England Squad Scotland v England & France v England

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

some people on here said Southgate a better manager than Bruce. the man is a clown and Sherwood has probably achieved more as a manager than him

Jake Livermore starting for England. shambles

Couldn't agree more. If Aidy Boothroyd does a half decent job with the u21's would he be seen as a potential England Manager aswell?

The process of appointing England Managers reminds me of our decision to go for McLeish after going balls deep for Martinez. There just isn't any rhyme or reason to their decision making  

Just now, rodders0223 said:

If Butland is playing for Stoke next season and Hart is still No.1 I will be amazed.

Horrible.

Forster, Foster, Butland, Lee Grant even Rob Green is probably ahead of Hart at the moment

...and can we get rid of this 3 turgid CMs bullshit. I am sick of watching it for England and Villa. If you have the players, or the knowledge on how to utilise it then great....but regardless of whether it's Bacuna, Rooney, Lansbury, Hourihane, Dier, Livermore, Wilshere....we just end up with 3 midfielders doing nothing but wondering around on the half way line. No movement, no taking players out the game with movement, passing, or dribbling. Just doing absolutely nothing but racking up an 85% pass completion ratio between themselves.

The thing with Hart, he isn't just going through a sticky spell, he has been consistently poor for 2 years now. His continued inclusion is mind boggling. 

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

...and can we get rid of this 3 turgid CMs bullshit. I am sick of watching it for England and Villa. If you have the players, or the knowledge on how to utilise it then great....but regardless of whether it's Bacuna, Rooney, Lansbury, Hourihane, Dier, Livermore, Wilshere....we just end up with 3 midfielders doing nothing but wondering around on the half way line. No movement, no taking players out the game with movement, passing, or dribbling. Just doing absolutely nothing but racking up an 85% pass completion ratio between themselves.

Agreed.

Two defensive midfielders against a pub team like Scotland. The other midfielder sitting just of a striker, and a striker on the wing. 

Oh how i long for the days of 442. 2 in the middle, and 2 wingers putting the ball in the box for 2 strikers. Football is an eay game, why do these morons try so hard to complicate things?

1 hour ago, av1 said:

The thing with Hart, he isn't just going through a sticky spell, he has been consistently poor for 2 years now. His continued inclusion is mind boggling. 

Would rather have Scott Carson in goal than Joe Hart

I saw both goals and saw multiple angles of the goals, and I don't understand why Hart is taking so much blame. Both were good free kicks. The first one was saveable, but it was a good hit. Hart saw it late. He can't just assume where it will go and dive. 

• Like 1

I don't particularly like Joe Hart, and I think Butland will oust him eventually.

But I'm not sure why hart is getting so much stick here. I only saw the highlights and they looked like two very good free kicks. Possibly the second one he could have gotten across sooner. 

But it would have taken a very good keeper to save either of those.

The goal Gordon let in at the other end was a shocker yet doesn't seem to be mentioned.

• Like 3

England going to get knocked out in the groups in the next world cup aren't they, there's just nothing to get excited about anymore as the same old problems get passed down from the generations.

The paucity of talent will be laid bare playing France on Tuesday. Their bench the other name was ridiculous for strength in depth.

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Don't know this looks a good crop. The way we beat Italy in the semis was good. Rashford could have played in this as well. 

They'll all be playing zombie sideways football for the senior team soon enough.

Been watching the game and there's been a startling lack of composure infront of goal aswell. Like watching Lallana yesterday.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

England going to get knocked out in the groups in the next world cup aren't they, there's just nothing to get excited about anymore as the same old problems get passed down from the generations.

The paucity of talent will be laid bare playing France on Tuesday. Their bench the other name was ridiculous for strength in depth.

France also got some issues.

They are just good players and not a team. Deschamps has no clue what to do with them or on whom to build the team around (yet).

On paper they are among the very best in the world, but he still choose to play Sissoko for some reason, who was awful. Griezmann was selfish as per usual now and their CM with Pogba, Matuidi and Payet was nullified by Jakob Johansson, a guy I wager most have never heard of.

France, just like Holland almost always seem to have issues with building a team out of great individual players.

Â