• Kodjia
    • Hutton (Baker 25)
    • Elphick (Adaomah 82)
    • Davis (Kodjia 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/03/2017 at 18:47, Brumerican said:

I think there will be a lot more Poilce next time they play here .

I think if I remember correctly that there was also a bit of bother kicking off after the away game at Hillsborough.  Do their fans have a reputation for this, or is there some bad blood between our Clubs? 

I'll eat my words and swallow my pride and admit that Bruce has turned our fortunes when i didnt feel he had it in him - well done SB.

However, though our fortunes are on the up i still dont see any real improvement to the quality of football we are playing, and this concerns me a great deal.

I hope SB continues to prove me wrong and turns us into the passing team i believe we can be.  But i dont see it happening and i still dont think he is the man to take us up.  But as he has proved me wrong once i will back him til this time next year.

• Like 2

Enjoyed OBE's report on the game, and Chappy's too... #Chappy - don't take it to heart when you see us lose. I mean, we were nailed on not to lose because my daughter was attending... I might get her a season ticket next term... :)

Can somebody with actual knowledge of the rules answer me this... How can Sheffield Wednesday play in black shirts and orange shorts, and their goalkeeper wear black shorts and an orange shirt? There has to be some colour clash issues in the box when they are defending, no? How can that be allowed? Would we get away with Johnstone wearing blue and claret?

How can the two 'linesmen' (I'm not a chauvinist, just a traditionalist... Anyone with a problem should actually read the definition of chauvinist, as it's really a misnomer) have the same flag pattern/colours? I thought they were supposed to be different patterns?

Anyway - that aside, this was a very big three points for us and I have to admit I was quite nervous going into this game. We have a lot of players out (and it only got worse) and Sheff Wed are playoff contenders, so no mugs. Both teams seemed to start kind of slow and cautious, like two dogs sniffing each other out before any adult themed hijinks. Outside of our own half, I have to say it felt as though we couldn't string two passes together, and our midfield kind of felt anonymous. At best, I thought we would see it play out to a nil-nil resultington. But then Baker got brittled. Super Al comes on and the whole game changed. All of a sudden it seemed to click. I was one of those who voted Hutton as MotM - I felt he had THAT kind of impact on the game. I would probably have jizzled myself if he had scored that potential brahmer.

From a set-piece, Old Kodg popped up with another header and a tidy dispatch beyond 'WESTWOOD' (lol... their keeper is called Westwood!! :crylaugh:). 1-0 and the feel good factor was on. I thought Jedinak was very tidy at centre-back and I would say that he would be decent as cover if our injury situation deteriorates yet further. Defensively, the guys on the pitch filled me with confidence that the further the game went on, we were always going to score more than them.

Bannan for them showed endeavour, but we let him go when we were in the Premier League and he just wasn't good enough. I'm not sure even now that he is actual Premier League quality, but I can only comment on what I saw Saturday. I was disappointed with Rhodes. Maybe he didn't get the service etc.

Hourihane was lucky to stay on the pitch... yes he was. The referee should have yellow carded himself for the needless and cynical tackle on Hourihane... But our player, turned round and actually shoved the referee. Not even a yellow card. For me, if Bacuna can 'tit' a linesman and get a red card AND six game ban, I think Hourihane can count himself lucky. He pushed the referee and didn't even get a booking. He got booked later in the game, so yes, he is fortunate to still have been on the pitch at full time.

After the half time chin stroke, we were gifted a red card... a dicey challenge on Hourihane. That triggered a Sheffield Wednesday meltdown. Self destruct. Manager in crisis too. The Holte End lapped it up! Soon, there was a lovely almost moment for Hutton... and then Hourihane... before Adomah claimed another assist, putting the Kodg into a goalscoring chance and 2-0. Yay... 

Going 2-0 down seemed to bring Wednesday more into the game. I thought they showed more desire after that. Anyway, we didn't even have a nervy last minutes or anything and it all fizzled out amongst lots of cheering in a very confident feeling.

So well done Villa... upwards and upwards... More of this please... I enjoyed that game.

The 'afters' down by the away fan coach park might have been as a result of our lot singing 'two nil on your big day out...' Was kind of disrespectful. Even if meant as banter.

Usually when I've cast my vote for MOTM, I feel quite pleased to find out that I'm in the majority with my opinion and that I knows my footballs!

But every now and then I'm way off the mark. I voted for Amavi. :wacko:

I'd love to know the rational behind voting the managers performance as 'poor' or 'very poor'? 

He has had to deal with 9 first team players going down injured, then another in the warm up, then another after 15 minutes. He switched things up, thought waaaaay outside the box to which his opposite number had no answer.

It's like watching the Fulham game, seeing Kodjia's flying scissor kick volley and voting him 5/10 because 'he didn't do much other than that'. 

Some of the criticism of Bruce is valid, heck I'm on board with it. Not on Saturday though, no chance. That was an excellent performance from Bruce, maybe his best since he has been here.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'd love to know the rational behind voting the managers performance as 'poor' or 'very poor'? 

It's safe to say there is no rationale

• Like 2

Was pretty ballsy by Bruce I thought. When Jedi went to CB with Elphick on the bench I was literally sat there thinking "WTF is this bloke doing?!" .... shows how much I know eh.

Edited by PieFacE

I was thinking "sucks to be Elphick" :D 

"Oh, Baker's going off. here's my chance!"

"Tommy... TOMMY!"

"yes boss?"

"Could you grab Alan's shirt, he's going on? Cheers"

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's called an agenda.

Probably same people who were disappointed that we won. 

On 13/03/2017 at 14:08, Stevo985 said:

It's safe to say there is no rationale

Same as when the goalscorer seems to win most of the time, whether they play well or not. TBF last Saturday was Kodjia's most complete game for a good while, almost played as part of the team IF only he could have spotted Albert in acres of space TWICE. Whereas I thought Jedi was simply majestic and then to insist we made the change to combat Fletcher it put him on a different level altogether

On 3/13/2017 at 16:00, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I really don't think you would. Probably headache inducing at best.

Â