• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

53 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Another vile report today about the sexual violence being conducted against Ukrainian men, women and children.

I hope those bastards face justice for the crimes they are committing. 

Unless they get caught by Ukrainian forces, they won't. Find a war where sexual abuse/violence hasn't been committed. I think you'll struggle tbh. It's one of those vile things that seems to occur during every war throughout history. 

11 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Unless they get caught by Ukrainian forces, they won't. Find a war where sexual abuse/violence hasn't been committed. I think you'll struggle tbh. It's one of those vile things that seems to occur during every war throughout history. 

They could swab the victims for DNA samples and hold them on record. Any prisoners or dead Russian soldiers could then be tested against the data and this could be stored for years. DNA changes the game. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, tinker said:

They could swab the victims for DNA samples and hold them on record. Any prisoners or dead Russian soldiers could then be tested against the data and this could be stored for years. DNA changes the game. 

In some instances I'm sure that will happen with captured prisoners etc. In most instances this type of crime will never be punished. DNA or not the murder of civilians is going to take president over sexual abuse cases. There will also be tons of instances whereby individuals are too ashamed to admit to being abused. Most of this shit gets shoved under the carpet during times like this. It's horrific but during war what can you do when huge parts of land has been and is held by the enemy.

Think about those that live on occupied land that have been abused and may never be repatriated with Ukraine. We only hear of those that have escaped, got back to Ukraine held territory or that have been liberated. There will be far more to be uncovered when all is said and done. Far too many instance to chase every individual that has carried out such acts. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

In some instances I'm sure that will happen with captured prisoners etc. In most instances this type of crime will never be punished. DNA or not the murder of civilians is going to take president over sexual abuse cases. There will also be tons of instances whereby individuals are too ashamed to admit to being abused. Most of this shit gets shoved under the carpet during times like this. It's horrific but during war what can you do when huge parts of land has been and is held by the enemy.

Think about those that live on occupied land that have been abused and may never be repatriated with Ukraine. We only hear of those that have escaped, got back to Ukraine held territory or that have been liberated. There will be far more to be uncovered when all is said and done. Far too many instance to chase every individual that has carried out such acts. 

Maybe , but you can never give in to the darker side of humanity, you have to give hope to victims and fear of punishment to criminals. If you don't then the devil of war wins. 

This is a very interesting article.   

I hadn't thought about the point at the very end of the article.  Finland (Nokia) and Sweden (Ericsson) are 2 of the leading companies developing the 5G network.  The expertise they will bring will a massive help on the modern battlefield.  Their lack of help to Russia will be a huge blow and make Russia completely dependent on Huawei. 

https://www.politico.eu/article/nato-lake-what-sweden-and-finland-will-change-in-the-baltics-russia-ukraine-war/

What Sweden and Finland will change in the Baltics

• Like 1

Interest rumours from Russian supporters. 

The Russian First Guards Tank Army (1GTA) was a prestigious force which was formed to defend Moscow from NATO.  Earlier in the war Ukraine gave it one hell of a kicking twice in a few months. 

It was so badly mauled that it was withdraw to be rebuilt.   

It's apparently taken another massive kicking whilst staging a counterattack.   It seems likely that it lost half its tanks.  

Russian supporters are saying that "traitors" warned the Ukrainians of the time, date and place of the counterattack.   

Many are saying that it was rebuilt with antiquated tanks and poorly trained conscripts who attacked over open ground where Ukraine had already targeted their artillery. 

If true (and I think it is) it shows how desperate things are getting for Russia.   

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Added details
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

More and more Putin seems to be transitioning Russia from a global super power to China's bitch.

Russia was never a Global super power. They just pretended to be one.

• Like 1

Absolutely desperate actions by the Russian government.

Foreigners will not be able to exit Russian businesses unless they take a huge loss on their investment.  

That might help Russia's economy in the short term.  But it's going to kill it in the long term.  Who the hell will invest in Russia knowing that they can't exit with the true value of their investment? 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Spelling mistake

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Absolutely desperate actions by the Russian government.

Foreigners will not be able to exit Russian businesses unless they take a huge loss on their investment.  

That might help Russia's economy in the short term.  But it's going to kill it in the long term.  Who the hell will invest in Russia knowing that they can't exit with the true value of their investment? 

image.gif

12 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Rumours are that 2 pillars have gone.  That suggests an incredibly powerful and precise attack.  

Are Storm-Shadow accurate enough to target the bridge pillars rather that the spans?  

Supposedly no air defence fired so it might be submersible drones? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Rumours are that 2 pillars have gone.  That suggests an incredibly powerful and precise attack.  

Are Storm-Shadow accurate enough to target the bridge pillars rather that the spans?  

The 2 pillars that came down are ones that were already in poor condition due to the shoddy building standards.  

The governor of Crimea has said they have ample food and petrol so their is no need to panic buy.  🤣

Tourists have been advised to seek alternative routes. 🤣

I really hope this is Storm-Shadow and Russian Air defences didn't fire a single shot.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The 2 pillars that came down are ones that were already in poor condition due to the shoddy building standards.  

The governor of Crimea has said they have ample food and petrol so their is no need to panic buy.  🤣

Tourists have been advised to seek alternative routes. 🤣

I really hope this is Storm-Shadow and Russian Air defences didn't fire a single shot.  

I can't believe that too many Russians would have been thinking that Crimea was a good place for a holiday this summer (although I suspect that there might be some very cheap deals available) but Ukraine did have a campaign a few weeks ago warning Russians against holidaying in Crimea.  So I wonder if there is a connection and if so how much of the attack is aimed at disrupting supply chains and how much is actually an assault on Moscow's credibility / reputation given how important the Kerch Bridge is to Putin personally.  I think last time it took around 4 months to fully re-open the bridge and the defences were supposedly increased significantly as a result.  So has it taken 5 months to figure out how to bypass the defences or has the counter-offensive meant that defences have been re-deployed?  If the defences have been weakened then surely it would be worth another attack on the bridge in the coming days?  Not only would it mean that it would cause additional disruption to the supply chain (assuming that it is harder to try and fix two separate damaged parts of it) but if the bridge (Putin's baby) has already been attacked twice and gets attacked for a third time - surely people would seriously start questioning whether Russia really can defend itself.  It will also cause some concern amongst Russians in the area about their options should Ukraine start to make advances to the north.  If leaving via the bridge is not possible then how long are you going to be comfortable having the "land bridge" as your only exit route?

• Like 1

Â