Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

I wonder if any country has adapted to combined arms manouvering as quickly as Ukraine’s army has. There’s quite a few videos of standard Ukrainian btgs in Luhansk working as well together as any western btg would. Great to see. 

Edited by magnkarl

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

5 hours ago, magnkarl said:

I wonder if any country has adapted to combined arms manouvering as quickly as Ukraine’s army has. There’s quite a few videos of standard Ukrainian btgs in Luhansk working as well together as any western btg would. Great to see. 

Is good to see, but they've been trained by NATO forces since 2014, when they realised it wasn't a case of 'if', but 'when'. British 3 Rifles have been doing a good chunk of it. 

Edited by Anthony
typo

So my understanding is that the Russian position is that there is a NATO Nazi Jewish conspiracy against Russia.

I’m guessing this is the work of their new defence and political strategist,  Mr D Icke.

I give it another 2 weeks before they reveal Zelenskyy is a lizard. 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So my understanding is that the Russian position is that there is a NATO Nazi Jewish conspiracy against Russia.

Gay Nazis to boot.

The worst kind of Nazi.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 2

Lots of NATO aircraft up around the Black Sea today. Two Russian patrol boats were killed by a TB2 drone earlier around Snake Island, and there's still a Russian amphibious group floating around somewhere.

I wonder if Russia's going to try and put a Brigade ashore in the far west of Ukraine to try and link up with Russian forces in Transnistria? Bit of a Hail Mary play, but if Putin's getting desperate there's a non-trivial chance they might try it.

Assuming we don't all get nuked first, this campaign is going to be one of the prime courses taught at Sandhurst and West Point for decades to come. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Assuming we don't all get nuked first, this campaign is going to be one of the prime courses taught at Sandhurst and West Point for decades to come. 

I think secretly they all miss the days of going over the top and walking towards machine guns with bagpipes playing. 

Perhaps this is really a competition and whoever breaks all of the Geneva Conventions first wins a washing machine looted from Ukraine?

That might explain why they've been torturing and mutilating Ukrainian civilians that were kidnapped and taken back to Russia. I wonder how many Ukrainian children they've carved up so far, and why?  

• Sad 4

My guess is he will go nuclear if the losses continue, might be a battlefield nuke..I can't see him just withdrawing or losing, he will give it everything they have. If we  see a sudden withdrawal of Russian troops then we know it's coming. 

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

If we  see a sudden withdrawal of Russian troops then we know it's coming. 

Why would you imagine that would happen? They currently have soldiers dying of radiation sickness because they were made to dig and live in trenches in the highly radioactive ground around Chernobyl. Putin won't give a shit about withdrawing any soldiers in your scenario.

He's not going nuclear anyway imo. I don't even think China would support that because anyone supporting Russia at that stage will also be sanctioned. As it is you might as well think of Russia under the new name of West Korea

• Like 1

BBC news at 10 have just run a big story about massive Chinese investment in Europe.  They've been doing this round the Pacific for years, it's building an Empire by legitimate means and subduing nations due to reliance on investment. 

World leaders need to be careful on this after ignoring the Russia threat for so long. 

• Like 2

Â