17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

11 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I think cardiff is our biggest threat.  Winning is largely habit.  So, I won't take a fulham draw now.  (of course I'll take it afterwards if it happens, because I'll have no choice, then.)

I think Cardiff are all fur coat and no knickers - can’t see them lasting the pace when we get to the tickly  bit as Bruce calls it .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

from your lips  (or fingertips, I suppose)

I just don’t think they have the strength in depth and injuries and suspensions could see them off - I never fancied Bristol city or sheff utd to last the pace either - warnock is a wily old fox but I think they will run out of steam 

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I just don’t think they have the strength in depth and injuries and suspensions could see them off - I never fancied Bristol city or sheff utd to last the pace either - warnock is a wily old fox but I think they will run out of steam 

Again, I hope you are right.  But Cardiff are right in it on points now, and looking at the opponents left to play, I think they have a relatively easy ride.  

• Like 2

After 6 games we were 10 points behind Cardiff. 

If you want my opinion we should fear no team. Fulham included. Keep it professional, run every blade of grass relentlessly into the ground, play to our strengths and we can beat any team in this division. Consistently. 

• Like 4

I'm going to miss the championship if/when we get promoted. It's such a shame that the money in football means promotion is pretty much do or die, but i guess that's a debate for the 'footballs gone thread' in other football..

15 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think Cardiff are all fur coat and no knickers - can’t see them lasting the pace when we get to the tickly  bit as Bruce calls it .

We said that about Leicester though mate. I know it's different circumstances, and i also acknowledge that it was a once it a lifetime thing, but winning is a habit and they are doing the winning thing a lot. 

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Keep it professional, run every blade of grass relentlessly into the ground, play to our strengths and we can beat any team in this division. Consistently. 

We have known this all season Doug, shame it took until January before it actually 'came together'.

But since then, yes we have been absolutely fabulous and I do not see us slowing down anytime soon. Better late than never.

6 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Again, I hope you are right.  But Cardiff are right in it on points now, and looking at the opponents left to play, I think they have a relatively easy ride.  

I’ve just looked looked at their fixtures and think they have 10 tough games in there including  7 0f the top 10 and wolves derby villa and Bristol city , boro and sheff utd - they have a really tough run in in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

We said that about Leicester though mate. I know it's different circumstances, and i also acknowledge that it was a once it a lifetime thing, but winning is a habit and they are doing the winning thing a lot. 

Not as much as we are  on current form though , whereas we have won 7 in 7 they have won 3 in their last  9 league games .

eleven points from their last 9 games looks not great against our 21 from 7 ;)

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not as much as we are  on current form though .

Oh i agree mate. All things considered i think we are favourites for 2nd, i just don't necessarily buy into the notion that Cardiff are going to fall away. 

Edited by av1

54 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The last 3 away games have seen 1-0 wins and I see this being similar - keeping it tight at the back and nicking a goal at the other end 

So do I.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Hope you are right.....i think they are very durable, would not be too quick to write them off.

• Like 1