January transfer window 2018

Jareth

9 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

Some smart signings and we could have won the league. I think all that is easier said than done. Whenever I watch the prem it seems an enormous jump in quality. Shit teams are blowing £30million on players now. 

Shit teams blowing £30m on players who are still exactly the same shit players they would have signed 3 years ago for £5..

Just because there's more money doesn't mean the players are better. 

Trick is still to winkle out the ones who will work instead of Carlos Sanchez or Charles Gill. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Shit teams blowing £30m on players who are still exactly the same shit players they would have signed 3 years ago for £5..

Just because there's more money doesn't mean the players are better. 

Trick is still to winkle out the ones who will work instead of Carlos Sanchez or Charles Gill. 

That bloody Charles Gill, even when we were losing I knew it was his fault! :D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I would be surprised if we still don't sign a striker on loan. As good as hogans been he is injury prone and likely to pick up an injury. Davis umd the profolic and RMH is always injure as well. Only leaves gabby and I don't want him playing. He is finished with us. Give him last run out against derby to say bye to the fans.

We do need another striker regardless of Hogans form and Bruce knows this.

Outside of him we have Agbonlahor and Davis, RH-M at a push.

Question is.. who?

58 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We do need another striker regardless of Hogans form and Bruce knows this.

Outside of him we have Agbonlahor and Davis, RH-M at a push.

Question is.. who?

I would go see if shane longs available i think at this level he could be very good or wells?

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think the gulf in quality between the top 10 of Championship and bottom half of top flight is as wide as people think. 

I don't even think there's much of a gap tbh. The bottom half of the PL are quasi-Championship teams. For all the money in that league, their squads are still awful. Only Southampton and West Ham and possibly Stoke have real PL quality squads. 

Put it this way. If a team from the bottom half drops into the Championship with an unchanged team, none of them would run away with the league or even be comfortably promoted. They'd be in the slog like the rest of us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't even think there's much of a gap tbh. The bottom half of the PL are quasi-Championship teams. For all the money in that league, their squads are still awful. Only Southampton and West Ham and possibly Stoke have real PL quality squads. 

Put it this way. If a team from the bottom half drops into the Championship with an unchanged team, none of them would run away with the league or even be comfortably promoted. They'd be in the slog like the rest of us.

That is exactly how I see it. Also you have to remember these sides are likely to lose their better players when they come down so they will look at the better clubs in the championship or loans of premier league youngsters or premier league rejects that dont play.

they only have the benefit of the parachute payments over the other sides. hull and sunderland both flopping and boro were tipped to win the league and they are below us 

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would go see if shane longs available i think at this level he could be very good or wells?

No chance they will let Shane Long leave. It will either be a player who has virtually no chance of featuring or a youngster getting some game time. 

think Brighton and Huddersfield in big danger, other clubs changing managers have all found momentum remarkably enough. Even Swansea, once write-offs, now are in the mix for survival. There's no out and out Sunderland or Villa ( :( )

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That deal is just too good to be true for us. So it probably isn't.

I still think selling Elphick would be a bad move for the club, 90% sure terry won't be here next season and Elphick is obvious replacement. Plus 7m for the pair, Elphick on his own perhaps... unless they are chucking McCormack in as a buy one get one free deal.

18 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

Yep, if only.

Despite what the article states I cannot see anything in The Sun mentioning about Leeds even looking at this pair.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Wouldn’t sell them to Leeds. 

I would 7m for those would be  a great deal for us, cant see it myself. we dont need mccormack at all, elphick if axel come sin we are covered there. elphick i respect him and will wish him well but if we go up there is no way he is good enough for PL level 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would 7m for those would be  a great deal for us, cant see it myself. we dont need mccormack at all, elphick if axel come sin we are covered there. elphick i respect him and will wish him well but if we go up there is no way he is good enough for PL level 

I think if any offer where to come in for McCormack I would play it totally dumb and put a price of £7m alone based on his 'new found form' down under.

I agree with you on Elphick leaving but if we can free up wages and raise a bit of cash I would sooner do this as we have adequate cover in this area.

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep, if only.

Despite what the article states I cannot see anything in The Sun mentioning about Leeds even looking at this pair.

Page 55 of Tuesday's printed edition (apparently). 55 pages in the Sun these days, blimey that's a lot of dumplings...

1 minute ago, randy_69 said:

Page 55 of Tuesday's printed edition (apparently). 55 pages in the Sun these days, blimey that's a lot of dumplings...

Fair enough.

Not sure if the speculation had any substance that selling them to a promotion rival essentially might be a good idea?