England Squad Scotland v England & France v England

andykeenan

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Havent been in a final of a major tournament for 50 years so big difference. These are winners the 2007 and 2009 lot didn't get past the semis

2009 made final.

Under 21 tournament is usually much more of a guide than under 20s given Spain and Germany have used it as stepping stones for players in recent times.

it is a brilliant achievement

but...as someone who believes that english football has themselves to blame when it comes to young talent not progressing i cant do anything other than take it with a pinch of salt

watch these youngsters now spend 3 years on the bench at chelsea getting paid £30k a week and being told by the media they're world class and then wonder why at 22 they havent lived up to their potential

• Like 3

Just now, PaulC said:

On bbc it says first final for 51 years Chris 

Probably as it's a world competition, 2009 was just euros but as I said above I'd still take that as a bigger guide due to the quality of teams in the european competition.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

it is a brilliant achievement

but...as someone who believes that english football has themselves to blame when it comes to young talent not progressing i cant do anything other than take it with a pinch of salt

watch these youngsters now spend 3 years on the bench at chelsea getting paid £30k a week and being told by the media they're world class and then wonder why at 22 they havent lived up to their potential

Already seeing it with Solanke. Holding Chelsea to ransom and then going to Liverpool for the money...he certainly won't be playing football. 6 loan moves later his career will be at Celtic. 

Players like Lukaku at least went down to build a career. We don't have the same mentality. Now,now,now.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2017 at 05:57, VillaChris said:

Wrong thread but how come Schick didn't start for Czechs last night? On the verge of signing for Juventus and he's behind mug Czech league strikers in the pecking order. :lol:

Still 2 point lead over Azerbaijan now, it could happen. ;)

Krmenčík is that mug you mentioned, but he has been on quite the goal scoring streak. Before the Norway match, Krmenčík had 4 goals in 5 matches in a Czech shirt. 

Schick still should be playing. He is overall the better player, but I don't blame our manager for going with the guy who has been scoring in nearly every match. 

Edited by Czechlad

Just now, osmark86 said:

Almost feel bad for Heaton. Two decent saves converted.

I agree, he's been unlucky but I think this is the difference between a good keeper and a top class keeper. Top class keeper would have pushed at least one of those to safety.

• Like 1

Â