Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

21 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not good

Oh shit. 

I doubt NATO will respond with any sort of military response.  But I’m not sure what they can say which is strong enough and that Putin won’t just completely ignore.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Slight problem with this. Currently there's no way to get HIMARS units across the Dnipro and I think Ukraine maybe wary of pushing them across and getting them potentially captured, So for now, the range is the range. Very telling that they've buggered off after two days though. If Ukraine can get the HIMARS across the Dnipro safely with the ability to retreat then that is the next game changer in that direction I think

Well at least I got the bit about me not being an expert right ☺️

Article 5 doesn't mean war necessarily.

Could mean moving the air defence systems closer to the border than they currently are, or Poland could start shooting down missiles heading into Ukraine.

Given how this war is screwing up the rest of the G20 now they have a reason to put an end to it.

I would have thought they will warn Russia to leave Ukraine by a deadline otherwise NATO will remove them, and potentially attack military targets in Russia.

Put the ball in Russia’s court and make it known to the people in Russia that Putin is leading them to disaster.

It might also accelerate a coup of some kind.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Given how this war is screwing up the rest of the G20 now they have a reason to put an end to it.

I would have thought they will warn Russia to leave Ukraine by a deadline otherwise NATO will remove them, and potentially attack military targets in Russia.

Put the ball in Russia’s court and make it known to the people in Russia that Putin is leading them to disaster.

It might also accelerate a coup of some kind.

Or nuclear Armageddon 

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Article 5 doesn't mean war necessarily.

Could mean moving the air defence systems closer to the border than they currently are, or Poland could start shooting down missiles heading into Ukraine.

That’s probably the most likely response.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I don’t see how there can be no response, I also don’t see how it can be anything other than a military response.

Same here, they will have been itching for a reason to bring it to an end. They can’t let this opportunity pass. They will issue Putin an ultimatum I predict. 

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is Russia about to lose its remaining Black Sea Fleet ships capable of firing Kalibr missiles?

It's certainly a way of cutting them out. 

Ukraine about to overnight develop amazing subsea special forces abilities. Amazing how quick these guys can be trained up. And who know about their stealth sub technology?

I think at the very least NATO will now probably enter Ukraine purposefully and at the very least provide air control. However, this occurred, whether accidental or otherwise, they'll be some with itchy feet hoping this is the start of something bigger. 

Â