England Squad Scotland v England & France v England

andykeenan

Just now, sne said:

France also got some issues.

They are just good players and not a team. Deschamps has no clue what to do with them or on whom to build the team around (yet).

On paper they are among the very best in the world, but he still choose to play Sissoko for some reason, who was awful. Griezmann was selfish as per usual now and their CM with Pogba, Matuidi and Payet was nullified by Jakob Johansson, a guy I wager most have never heard of.

France, just like Holland almost always seem to have issues with building a team out of great individual players.

It's more the talent they produce....Mbappe and Dembele are future balon d'or winners imo, Greizmann finished 3rd in the votes this year, Pogba might win it one day as I don't think he was as bad as made out this season but the pricetag wade heavily.

Kane and Dele Ali are good players but can anyone ever see them getting up to that level especially with all the mediocrity around them. England aren't doing anything with Jake Livermore as a midfield "linchpin".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They're tired from playing in the quarters and semi finals of the champions league instead! ;)

True but they wouldn't have had the opportunities if they played for Chelsea or Man City 

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They'll all be playing zombie sideways football for the senior team soon enough.

Been watching the game and there's been a startling lack of composure infront of goal aswell. Like watching Lallana yesterday.

Maybe nerves, but theres bags of pace in this England team. I'm wanting to be positive because we don't get to make many finals do we. 

15 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I saw both goals and saw multiple angles of the goals, and I don't understand why Hart is taking so much blame. Both were good free kicks. The first one was saveable, but it was a good hit. Hart saw it late. He can't just assume where it will go and dive. 

Wrong thread but how come Schick didn't start for Czechs last night? On the verge of signing for Juventus and he's behind mug Czech league strikers in the pecking order. :lol:

Still 2 point lead over Azerbaijan now, it could happen. ;)

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Maybe nerves, but theres bags of pace in this England team. I'm wanting to be positive because we don't get to make many finals do we. 

Last time I can remember England making a major final was under 21s in 2009. Played a Germany team with Ozil, Neurer and Hummels in it. England had Onouha and Micah Richards as CBs, lost 4-0.

That's why I'm not getting that excited Paul!

Well at least we are winning this one :) Of course it may mean nothing in the long term as the way the Premier League is you have to be truly exceptional to even get a chance like Rashford. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Well at least we are winning this one :) Of course it may mean nothing in the long term as the way the Premier League is you have to be truly exceptional to even get a chance like Rashford. 

Well the goalscorer plays for Everton and they're a club who always give young players a chance, Spurs with Pochettino aswell of course.

A problem down the years i England don't funnel the players through the various age groups aswell as say Spain do, it helps with continuity that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Don't know if its been mentioned but England are just about to start the final of the u20 world cup. The future is bright. 

How many players will step up though. People said about the 2007 and 2009 Euro Under 21 squads as well. Of them squads only Cahill has really stepped up for England and maybe Milner. Others got caps like Gibbs, Young, Gabby, Richards, Hart and never made an impact at international level

Compare to 2009 Germany squad Boateng, Howedes, Neuer, Khedira, Ozil, Hummels all won World Cup medals and the entire starting 11 all won international caps(though not all for Germany)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Don't know if its been mentioned but England are just about to start the final of the u20 world cup. The future is bright. 

Against Venezuela. Where have they come from?! They have always been from my recollection the weakest South American team. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Against Venezuela. Where have they come from?! They have always been from my recollection the weakest South American team. 

They've invested a lot in youth development in last 10 years, las generation in 2009 produced lots of solid players playing in europe now like Rondon, Rincon at Juventus and Roberto Rosales at Malaga.

Been much more competitive in the world cup qualifiers (won 1-0 against Argentina in 2011) but been poor this time due to the civil unrest and also a poor managerial choice.

No idea if he still posts on here but ClaretMahony could fill you in a bit more.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

They have beaten Argentina, Sourh Korea and Italy on their way to the final Great credit should go to this England team. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

How many players will step up though. People said about the 2007 and 2009 Euro Under 21 squads as well. Of them squads only Cahill has really stepped up for England and maybe Milner. Others got caps like Gibbs, Young, Gabby, Richards, Hart and never made an impact at international level

Compare to 2009 Germany squad Boateng, Howedes, Neuer, Khedira, Ozil, Hummels all won World Cup medals and the entire starting 11 all won international caps(though not all for Germany)

Havent been in a final of a major tournament for 50 years so big difference. These are winners the 2007 and 2009 lot didn't get past the semis

Reading some of the posts in this thread, no one would think we'd just won an under 20 World Cup. Is it any wonder some players don't go on and make it because they are criticised by some fans despite this brilliant achievement. 

Â