were right. The only ones I had a problem with, and most other people, were the handballs for penalties. I think there is an issue there and I've said before I felt like the refs were under pressure to give those once VAR had said they needed to review them. That's definitely an improvement.

Overall I don't see how people can say it will lead to wrong decisions. It gives the referees a chance to review the decision from multiple angles and make his mind up. If they are still making a wrong decision then that's the ref's fault, not VAR.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's very cringe, but it's because it's still a novelty.

The same way fans were cheering and applauding the vanishing spray when it first got used.

Once VAR is used in the Premier League all hat shit will stop.

Sort of agree.

The cheering of the spray was always humour, it was taking the piss in the traditional way of the terrace. Personally I think chanting VAR was something else and a step away from the “oooohhhhhh” you get at other sports awaiting a decision or music being played when a team score.

29 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Sort of agree.

The cheering of the spray was always humour, it was taking the piss in the traditional way of the terrace. Personally I think chanting VAR was something else and a step away from the “oooohhhhhh” you get at other sports awaiting a decision or music being played when a team score.

But, same as players appealing for VAR, I don't think it makes a difference. Once fans realise that appealing for VAR doesn't do anything, they'll stop doing it.

If VAR is used properly, as I understand it, only the VAR refs can advise the ref to check a decision. Not the other way round. Certainly that was the case in the world cup.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But, same as players appealing for VAR, I don't think it makes a difference. Once fans realise that appealing for VAR doesn't do anything, they'll stop doing it.

If VAR is used properly, as I understand it, only the VAR refs can advise the ref to check a decision. Not the other way round. Certainly that was the case in the world cup.

You don’t think crowd behaviour/pressure can influence an officials decisions? We shall see I guess. Even if it is short lived as you say it’s still horrible.

i might be wrong here but during the WC wasnt there some sort of hand gesture from the ref to indicate VAR had been used behind the scenes and seen nothing?

They need to have some sort of way of conveying that to the crowd rather than letting thousands of people think its not being used or being used wrong

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

You don’t think crowd behaviour/pressure can influence an officials decisions? We shall see I guess. Even if it is short lived as you say it’s still horrible.

Of course it can. But my point is for VAR, the decision to review it comes from the Video Assistant Referee in his office in London or wherever he/they are.

The referee at the game doesn't say "I want to review this with VAR". Again at least that was how it was supposed to work at the world cup. The VAR is the only one who can advise the referee if there is a decision to be reviewed, not the other way round.

I don't think a team of referees in an office in London are going to be influenced by a crowd chanting VAR in a stadium in Manchester.

Â