Football Manager 2018

Villaphan04

19 minutes ago, Skills said:

wonder how sales for FM 18 went in comparison to previous versions?  surely its on the downward spiral

I don't know anybody who bought it this year. All of my friends used to (6 of us), I know others who dabble too. I do wonder if sales are plummeting. I just really find it boring now, too much to do... annoying things happen, like make 3 subs and you nearly always get an injury. How teams can go from awful for 80 minutes to supergodlyamazing to win the game in the last few minutes.. oh and the 1 shot 1 goal loss, which happens a lot on FM - - and Miles likes to remind us about this when it happens once a month in real life. 

The game is broken and has lost it's soul. Like real football I guess. I used to love starting in league 2 or lower, but now you try and bid for unused players and the team asks for 10x their value, and then when a bid comes in for your player it is -10x his value. Stupid.

8 hours ago, Dick said:

I used to love starting in league 2 or lower, but now you try and bid for unused players and the team asks for 10x their value, and then when a bid comes in for your player it is -10x his value.

And he kicks up a fuss about wanting to leave and there's nothing you can say to make him want to stay so you either sell him for a loss or upset the whole squad and either way there's nothing you can do about it because it's all programmed in.

Even in my current FM17 save where I've been Ajax and Dortmund I've had new signings who are 3 months into a 5 year contract demanding to leave because Atletico Madrid are on the "wanted" list.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

And he kicks up a fuss about wanting to leave and there's nothing you can say to make him want to stay so you either sell him for a loss or upset the whole squad and either way there's nothing you can do about it because it's all programmed in.

Even in my current FM17 save where I've been Ajax and Dortmund I've had new signings who are 3 months into a 5 year contract demanding to leave because Atletico Madrid are on the "wanted" list.

Yep, drives me mad. Then the team stops being interested and you have an unhappy player, i’ve even had it cause dressing room issues. The game is made to cause problems like that - they are not natural problems. 

• Like 1

The options in settings to increase or decrease mistakes. How does it work? Do I move it to the left for less mistakes from the CPU? I moved it to the right to make CPU goalkeepers better, and proceeded to score about 6 long range shots!

23 hours ago, Dick said:

I don't know anybody who bought it this year. All of my friends used to (6 of us), I know others who dabble too. I do wonder if sales are plummeting. I just really find it boring now, too much to do... annoying things happen, like make 3 subs and you nearly always get an injury. How teams can go from awful for 80 minutes to supergodlyamazing to win the game in the last few minutes.. oh and the 1 shot 1 goal loss, which happens a lot on FM - - and Miles likes to remind us about this when it happens once a month in real life. 

The game is broken and has lost it's soul. Like real football I guess. I used to love starting in league 2 or lower, but now you try and bid for unused players and the team asks for 10x their value, and then when a bid comes in for your player it is -10x his value. Stupid.

loved doing the whole taking a league 2 team thing and finding hidden gems along the way and selling them for a handsome profit...   but you've hit the nail as its ridiculously difficult to sell players and if so its not much more than their value. 

• 5 weeks later...

So I have this at last, was going to buy it on launch but had to wait until got a laptop now i have one. so I am Villa and am top 18 games 16 wins one draw and one loss quite clear at job. 

didnt get FM17 so cant compare but there are  a host of annoying things on this game. for example players dont play for 2-3 weeks then make a big fuss about it and no matter what you say the player either leaves on  a loss or the squad is upset. in my game its lansbury. its really annoying. it also seems very hard to sell players on a profit and get decent players for good prices. i know they are trying to make it realistic but they are sucking the fun out of it.  

On 06/04/2018 at 09:48, Demitri_C said:

So I have this at last, was going to buy it on launch but had to wait until got a laptop now i have one. so I am Villa and am top 18 games 16 wins one draw and one loss quite clear at job. 

didnt get FM17 so cant compare but there are  a host of annoying things on this game. for example players dont play for 2-3 weeks then make a big fuss about it and no matter what you say the player either leaves on  a loss or the squad is upset. in my game its lansbury. its really annoying. it also seems very hard to sell players on a profit and get decent players for good prices. i know they are trying to make it realistic but they are sucking the fun out of it.  

U know this is coming too switch 

On 4/6/2018 at 09:48, Demitri_C said:

Football Manager (and Champ Manager) was all about finding quality players for peanuts, if they've largely taken this away then I can only imagine that the game will be a pile of shit.

• Like 1

Yeah but at the same time thats reflective of how modern day football is, you can still pick up some bargains and you can put loads of future clauses in to push deals through but playing as villa finding the costa rican messi and paying £100k for him thats not going to happen

The best brazilian talents on it like arthur cost north of £15m and want £80k a week on my ajax save 

I think scouting in general isnt as fun on this one 

Finished 1st by a country mile only lost 3 games and finished on 111 points! Just signed cairney, Antonio on loan from West ham and flori mores from Everton.

One thing i find absolutely ridiculous is that I wanted to sell bjarnason and he is worth 12m and I offer to clubs and the club's are offering 1.5m wtf??? The same is happening with lansbury.

Really milling the game for me that you can't sell your players for good fees 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/04/2018 at 22:04, Demitri_C said:

Finished 1st by a country mile only lost 3 games and finished on 111 points! Just signed cairney, Antonio on loan from West ham and flori mores from Everton.

One thing i find absolutely ridiculous is that I wanted to sell bjarnason and he is worth 12m and I offer to clubs and the club's are offering 1.5m wtf??? The same is happening with lansbury.

Really milling the game for me that you can't sell your players for good fees 

but then when you try to sign someone whos valued at 12 million they want 54 million and a 50% sell on fee. i think back to fm07 how much fun that was i played for days whereas now after the 3rd season it just becomes a chore to get through a season. Don't think i'll buy another FM again after this one, shame really.

They could do with stopping the yearly release cycle and maybe just chuck out a free transfer update for the start of the following season to keep things fresh. This would give them more time to focus on the things that they want to change/get right and 12/18 months+ of community feedback would give them more time to address any issues.

Doubt they will ever do it as it is easy money churning them out every 12 months.

I think i would rather have a new codemasters LMA manager game that is much simpler but much more fun and in all honesty i think i actually enjoyed the console versions of some of the older games more as they seemed a little stripped back.

Forgot there was a thread for this... Anyone ever had an issue where there are no U23 fixtures? Started a save with St Pauli and the first season there was an U23 squad and fixtures as normal then after that it just completely disappeared, no squad and no fixtures. No idea if it's a bug or I'm just missing something obvious.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Does anyone want to setup a villatalk fantasy league on fm18? I always try to join one but can never join as most are private games 

I'd be much more game for setting up a league on CM 03/04 :D 

• Like 1

Anyone had any problems finding their friends on steam? I just can't get a game going with my friend. We are friends on steam but on fm18 when we search for each other it doesn't find us.

Steam is so fecking crap

• Like 1

Â