Villa Kit 2017/8

stewiek2

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

I want this again:

Image result for aston villa 1994 away kit

My first ever Villa shirt (a zillion times too big, down to the knees). It had Coca Cola Cup Winners over the badge which must have been a bit rarer? I had Milosevic put on the back despite him signing in the summer this shirt changed to AST Computers. I wish I could still look down and see my toes these days :(

u58bk.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

I want this again:

Image result for aston villa 1994 away kit

Wow, memories. This was a polarising kit, when I was much younger and this kit came out I was so in love with Villa that I bought both home and away, man... these were the years. What's more, it was a real silky kit too, ok, hot as bloody hell in the hot weather and not breatheable like some fabrics today and blimey did they used to cause static, but, I have to say this was a great kit.

Albeit I might be swayed by the times but again, those were the days.

edit. also. two things with this kit.... well more so the home one anyway, but, if you bought the kit again with the cup mention above the badge, you were a legend and an envied higher-sort! Mine was without!

Also, there for some reason was a bunch of villa fans that demanded a version without Muller as the sponsor if I remember correctly, that "Muller" was embarrassing or something, sorry if I am wrong I was a kid at the time, but, yeah I am sure (if not corrected) that there were plenty that liked the kit without Muller on, and so there were ones around without the sponsor. I still have (in my parents loft) every villa kit ever bought as a kid, so I have these home and away and in pristine condition in plastic tubs! I am gonna whip those out next time I am back, just seeing it almost gives me a Villa-boner!

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

My first ever Villa shirt (a zillion times too big, down to the knees). It had Coca Cola Cup Winners over the badge which must have been a bit rarer? I had Milosevic put on the back despite him signing in the summer this shirt changed to AST Computers. I wish I could still look down and see my toes these days :(

u58bk.jpg

Legend, I used to wear mine on family holidays too! And you have the shorts. That is dedication my son, dedication. Zero marks awarded to the kid on the left. boo him!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

Legend, I used to wear mine on family holidays too! And you have the shorts. That is dedication my son, dedication. Zero marks awarded to the kid on the left. boo him!

Haha, yeah man, hot as hell inside that tent. I didn't have the socks unfortunately :( That's my brother in the left, we're from Wrexham and so they always come first the days but I grew up more a Villa fan until I went to a real game. My brother chose Newcastle until I convinced him to join me in the Wrexham/Villa combo. 

My 2nd Villa shirt was the GK shirt split between Bosnich and Oakes who later became a goalkeeping coach for Wrexham which tied in nice. I had the full kit for this and was the permanent GK when friends would play Wembley. It took some punishment. 

Sorry for all the pics but it's been nice going down memory lane. Step/bowl haircuts included! 

voud0o.jpg

70i547.jpg

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

Haha, yeah man, hot as hell inside that tent. I didn't have the socks unfortunately :( That's my brother in the left, we're from Wrexham and so they always come first the days but I grew up more a Villa fan until I went to a real game. My brother chose Newcastle until I convinced him to join me in the Wrexham/Villa combo. 

My 2nd Villa shirt was the GK shirt split between Bosnich and Oakes who later became a goalkeeping coach for Wrexham which tied in nice. I had the full kit for this and was the permanent GK when friends would play Wembley. It took some punishment. 

Sorry for all the pics but it's been nice going down memory lane. Step/bowl haircuts included! 

voud0o.jpg

70i547.jpg

Newcastle were quite a sexy team back then, for a kid. Back then, boy did they have a team, hardly great looking back but what they did offer was some good entertainment. Sod them. Fair play to you though Wezbid! Wrexham lads eh! Lads from your way tend to go Liverpool unless I'm wrong but good one fella, you're prob 5-8 years younger but I was with you through those times.

youll remember then, that when you got the goalie kits, and wore them out, the elbow patches were really pronounced and quite annoying! I had a luminous green one that I remember being almost embarrassed to wear! But sod it loved it! Used to sleep in my kits too! But yeah those were the days good Sir! 

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

Newcastle were quite a sexy team back then, for a kid. Back then, boy did they have a team, hardly great looking back but what they did offer was some good entertainment. Sod them. Fair play to you though Wezbid! Wrexham lads eh! Lads from your way tend to go Liverpool unless I'm wrong but good one fella, you're prob 5-8 years younger but I was with you through those times.

youll remember then, that when you got the goalie kits, and wore them out, the elbow patches were really pronounced and quite annoying! I had a luminous green one that I remember being almost embarrassed to wear! But sod it loved it! Used to sleep in my kits too! But yeah those were the days good Sir! 

Yeah, absolutely, Shearer and Ferdinando up front, Asprilla, Hislop, Ketsbaia, Gillespie, Beardsley, Rush, Speed, Barnes, Dahl Tomasson etc. They are fun to watch. 

Yeah, growing up just in the right side of the border ;) we were/are in the North West of England basically. School was pretty much either Utd or Liverpool fans. I got a badgeless claret shirt as a gift and chose Villa who it represented (hence not my actual real first Villa shirt) and that was that, 32 years old and still as bonded as I was back then to the club.

The elbow pads were almost like shin pads in there. Can't fault them for protection though! Not the best for movement however. Added with the padded goalkeeper trousers with elastic to go under your feet and you were like a robot moving around. Goalkeeper shirts were wild back in those days! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Wow, memories. This was a polarising kit, when I was much younger and this kit came out I was so in love with Villa that I bought both home and away, man... these were the years. What's more, it was a real silky kit too, ok, hot as bloody hell in the hot weather and not breatheable like some fabrics today and blimey did they used to cause static, but, I have to say this was a great kit.

Albeit I might be swayed by the times but again, those were the days.

edit. also. two things with this kit.... well more so the home one anyway, but, if you bought the kit again with the cup mention above the badge, you were a legend and an envied higher-sort! Mine was without!

Also, there for some reason was a bunch of villa fans that demanded a version without Muller as the sponsor if I remember correctly, that "Muller" was embarrassing or something, sorry if I am wrong I was a kid at the time, but, yeah I am sure (if not corrected) that there were plenty that liked the kit without Muller on, and so there were ones around without the sponsor. I still have (in my parents loft) every villa kit ever bought as a kid, so I have these home and away and in pristine condition in plastic tubs! I am gonna whip those out next time I am back, just seeing it almost gives me a Villa-boner!

IIRC Villa were very late in securing sponsorship that season, so many early jerseys had no sponsor on them because Villa had no sponsor.  Simple as that.

It was also quite a controversial jersey because in those days referees didn't have a wardrobe of colours to choose from and there was a thinking that our away would clash with the ref.

I'd like to think that in some way we were one of the reasons they expanded the ref's wardrobe collection, but probably not :)

• Like 2

Just now, BOF said:

IIRC Villa were very late in securing sponsorship that season, so many early jerseys had no sponsor on them because Villa had no sponsor.  Simple as that.

Thanks BOF, I stand corrected. I knew people who actively sought out the non Muller kits, me I kinda liked the Muller sign. Was hardly like being a kid and having a Crystal Palace Virgin sponsored shirt to have to defend from banter from non Villa kids. Cheers fella, you solved a wonder I had forgotten about but wondered many years ago. 

3 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Thanks BOF, I stand corrected. I knew people who actively sought out the non Muller kits, me I kinda liked the Muller sign. Was hardly like being a kid and having a Crystal Palace Virgin sponsored shirt to have to defend from banter from non Villa kids. Cheers fella, you solved a wonder I had forgotten about but wondered many years ago. 

Yeah we were so late that by the time we got the sponsor, there were loads of the blank jerseys already in circulation and easily attainable.  And remember how the sponsor really looked like it was applied as an afterthought.  Like your mother ironed a transfer onto a blank top, because that's basically what they did :) 

I ended up buying it because it was controversial, and I figured it would be one of the cooler retro jerseys in the years that followed because it was so different from any Villa away up to that point, and I was right.  I still have the top.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

Yeah we were so late that by the time we got the sponsor, there were loads of the blank jerseys already in circulation and easily attainable.  And remember how the sponsor really looked like it was applied as an afterthought.  Like your mother ironed a transfer onto a blank top, because that's basically what they did :) 

You're spot on my friend and also, damn you've just bought back another memory, my dad had to put the washing machine on once (not his realm) and whatever he did wrong, in one wash, made all the white lettering go pink and really crap looking. So yes they were poorly applied. I squeezed a replacement out of him and we gave mine to some French exchange kid as a cultural thing so all not lost. Iconic kits those, home and away. 

On 2 May 2017 at 12:50, BOF said:

Away kit to be black please.  I lurrrve the black jersey.  Mit yellow piping preferably.

Please let this happen, we're due a black one aren't we? Was the last one under Houllier?

19 hours ago, Wezbid said:

u58bk.jpg

When I get home on the weekend I'll post my pic too, loved this kit and would welcome a rerun of sorts :)

Being a villa fan was really fun back then.

On 2017-5-3 at 19:35, flashingqwerty said:

I saw them on ebay for 10 each so just had to get them especially as it celebrated the cup final

Decent kit. These are my two favourites from the past ten years or so:

Villa_Hm_1112_main.jpg

I got ten of these off eBay for £50. Gave a couple away, have worn a few and I have one left with tags on. Really nice shirt.

34da671a0fbd17869d01a88aa8c16718.jpg

Have a player issue of this. A shame about the crest though.

• Like 1