Pride rewards

OutByEaster?

Looking back at the beginning of this thread it reminded me that it only used to cost 500 points to do the pre-match event when it was worth going to, in that you got a free meal and pint and meet up with some former players. The inflation on pride rewards is even worse than real life! 

In the GA+ system the pre match event would probably cost about 100 quid.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Looking back at the beginning of this thread it reminded me that it only used to cost 500 points to do the pre-match event when it was worth going to, in that you got a free meal and pint and meet up with some former players. The inflation on pride rewards is even worse than real life! 

In the GA+ system the pre match event would probably cost about 100 quid.

It was launched at the trough of our "we're shit" phase.

We didn't sell out the stadium every game back then.

The inflation between the Championship and PL probably explains a lot of it too.

There was a bit of choice towards the end of the season, although nothing that really shouted out to me "get that", but there is next to nothing left now. Predictably disappointing, pity they don't let the points roll on, so that you could save them, to get something that you would want or at least increase the choices available. 

Had an email saying I've won a signed copy of FIFA on PS5.  Woohoo.  

Gotta go collect it from the bloody Collection Point though (I live in Oxfordshire).

Can anyone remember who it's actually signed by?

• 1 month later...

On Friday, I got an email reminding me to pick up 2 Beanie hats I ordered and telling me:

"Matchday Collections, open from 2 ½ hours before kick-off, closing 30 minutes before kick-off."

I turned up 30 minutes earlier than I usually would for a game - an hour before kick off and went to join the queue, only to have some steward come over to me and say "sorry we're closed now" which, seeing as they weren't actually closed, meant a queue of 30 people was too much for them to handle.

Presumably the exact same thing will happen to me next game so what's the point?  I'll just let my points expire next time and won't order anything again. Thanks Villa. 

(Sorry about all the bold but it won't turn off)

• Like 1

On 24/07/2023 at 14:06, Wainy316 said:

Had an email saying I've won a signed copy of FIFA on PS5.  Woohoo.  

Gotta go collect it from the bloody Collection Point though (I live in Oxfordshire).

Can anyone remember who it's actually signed by?

Steven Gerrard

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

On Friday, I got an email reminding me to pick up 2 Beanie hats I ordered and telling me:

"Matchday Collections, open from 2 ½ hours before kick-off, closing 30 minutes before kick-off."

I turned up 30 minutes earlier than I usually would for a game - an hour before kick off and went to join the queue, only to have some steward come over to me and say "sorry we're closed now" which, seeing as they weren't actually closed, meant a queue of 30 people was too much for them to handle.

Presumably the exact same thing will happen to me next game so what's the point?  I'll just let my points expire next time and won't order anything again. Thanks Villa. 

(Sorry about all the bold but it won't turn off)

Same thing happened to me.

Will it still be there to collect next week?

I'll likely not bother collecting, not making a special trip to Villa Park to pick up a bobble hat.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I'll likely not bother collecting, not making a special trip to Villa Park to pick up a bobble hat.

At this rate, the club will charge you £70 to turn up and pick up your reward.

We got to raise our revenues to compete you see.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wilko154 said:

They hold everything for 6 months.

I couldn't really care about my drawstring bag but I want my signed FIFA dammit!

I don't understand what's so difficult for them though.  Give person on counter your name, person picks up item/s, gives items to you.  The end. 

Why does that take multiple minutes per person?

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

They hold everything for 6 months.

I couldn't really care about my drawstring bag but I want my signed FIFA dammit!

I don't understand what's so difficult for them though.  Give person on counter your name, person picks up item/s, gives items to you.  The end. 

Why does that take multiple minutes per person?

I've already collected 3 items for 3 people on first game of the season. I joined the end of a queue about 50 minutes before kick off and was told by security staff the service would close in 20 minutes so I risked not being served. There were about 20 fans ahead of me and I waited 18 minutes. Got to the window and one woman sat at a computer took the 3 names I was collecting for, found them on a database and confirmed the 3 items to another woman who quickly picked the 3 items from shelves and handed them to me. Took about 90 seconds so I'd estimate about one minute if only one item was being collected. In fairness the two woman were working in a quick manner, although finding the names/items on the database took a few seconds longer than I thought it should.

The delays are caused by Villa only using one service window and two staff. I think if 3 service windows, 3 computers and 5 or 6 staff were used, the wait would be a few minutes or less.

In my opinion, the club aren't giving it the resources needed to avoid long waits because they are handing out freebies and not taking income.

Â