Red Dead Redemption 2

hogso

On 18/10/2018 at 15:24, villarule123 said:

Simplygames have emailed me to say there's a nationwide agreement to not post the game until release date ? **** you Rockstar

That's so **** anti-consumer it's unreal. **** Rockstar.

Preventing leaks, or a blatant cashgrab to make people pay more for a digital copy so they can actually play at launch? 

Edited by Davkaus

I do wonder if a part of them insisting on not breaking street date is this is going to have a pretty chunky day one 'patch' imo. They'll be worried early players will circulate bugs and broken gameplay because what is on the disc is effectively unfinished - I reckon the game 'came in hot' so to speak.

• Like 1

The game on the disc is rarely the finished product these days. What Rockstar are doing is guaranteeing the best product for the end user and a day one patch is no doubt part of that. Personally the idea of getting games "early" in today's gaming age seems stupid to me. Why would I wait to play a game only to play an inferior version of it without the day one patch? Just wait a few days.

PS. It's not anti-consumer to stick to a pre-established release date by any means necessary. Gambling on Simplygames to get you the game early and losing is not Rockstar's problem.

9 minutes ago, Daweii said:

PS. It's not anti-consumer to stick to a pre-established release date by any means necessary.

It's not sticking to the release date though, is it? Physical copies aren't being posted out until the release date, it's essentially pay a premium for the digital copy, which, incidentally, makes more profit, or get the game late.

If it were anything but a cynical anti-consumer cashgrab, they could just restrict it to being posted the date before release so it'd start arriving on the release date.

@Davkaus The game will be dispatched a day ahead of the release date likely via first class post to get there the following day. So many big games used to do this. All they are stopping is Simplygames dispatching the game today or tomorrow with the "intent" of it arriving Friday, when they know full well it will arrive on Wednesday or Thursday. I really don't think "post the game until release date" means what you're interpreting it to mean. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I was just looking for sources, @Daweii

I would, in theory, stand by my point, but I misinterpreted the post and they are dispatching it a day in advance. :P 

"there's a nationwide agreement to not post the game until release date" meant dispatch to me, but nevermind!

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

That's so **** anti-consumer it's unreal. **** Rockstar.

Preventing leaks, or a blatant cashgrab to make people pay more for a digital copy so they can actually play at launch? 

Is this satire

3 hours ago, dubbs said:

Or you could just walk into a shop on Friday and buy a copy ?

To be honest I was thinking this.

I get pre ordering if you want it delivered rather than going to the shop.

But if you're desperate to have it on the day of release you can just walk into a shop and buy it.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

giphy.gif

So I walked in Game and said to the guy behind the counter "can I pre order rdr2 please" and you know what???? He said "of course " the cheeky b#####d.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm giving my mate Neil a visit.

When is he giving them out? I don't work in the area anymore but I'm off for the rest of the week and this is the one game I've been waiting for!

14 hours ago, villarule123 said:

When is he giving them out? I don't work in the area anymore but I'm off for the rest of the week and this is the one game I've been waiting for!

Said to give him a call this afternoon, might be able to collect ^_^

Reviews are out.

Seems it's a sequel to Red Dead Redemption (shocking, right?). It has all the problems Rockstar games have had for years - same missions, gameplay loops, clunky movement etc etc. It's visually stunning with an incredible world, with quality dripping off it in every facet. The world and systems are exceptionally detailed, perhaps too detailed with too many systems that are too convoluted

I'm quite looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Â