Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

The Shetland lost all mobile phone coverage, landlines and cashpoints. 

It must have been like stepping back to the old days when the Shetland Islanders didn't even know these things existed. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Spelling mishsteaks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I always thought he was a fraud and a cultist but he really has been excelling himself recently. What a massive massive throbber

It’s pretty obvious now where his allegiances are. Blokes a word removed

13 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Germany gas reserves are now 97% of capacity.  On the same day 1 year ago they were 72% of capacity.  

Putin's "cold winter in Europe" tactic is another failure. 

Just put something in the Energy Bills thread about this. 

Excellent news. 

I was wondering if Russia’s current regime of cutting off power, water and gas to millions of people in Ukraine would likely expedite change of tactic from the West / Ukraine?

How long will Ukraine hold off from (properly) hitting targets in Russia?

I find it pretty shocking what Russia is doing but still considers any attacks back on their land as “not cool”. How can they be allowed to effectively have their own country as a no go zone for retaliation?

I wonder if Ukraine started hitting targets on Russia’s side of the border would change things much.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I was wondering if Russia’s current regime of cutting off power, water and gas to millions of people in Ukraine would likely expedite change of tactic from the West / Ukraine?

How long will Ukraine hold off from (properly) hitting targets in Russia?

I find it pretty shocking what Russia is doing but still considers any attacks back on their land as “not cool”. How can they be allowed to effectively have their own country as a no go zone for retaliation?

I wonder if Ukraine started hitting targets on Russia’s side of the border would change things much.

In their mind it would legitimise the use of nuclear weapons to defend the country. 

The response should be to increase Ukraine’s air defence rather than escalate to attacks on people in Russia. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

In their mind it would legitimise the use of nuclear weapons to defend the country. 

The response should be to increase Ukraine’s air defence rather than escalate to attacks on people in Russia. 

They hit targets inside Russia all the time. Belgorod is the new Blackpool

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s just frustrating that Russia can decide to destroy the infrastructure of the neighbour but also enjoy exemption from anything in their country. Because doing anything like what they are doing would be seen as escalation.

Even if we buy into the Russian stance that the areas in the east are theirs and they’re just re-taking them then they are still blowing up stuff in Kyiv and the West. 

Pisses me off they “enjoy” the fact Ukraine and the West are following some kind of rules whereas they do what they like.

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

They hit targets inside Russia all the time. Belgorod is the new Blackpool

So, superficially prosperous by the water, but still really shit, then an ever increasing hellscape the further inland you go?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s just frustrating that Russia can decide to destroy the infrastructure of the neighbour but also enjoy exemption from anything in their country. Because doing anything like what they are doing would be seen as escalation.

Even if we buy into the Russian stance that the areas in the east are theirs and they’re just re-taking them then they are still blowing up stuff in Kyiv and the West. 

Pisses me off they “enjoy” the fact Ukraine and the West are following some kind of rules whereas they do what they like.

Whilst there is never only one reason for doing, well, anything really, a main reason for targeting Ukrainian energy infrastructure like this is to tempt the Ukrainians to respond in kind.This would reinforce internally that Ukraine is a threat, lose Ukraine support internationally and allow Russia to roll out a 'both sides' narrative.

3 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Whilst there is never only one reason for doing, well, anything really, a main reason for targeting Ukrainian energy infrastructure like this is to tempt the Ukrainians to respond in kind.This would reinforce internally that Ukraine is a threat, lose Ukraine support internationally and allow Russia to roll out a 'both sides' narrative.

Alternatively it could actually be RUssian retaliation for at least two electricity substations in Belgorod being targeted by Ukrainian missile strikes just prior to Russia starting this new tactic. probably a bit of both

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just the general frustration that they have to avoid making Russia too angry.

Ukraine aren't avoiding making Russia too angry.

They have to be careful in what weapons they use to attack inside Russia but that is about global optics and not to avoid making Russia angry

• Like 1

Also this. Celebrating anyone's death is a bit beyond the pale but the closest I come to making an exception is for these shitheads

Video contains images of people bleeding, no actual bodies

And true to form Kadyrov makes a statement which makes absolutely no sense, considering its already happened and he does not have the capability of carrying out his threat.

Â