Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

…....how do you propose to get down to a floor that’s above you?

To my surprise, one hundred stories high
People getting loose y'all, getting down on the roof
Folks are screaming, out of control
It was so entertaining when the boogie started to explode
I heard somebody say
disco inferno
(Burn baby burn) burn that mother down

• Like 1

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Another child orphaned. 

The Earth, the Earth, the Earth is on fire
We don't have no daughter, let the really bad person burn
The Earth, the Earth, the Earth is on fire
If we cut off the water then the jackals would return

18 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Even if it turns out they are only ‘trolling’ thus is a **** stupid thing to do.

Agreed, as demonstrated by the whopper who did the tweet. Assuming the vid is actually UA troops, not Russians dressing as that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Even if it turns out they are only ‘trolling’ thus is a **** stupid thing to do.

There are several responses in the thread that claim the accents are obvious in that they are Russian. I must confess when looking at the uniforms my first thought was they didn't look Ukrainian or act particularly convincing.  

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Agreed, as demonstrated by the whopper who did the tweet. Assuming the vid is actually UA troops, not Russians dressing as that.

Yep, looked at his account, the phrase citizen journalist rings enough alarm bells, then I don’t think I even had to scroll much. A highlight was calling Castro a giant amongst men and in the same sentence calling Jens Stoltenburg a little girl.

Im not sure whopper does him justice tbh

On 17/02/2023 at 19:16, bickster said:

Yep, looked at his account, the phrase citizen journalist rings enough alarm bells, then I don’t think I even had to scroll much. A highlight was calling Castro a giant amongst men and in the same sentence calling Jens Stoltenburg a little girl.

Im not sure whopper does him justice tbh

Double whopper?

Talking about whoppers. In other news, Bakhmut still holds holds 4 weeks after George ‘not on the take, seriously’ Galloway announced that it had fallen. Though Ukraine seems to be withdrawing in a manner that causes such devastating losses to Russia/Wagner that the ‘offensive’ has all but stopped.

Here’s this week’s benny hill moment from Russia.

Edited by magnkarl

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Vuhledar,

I have been watching this over the last week,  they lost it all again.  Russia look a bit clueless at the moment,  run out of ideas.

This was the master plan of yesterday,  I think there are 14 in the picture.  

In a line,  grouped together , no artillery support and no vehicles / tanks.  They all went into 1 building shortly after this.

I don't know the name of the tactic below but it isn't that good.  They did this for 3 days.

image.png.7db0e62fde473de08e9dc6dd5eab1418.png

8 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I have been watching this over the last week,  they lost it all again.  Russia look a bit clueless at the moment,  run out of ideas.

This was the master plan of yesterday,  I think there are 14 in the picture.  

In a line,  grouped together , no artillery support and no vehicles / tanks.  They all went into 1 building shortly after this.

I don't know the name of the tactic below but it isn't that good.  They did this for 3 days.

Shooting practice 

For the Ukrainians

• Like 1

On 17/02/2023 at 13:52, Mandy Lifeboats said:

To my surprise, one hundred stories high
People getting loose y'all, getting down on the roof
Folks are screaming, out of control
It was so entertaining when the boogie started to explode
I heard somebody say
disco inferno
(Burn baby burn) burn that mother down

Laugh or burn, take your pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

If this is the 'great offensive'

I think they expected to pin and get Vuhledar, they threw loads at this target and actually lost a really good place by the river. 

The way it panned out over the last month,  for the amount Russians dead,  it's like Ukraine gave them the space to move into and then destroyed them and took it back.

Let's see what happens as there is a rotation of newly trained Ukraine troops behind Vuhledar, on the way.

1 motivated, kitted up and NATO trained soldier, properly supported is probably worth 5 of these Russians troops at the moment.  

Even if your only ever combat training was playing Call of Duty for 1000 hours,  you still wouldn't walk around a "Battlefield" like the Russians,  basic common sense.  Utter madness.

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Biden in Kiev today  ?

Yep, given the risk averse nature of the US towards presidential visits, this is huge and a big FU to Putin that they felt safe in letting him visit. The timing is also imprtant as it runs up to the anniverary of the large scale invasion by RUssia

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Biden in Kiev today  ?

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep, given the risk averse nature of the US towards presidential visits, this is huge and a big FU to Putin that they felt safe in letting him visit. The timing is also imprtant as it runs up to the anniverary of the large scale invasion by RUssia

Waiting for @villakram 's verdict on this with baited breath. 

• Haha 1

Â