Carabao Cup 2nd Round Draw

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

What a crap draw. The only point I see in this competition is the chance to go to new grounds. We aren't going to win it so a home game against Wigan in front of 15k is about the worst draw we could get.

Heard the commentator on Sky say that teams that get promoted from the Championship tend to do quite well in this competition. 

Can give valuable minutes to a couple of the kids and also help build momentum (if we win). :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

What a crap draw. The only point I see in this competition is the chance to go to new grounds. We aren't going to win it so a home game against Wigan in front of 15k is about the worst draw we could get.

Less likely to be on TV with some of the premier teams entering at this stage. So I think that might entice a few extra fans. Also, isn't the first home cup game of the season free for season ticket holder? That will guarantee a decent crowd if i'm right.

Either way I really hope they drop the prices right down to a fiver or something with kids for a quid. That would be amazing. 

Just now, AVFC44 said:

Heard the commentator on Sky say that teams that get promoted from the Championship tend to do quite well in this competition. 

Can give valuable minutes to a couple of the kids and also help build momentum (if we win). :)

Yeah but we could have done that away to Accrington or Carlisle instead. :)

Good draw for us. I'd imagine we will give a few of those on the fringes another run out. It also gives us a good chance to progress and whilst we are unlikely to win it winning in any competition breeds confidence and helps with positive momentum.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Also, isn't the first home cup game of the season free for season ticket holder?

As I am on holiday I would think almost certainly :bang:

• Sad 1