January transfer window 2018

Jareth

9 hours ago, omariqy said:

Wyness has come out and said we won't be signing anyone else.

I heard that interview in which he also said things could go down to the last day of the window so I wouldn’t rule out totally a striker coming in as Bruce has publicly  said we are looking for another striker .

That said if nobody does come in I think we have a strong enough squad for promotion .

i think we have irons in the fire which possibly won’t happen but only time will tell and as he says most teams will  wait until the end to see if they get injuries before letting anyone go .

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I heard that interview in which he also said things could go down to the last day of the window so I wouldn’t rule out totally a striker coming in as Bruce has publicly  said we are looking for another striker .

That said if nobody does come in I think we have a strong enough squad for promotion .

We do everywhere else yes.

But we have 1 striker, 2 boys and someone sitting in the wilderness watching on.

We need another proven striker for sure in my reconing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Considering where we are in the league it would be suicide not to bring another striker in. If Hogan gets injured, we are really going to struggle as Davis, despite being good, will not get us enough goals to help us get promoted.

I’m sure we are still in there trying for a striker and hopefully it will come off - if not we will have to go with what we have .

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I’m sure we are still in there trying for a striker and hopefully it will come off - if not we will have to go with what we have .

I'l be shocked if we don' sign a striker. It's just too gaping a hole not to be addressed! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'l be shocked if we don' sign a striker. It's just too gaping a hole not to be addressed! 

Agree; we have quantity but not quality ,  relying on hogan staying fit is a risk and the likes of gabby, Davis  and rhm don’t really fill me with confidence - I’m sure we are after another .

sod it. we have Gabby coming back. stick him into this new team which has confidence, quality wing play and who get forward in numbers and see what he can do. The best Gabby for me was the when we had Young and Downing (bleugh) bombing down the wing putting in good balls, and played with swagger. I wanna see that again!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

sod it. we have Gabby coming back. stick him into this new team which has confidence, quality wing play and who get forward in numbers and see what he can do. The best Gabby for me was the when we had Young and Downing (bleugh) bombing down the wing putting in good balls, and played with swagger. I wanna see that again!

Gabby has shown what he can do of late (not a lot at best). Sadly you will will need a tardis to see that "best Gabby" again at Villa Park.  ;)

Edited by John

If the money is so properly squeezed as we had to loan RDL's wages out to afford Tuanzebe AND we're not signing anyone else I think it says Elphick, BB and McCormack aren't going anywhere fast. Still expect Tshibola to go out on loan somewhere. Steer's injury probably means Sarkic wont be going out on loan.

25 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Sadly, them days are gone.

11 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Wonder if Ross Mac could come back in the same way Hogan has if required.  Must have some confidence after his spell in Oz.

I doubt it and don't think he will.

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

If the money is so properly squeezed as we had to loan RDL's wages out to afford Tuanzebe AND we're not signing anyone else I think it says Elphick, BB and McCormack aren't going anywhere fast. Still expect Tshibola to go out on loan somewhere. Steer's injury probably means Sarkic wont be going out on loan.

I don’t think we had to loan RDL out to be]ring in axel - RDL was down the pecking order and needs games elsewhere - equally there is nothing to suggest we can’t sell any of the 3 you mention in the next few days - there will likely be more movement before Wednesday .

i still expect a striker to come in if we can get it over the line but in these situations we are relying on other clubs to make it happen. 

4 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I would not say that Elphick, RMc are safe yet and I think we could see movement on these 2 along with Tshitbola before the window closes.

Loaning RDL out made sense as we didn't need 3 right backs (4 for you included Hutton).

I think the above 3 mentioned could still be moved on irrespective if we signed a striker or not imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I don’t think we had to loan RDL out to be]ring in axel - RDL was down the pecking order and needs games elsewhere - equally there is nothing to suggest we can’t sell any of the 3 you mention in the next few days - there will likely be more movement before Wednesday .

i still expect a striker to come in if we can get it over the line but in these situations we are relying on other clubs to make it happen. 

Exactly this Eastie.

• Like 1