• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

51 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Chechen warlord openly criticises Wagner and suggests a face to face meeting to “resolve” problems between them. 

Civil War getting closer.

fight-harry-hill.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Chechen warlord openly criticises Wagner and suggests a face to face meeting to “resolve” problems between them. 

Civil War getting closer.

Moeshit Hunger Games #3 - Page 3 - Games - Yugioh Card Maker Forum

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It tells you everything you need to know about Russia that they employ the likes of Wagner doesn’t it? They must be the only ‘super power’ out there that would sub contract their war ops surely? 

The US uses proxy forces all the time. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Maybe covertly but not publicly right? 

French foreign legions.

Private intel agents.

Ghurkas.

There are many examples of countries using "outside" forces for war operations. 

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

French foreign legions.

Private intel agents.

Ghurkas.

There are many examples of countries using "outside" forces for war operations. 

French Foreign Legion and the Ghurkhas are units in the respective countries regular armies. Just as the Ukraine Foreign Legion is. There are other foreign volunteer battalions in Ukraine (like the two currently prominent Russian ones and the three Belarus ones that are not part of the Ukraine Foreign Legion)

The US equivalent to Wagner would be Blackwater (now Academi) The point is correct, two of the equivalents you have given are not

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It tells you everything you need to know about Russia that they employ the likes of Wagner doesn’t it? They must be the only ‘super power’ out there that would sub contract their war ops surely? 

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Maybe covertly but not publicly right? 

Black water were used by the U.S. for ‘security’ work. In 2007 they killed 17 civilians in a town square in Baghdad. The PR was so bad they had to change their name and they are now called Academi and still employed by the U.S. Founded by an ex U.S. navy seal.

In 2016 Iran claimed that 200 of Blackwater’s ‘logistics staff’ and their commanding officer, U.S. Colonel Petras were killed by a missile strike in Yemen.

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

French Foreign Legion and the Ghurkhas are units in the respective countries regular armies. Just as the Ukraine Foreign Legion is. There are other foreign volunteer battalions in Ukraine (like the two currently prominent Russian ones and the three Belarus ones that are not part of the Ukraine Foreign Legion)

The US equivalent to Wagner would be Blackwater (now Academi) The point is correct, two of the equivalents you have given are not

That's right, but I have given examples of "foreign" forces fighting within an army structure of a given country to show that it's not uncommon. I agree it's not the same thing; I tried to show armies do use "outside" forces. 

The better example (as You stated) might be Ukraine which has taken hundreds of soldiers from US or Poland who have individually volunteered to fight in a Ukrainian army structure and are getting paid for it. 

24 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

That's right, but I have given examples of "foreign" forces fighting within an army structure of a given country to show that it's not uncommon. I agree it's not the same thing; I tried to show armies do use "outside" forces. 

The better example (as You stated) might be Ukraine which has taken hundreds of soldiers from US or Poland who have individually volunteered to fight in a Ukrainian army structure and are getting paid for it. 

No see there’s a fundamental difference between “foreign legions” that are part of a countries regular army, another example being the Squadron of Polish pilots that flew for the RAF in WW2 and PMCs like Wagner and Blackwater. The former are part of the regular army and as such are bound and protected by the Geneva Convention, the PMCs are mercenaries and are not. Lumping them together as outside forces isnt correct.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Especially in Germany of all places.

I suspect they are Tankies not Nazis, hence the reference to “Peace without Weapons.” Just more Russophile useful idiots

But yes, you'd think they'd know better given a good chunk of the country were under the Communists yoke for a fair few decades and most hated it.

It's good to see Scholz speaking like that in public though considering how he was this time last year even, he's clearly forgotten about Russian gas now.

• Like 2

Â