England Squad Scotland v England & France v England

andykeenan

9 hours ago, av1 said:

There was a moment towards the end when Cresswell had a pop from long range. When the cameras panned to him he was ambling back chewing his gum looking like he couldn't give a toss. I know that might sound like a silly thing to have got on my tits, but it justs sums up for me the attitude of a lot of guys playing for England. 

They really can't be arsed. 

I have no doubt there are quite a few who simply don't give a ****. The whole thing is just an inconvinience.

New manager, same old England. We were lucky to draw in Scotland and then lost to ten man France. We will do well to qualify for the World Cup finals on recent form.   

You badly need a foreign coach.  It's alright hiring from within when there's something there to hire from.  But that cockwomble basically reversed into that job by default and now he's putting out pedestrian sides while doing what he always did i.e. talking quite well in interviews.  Well done.  You're more articulate than the average footballer.  That's not enough.

Yes you might be lacking overall quality, but that doesn't mean you couldn't be doing better with what you have.

• Like 1

Lets be fair though,  we will qualify for the world cup and Southgate should be judged on what we do in the world cup not meaningless friendlies in the middle of June. I don't know if hes the right man but he deserves a chance to fail like the rest of them who had better squads. Just looking at the next 4 games.

Remaining fixtures

Malta a, Slovenia h, Slovakia h, Lithainia a 

I don't think we will drop too many points there. Easy

Edited by PaulC

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Lets be fair though,  we will qualify for the world cup and Southgate should be judged on what we do in the world cup not meaningless friendlies in the middle of June. I don't know if hes the right man but he deserves a chance to fail like the rest of them who had better squads. Just looking at the next 4 games.

Remaining fixtures

Famous last words, anything is possible with these clowns for players. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Remaining fixtures

You probably won't drop many points there but that's not really the point for a side like England.  You SHOULD piss qualification.  It shouldn't even be a part of the discussion to be honest.

It's precisely the likes of France in mid-June that he should be getting judged on.  They ran rings around you.  England lose to the big sides.  Almost always.  Whether it's competitive or not, they usually lose.  Maybe they should start taking the 'friendly' opportunities to test their mettle against the better sides a little more seriously.   Imagine coming away from one of the glamour ties with a morale boosting win and, more importantly, a morale boosting performance?

They'd have a spring in their step.

Instead, it's another loss against the kind of side they'll expect to meet when they inevitably make the finals, and another pedestrian performance against what was a largely experimental French side.

England will struggle to get out of the group for the world cup.

It's interesting to note how poor the actual performances have been on foreign soil. Slovakia away was a nothing game until the 94th minute, Slovenia away was Joe Hart's best game in years which stopped an embarrasing defeat and Scotland was a bit better but it's Scotland.

There's about 10 teams I'd rate with better prospects at next world cup than England.....Germany, Brazil, Argies (Sampaoli will revitalise them), Chile, France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Mexico. You could argue a few more like U.S and Nigeria aswell. Even the quarter finals look a pipe dream now.

We need to uncover a couple of gems before we get there Chris. We know Kane will always get goals, thats a bonus. Defence is a problem, midfield is a problem. We have Alli, Dyer is just a centre back playing in midfield, not much ability imo. Who else is there? 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We need to uncover a couple of gems before we get there Chris. We know Kane will always get goals, thats a bonus. Defence is a problem, midfield is a problem. We have Alli, Dyer is just a centre back playing in midfield, not much ability imo. Who else is there? 

Is Lallana too lightweight to convert into a central midfielder? I still think his end product isn't good enough at the top level but he is a technically gifted player so put him in there with a bit of mobility and surely he could create stuff?

Yeah central midfield is a bit of a waste land atm given the likes of Wilshere and Barkley haven't developed into the players expect and actually starting Livermore in a game shows how desperate things are.

Edited by VillaChris

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is Lallana too lightweight to convert into a central midfielder? I still think his end product isn't good enough at the top level but he is a technically gifted player so put him in there with a bit of mobility and surely he could create stuff?

Yeah central midfield is a bit of a waste land atm given the likes of Wilshere and Barkley haven't developed into the players expect and actually starting Livermore in a game shows how desperate things are.

I like Lallana but yes maybe a bit lightweight in cm. Need a bit more pace as well as guile n there. Wilshere I have given up on, if he cant be good under Eddie Howes management then forget it. Barclay bags of talent but he doesn't look international quality

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Kane gets goals in Premier League and vs weak international teams. He was awful in Euros and cant remember many Spurs European games that I would say he has stood out in. Looking at his record its good vs weaker team in Europe as well 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Kane gets goals in Premier League and vs weak international teams. He was awful in Euros and cant remember many Spurs European games that I would say he has stood out in. Looking at his record its good vs weaker team in Europe as well 

Scored two last night but yes he has still to prove himself at international levl I agree. I discount the euros because Hodgson had him taking all the free kicks and corners

Its a much much bigger problem than the quality of the players, it's almost completely a mental issue for me, has been for since 2002, the last euros wasn't about ability, it was about work rate 

we need a manager and a captain who gets them playing at 100% rather than the lazy excuse filled garbage that we constantly get, too many foreigners in the Prem, the prems too hard, the coach is foreign and doesn't understand English football...

it's not going to happen any time soon

• Like 1

To put it into some depressing perspective, I saw this on that there twitter the other night entitled "France are a joke"

DCV5zs2XsAA78eq.jpg

DCV50Q9XYAAwZFa.jpg

DCV50mPW0AAWoRF.jpg

DCV508rXUAIjPq7.jpg

Not quite the same

KANE
DELE – LALLANA
ROSE – HENDERSON – WINKS – WALKER
CAHILL – STONES – DIER
BUTLAND

RASHFORD
STERLING – BARKLEY - WALCOTT
LIVERMORE – WARD-PROWSE
BERTRAND – GIBSON – JONES – TRIPPIER
PICKFORD

VARDY
LINGARD – OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN - TOWNSEND
DRINKWATER - WILSHERE
CRESWELL – KEANE – SMALLING - CLYNE
HART

DEFOE
REDMOND – ROONEY – ANTONIO
CHALOBAH - NOBLE
SHAW – JAGIELKA - MAGUIRE - SMITH
HEATON

Where's the Deschamps version with Cabaye and Sakho in? :D

France have best under 25 generation in world football. Kongdogbia is another one you could add to that, fallen off the radar since his move to Inter but might have a chance if he goes somewhere else and starts playing again.

Â