• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Christ, once they get through the M270's, the Tanks and Mortars and Machine Guns and Sniper fire, they're going to cause carnage. 

Not a 100%, but it seems Germany has had to stand aside. 

Ukraine expects to get 100 Leopard 2 tanks from 12 countries, once Germany approves: Senior Ukrainian official

Twelve countries have agreed to supply Ukraine with around 100 Leopard 2 tanks if the German government gives its consent, according to a senior Ukrainian official who spoke exclusively to ABC News.

Those agreements, the source said, were made at Friday's summit at Ramstein US Air Force Base in Germany when allied nations discussed military support for Ukraine.

Countries such as Poland and Finland have already indicated publicly that they are willing to provide a number of their Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine.

Likely countries on the list:

Poland, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Turkey, Canada, Portugal and Spain, and maybe Greece/Indonesia at a stretch.

Seems the assurances are that they'll receive Abrams in a swap deal with the US. Germany has literally lost 10 customers for their MBT by just being stubborn.

I wonder what Rheinmetall and Krauss-Maffei thinks of this all, they now essentially have a government that is killing their bottom line.

Edited by magnkarl

I wonder what Ukraine plan to do with their image once this is over. Everyone is very pro Ukraine right now but don’t they genuinely have quite wide problems with racism and nazism? When this is all over do we remember it isn’t the lovely cuddly country it is now portrayed as?

This is completely separate to the Ukrainian war effort which I fully support, but they haven’t become a lovely great country over night. I hope they do actually commit to reforming their image and attitudes. 

13 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I wonder what Ukraine plan to do with their image once this is over. Everyone is very pro Ukraine right now but don’t they genuinely have quite wide problems with racism and nazism? When this is all over do we remember it isn’t the lovely cuddly country it is now portrayed as?

They'll be too busy being corrupt for the years after the war to worry about politics. Once its over western countries will provide billions in finance and every man and his dog will be trying to get their hands on it to "rebuild" the country. Billions will go missing, projects won't be delivered (or exist in the first place) and the money will end up being pissed away. 

33 minutes ago, Spoony said:

This is completely separate to the Ukrainian war effort which I fully support, but they haven’t become a lovely great country over night. I hope they do actually commit to reforming their image and attitudes. 

There's much more racism and nazism in almost every other European country. The nazi and racism gag is a Russian propaganda tool, cultivated by shills in the UK and America.

Corruption is a bigger problem, but it appears like heads are rolling pretty rapidly when discovered these days.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Not a 100%, but it seems Germany has had to stand aside. 

Ukraine expects to get 100 Leopard 2 tanks from 12 countries, once Germany approves: Senior Ukrainian official

Likely countries on the list:

Poland, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Turkey, Canada, Portugal and Spain, and maybe Greece/Indonesia at a stretch.

Seems the assurances are that they'll receive Abrams in a swap deal with the US. Germany has literally lost 10 customers for their MBT by just being stubborn.

I wonder what Rheinmetall and Krauss-Maffei thinks of this all, they now essentially have a government that is killing their bottom line.

The government are acting in accordance with the will of the German people aren’t they?

It’s actually kind of refreshing to see the industrial military complex not get to control a country’s government for a change 😅

56 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Ukraine did/does have a problem with racism and Nazism.  But it was a catch 22 situation.  Addressing the problem would have meant weakening the army, Police Force and numerous other volunteer units.   It was simply never going to happen whilst Russia's aggression was anticipated. 

Ukraine will reform and become better.   But I think it will be a few decades before Russians are welcome. 

12 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The government are acting in accordance with the will of the German people aren’t they?

It’s actually kind of refreshing to see the industrial military complex not get to control a country’s government for a change 😅

Did they have a referendum or is it an opinion poll that's dictating their attitude towards this war?

13 minutes ago, tinker said:

Did they have a referendum or is it an opinion poll that's dictating their attitude towards this war?

It's an opinion poll, last I saw this morning it's swinging heavily towards supplying the weapons. There's been days and days of essentially quite staunch Putin supporters being undressed in public debates on TV, and people actually realising why they're not being sent.

The poll was on ARD this morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Most European countries have a problem with the far right (Russia especially).

Making it seem like a problem unique to Ukraine is part of the war propaganda effort.

The bigger issue will be that war is a traumatising and corrupting event. The impact will linger for decades. War heroes will become villains. Twas ever thus.

• Like 1

On 09/01/2023 at 20:44, avfc1982am said:

The replies are pretty good to be honest. Tyranny 😂 Just host the event in Russia where they're happy to listen to bullshit. 

Whoopsie, the new venue also pulled out..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Most European countries have a problem with the far right (Russia especially).

Making it seem like a problem unique to Ukraine is part of the war propaganda effort.

The bigger issue will be that war is a traumatising and corrupting event. The impact will linger for decades. War heroes will become villains. Twas ever thus.

Eastern European countries in general seem to have a much bigger problem with racism in general. The Ukrainian family we took in have come out with some horrendous comments at times that I've had to put them straight on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

There's much more racism and nazism in almost every other European country. The nazi and racism gag is a Russian propaganda tool, cultivated by shills in the UK and America.

Corruption is a bigger problem, but it appears like heads are rolling pretty rapidly when discovered these days.

Racism, Nazism/Fascism always thrive where governments are generally shit. It's a reactionary problem born out of some idea that Nationalism is the cure to corruption and will make things as they were, once upon a time. It's a ruse. 

And as you rightly pointed out it exists in other Countries far worse the Ukraine. Including Russia and the US. 

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1

Biden is on the war path..

US Confronts China Over Companies’ Ties to Russian War Effort

The Biden administration has confronted China’s government with evidence that suggests some Chinese state-owned companies may be providing assistance for Russia’s war effort in Ukraine, as it tries to ascertain if Beijing is aware of those activities, according to people familiar with the matter.

The people, who asked not to be identified discussing private deliberations, declined to detail the support except to say that it consists of non-lethal military and economic assistance that stops short of wholesale evasion of the sanctions regime the US and its allies imposed after Russian forces invaded Ukraine.

The trend is worrying enough that US officials have raised the matter with their Chinese counterparts and warned about the implications of supplying material support for the war, the people said, though they declined to provide details of those contacts. President Xi Jinping has avoided criticizing Russia over the war but has also offered to play a role in peace talks and come out against the use of nuclear weapons in the conflict.

This should be enough to scare China. Take NATO out of their exports and the country is bankrupt in days.

Â