Football Manager 2018

Villaphan04

On 05/03/2018 at 20:51, Villaphan04 said:

I was just thinking about the game.

I bought it around the release date and haven't played it since.

Judging by the lack of posts in the thread I think that this is a pretty similar thing to many others. 

So I've been trying to get into this game as I have just finished up classes for the summer. I still cannot seem to get into it, and think I might go back to 16 or 17. They just were overly ambitious in adding different things to the game and over-micromanaged these additions to the game and it just ruined the flow for me. I really hope that they come up with a different formula for 19. 

Happens once in real life and he cries bug (I doubt this team has 6x 1 minute red cards in a season!)

Happened to me often in FM, I'd say 6 or 7 times a season (as well as 3 subs then an injury).

What. An. Arrogant. Prick.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dick said:

Happens once in real life and he cries bug (I doubt this team has 6x 1 minute red cards in a season!)

Happened to me often in FM, I'd say 6 or 7 times a season (as well as 3 subs then an injury).

The online for fm18 is absolutely shit

On 12/05/2018 at 15:41, Dick said:

I despise Miles. He's a tool. One of the reasons I've not purchased this years 'update'

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I havent bought it  since FM2014, sounds like a good decision reading your comments.

The reason I gave up was a) my laptop wasnt really good enough anymore, it would take an absolute age just to advance one game week

b) It was too hard, you had to download tactics from other people just to try not to end up getting sacked. I used to enjoy just playing the game not having to set up training rituals and sitting through constant press conferences etc. Probably why I failed as its most likely programmed that you have to do all the other boring stuff to keep your team playing well. Also if you lose just 1 game it sent you into a bad form patch for the next 10 games which seemed impossible to get out of and no matter what you did with the tactics you'll always end up getting sacked by November

• Like 2

I think FM 14 was the best one although I read on the net that a lot of players still play FM 12 and someone updated it to the squads of 2012 or similar. Apparently a lot of ppl also still play Ultimate soccer manager,I must check that game out ( its freeware now ) I remember playing it on my Amiga and it was quite good. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 01:19, PussEKatt said:

I think FM 14 was the best one although I read on the net that a lot of players still play FM 12 and someone updated it to the squads of 2012 or similar. Apparently a lot of ppl also still play Ultimate soccer manager,I must check that game out ( its freeware now ) I remember playing it on my Amiga and it was quite good. 

do you have any forums or links to updates to FM12?  I noticed I still have it on the laptop

i will always get it every year, but inevitably get bored...i've got villa to the most reputable club in the world, beat real madrid's record (5) of most consecutive champ league wins, and it just becomes dull. it's almost more fun when you're struggling. bring on FM2019 though...

On 26/06/2018 at 07:11, villan-scott said:

I have just found my disc for FM07. I’m going to load it up this week and have a blast! Nostalgia galore no doubt. Remember when Villa were decent and not skint?!

Go back even further with the one that had Fredy William Thomson and the Diablo tactic

On 03/07/2018 at 12:22, tomav84 said:

i will always get it every year, but inevitably get bored...i've got villa to the most reputable club in the world, beat real madrid's record (5) of most consecutive champ league wins, and it just becomes dull. it's almost more fun when you're struggling. bring on FM2019 though...

yeah im a bit bored now, will probably squeeze one more game out of it once the transfer window shuts, either a villa game or im tempted to do a sporting lisbon starting with no players game

12 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

You really not getting on with it. I think it's great 

Yeah i know mate. I don't like using the joystick on it. On the tablet laptop its a lot easier to use.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/06/2018 at 15:28, Skills said:

do you have any forums or links to updates to FM12?  I noticed I still have it on the laptop

I tried to copy the link but could not copy it,anyway the latest update is at fmbase.

Attachment 1124482This is my update for FM 2012. [12.0.0 and 12.0.4 patch]

I released one on here a couple years back, and since then have been steadily updating this. You could consider a "small" update as it only has 29,000 database changes (too me is loads!) but I have edited everything here myself, which has taken many days throughout the last two years.

I've focused mainly on the bigger teams in Europe but also changed many other clubs.

Player transfers, CA / PA, positions, added many player into game.. Mbappe, Renato Sanches, Iwobi, Kimmich, Martial etc.
Managers changes
Club reputations, finances, many stadiums changes.
Fixed problem with Barcelona playing in CL and Europa League from the update I released.

Made many other changes.
I've tried to keep it realistic as possible with the player attributes.

This is for anyone who still plays the game like me and fancies a different aspect database, players, attributes, teams etc.

Installation:
This is for 12.0.0 or 12.0.4 patch, you will probably have issues using this with other patches.

Put downloaded file into here:
C:\Users\Name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\Editor Data.
Load game, tick edited data files, tick the downloaded database, play.

Feel free to edit yourself
2017/18 Update. FM 2012

• Like 1

Â