Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/17 at 14:00

Special thanks to the ***** fighting in the away end right next to us. Made a bad day even worse seeing Villa 'fans' fighting each other whilst Wolves fans watched on laughing. Brilliant day. 

I picked wolves to go up at the start of the season and had us to finish about 8th. I'll stick with that. 

Just now, PompeyVillan said:

It's definitely not his fault but does anyone else notice the trend that when we play badly our best player is Alan Hutton?

We definitely missed Taylor today who is one of our most consistent players. Yes Hutton made last ditch challenges but a lot of our attacks come down the left and today there was nothing. 

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Special thanks to the ***** fighting in the away end right next to us. Made a bad day even worse seeing Villa 'fans' fighting each other whilst Wolves fans watched on laughing. Brilliant day. 

I picked wolves to go up at the start of the season and had us to finish about 8th. I'll stick with that. 

Fighting over what??

This is no surprise to me. We have only played well against teams in the bottom half of the table and even then only for 45 minutes. 4-4-2 against a team that keep the ball as well as Wolves with a slow as molasses midfield pair in the centre of midfield (Just so we are clear I believe our central midfield area is too slow and we lack a quality passer).   The match was always going to play out this way. The only way we could have got something from the game is on the counter, but we are so slow to move the ball out and Kodja is nowhere near Davis when he holds it up. This was a game for Onomah to play in behind Davis. What makes it worse is the subs! Hogan for Davis, really! Onomah for Adomah, where is the logic in taking off your creative midfield players when the problem is no enough creativity and numbers in midfield?!

I'm not and haven't been a Bruce out person, but a few more poor managerial performance like this and i will be! Still think he can get us promoted, but losing confidence. Ironically the only reason i still think this is the quality of the squad he has at his disposal rather than his managerial ability!

• Like 2

We were dreadful attacking wise. Defence was solidish.

wolves are a better side than us it's as simple as that. I just wish Bruce would have taken the game to them. I feared it would be back to that negative crap and it was.no support for any of our midfield meaning Davis struggled. Kodjia was absolutely pathetic today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

I don't care what team we put out, how we were set up to play or any other permutations currently available to us. The gulf in class is massive. We were outplayed completely and we don't have the players to ever play like Wolves did today. They are way better than any other team in the division. Yes it points to long term mismanagement but today you've just got to put your hands up and admit they are by far the better team.

We've played some shocking games before but today, Wolves were so good we didn't even have a chance to play badly! I think Villa are being moulded by Bruce to try and scrape the playoffs, Wolves have already been moulded to survive a Premier League season.

This was no repeat of Cardiff, this just highlighted how big the gap is between the top team in the division and the likes of us who's hope is ghe Playoffs.

This is true. But I do think Wolves are miles ahead of everyone. Second place is to play for.

Wolves are the best team in the Championship for me. So you can lose away to them. But as a team that wants to get promoted, we can't be so far off them quality wise. Hutton was our best player. He was really fighting and he saved maybe 1 or 2 goals. He isn't the best footballer as we all now, and you could still see it in this game. But the other players were just far off. Kodjia was bad. But that doesn't mean that he's not a good player on this level. Davis isn't yet ready for such big games with that kind of opposition. But thats alright. A point would have felt like a win if you ask me. I have rarely seen a better opposition than Wolves today at this level. Bruce football isn't entertaining at all, but he won't be sacked unless we start a poor run now. Our situation isn't that bad. One win and we might actually be in the playoff picture, so we got to learn the lesson Wolves teached us, and we can beat Fulham at home, who haven't been that great so far this season.

Edited by Denis242
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

That was awful. Wolves weren't even that good either, we just offered nothing.

They were quality, don't kid yourself. got some great players. 

As for promotion teams not being spanked (pompeyvillain) Chelsea couldn't handle palace today, they hadn't won a game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We were dreadful attacking wise. Defence was solidish.

wolves are a better side than us it's as simple as that. I just wish Bruce would have taken the game to them. I feared it would be back to that negative crap and it was.no support for any of our midfield meaning Davis struggled. Kodjia was absolutely pathetic today.

I think he wanted us to. We just couldn't get the ball or keep the ball. Totally out played.

jota is head and shoulders the best player in this league. I can't believe they have him.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Agree with what has been said. Wolves did the right things. We did not and consistently don't. We've been shite against forest and Bolton at home. This is no surprise whatsoever. Playing like we have we have no chance of going up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I don't care what team we put out, how we were set up to play or any other permutations currently available to us. The gulf in class is massive. We were outplayed completely and we don't have the players to ever play like Wolves did today. They are way better than any other team in the division. Yes it points to long term mismanagement but today you've just got to put your hands up and admit they are by far the better team.

We've played some shocking games before but today, Wolves were so good we didn't even have a chance to play badly! I think Villa are being moulded by Bruce to try and scrape the playoffs, Wolves have already been moulded to survive a Premier League season.

This was no repeat of Cardiff, this just highlighted how big the gap is between the top team in the division and the likes of us who's hope is ghe Playoffs.

We didn't play well  and were set up negatively today so I think to say we can "ever play like them" is a bit of a exaggeration. But wolves are better than us no doubt.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he wanted us to. We just couldn't get the ball or keep the ball. Totally out played.

Not for me, the amount of times our players were doing this side to side rubbish again and not going forward with urgency. We didn't even try test their back line until around 80th minute.

wolves were good with the ball but we were woeful with it today

• Like 1

Â