Villa Kit 2017/8

stewiek2

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 14:44, Frank Raphael said:

I think that's wrong or a myth, or only applies to that exact crest.

There would be nothing stopping the club from having the 80s one slightly modernised. Aston Villa Football Club on it, gold lion rampant (redo it with both and then let the fans vote on a claret lion or gold lion) and for the love of God remove that **** star. 

Failing that, either just return to the pre-Randy crest or have an embroidered gold lion rampant on the shirts similar to how they've been putting it on the back of the shirts on the neck. Use that for the main crest on the front.

I think since they refined the crest last season it's absolutely fine now. It's not amazing but it's not bad. I think I prefer the current version to the pre-Randy one. When I see that crest these days I think it looks really dated, and not in a cool retro way.

Saying that, a return to the circular old badge, or a version of it, would be great.

• Like 2

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe everyone in this thread should tweet Dr. T, as we all know he does reply to tweets. If there's enough of us tweeting him then hopefully he'll reply.

Edited by floody555

16 minutes ago, floody555 said:

Maybe everyone in this thread should tweet Dr. T, as we all know he does reply to tweets. If there's enough of us tweeting him then hopefully he'll reply.

Im not on twitter so come on you twatters, get on the case!

If the only place the Groupon rumour has come from is IncogAVFC on Twitter then I'm 90% certain it's bullshit, unless he's managed to find an actual source with correct information.

This guy is the one that confirmed that Grealish was moving to a Prem club and also that Ravel Morrison to Villa was 100% done. There used to be an old twitter account 'incognito_avfc' which had genuine inside information with great accuracy, but it deactivated, and this 'incog' account turned up (and turned out to be another twitter idiot).

When it comes to kits I get one per season, whichever of the home and away I like best. This season it was the away kit (as I loved the , was it AST one anyway you know which one from "back in the day"), and I usually Mellberg 4 that kit up too and long sleeve where possible. I know this isn't the Mellberg thread but I love Mellberg, literally man-love Mellberg that I still 4 him up regardless of who has been assigned 4 since. 

anyway I look forward to taking my pick from the home and away choices again this season and Mellberg 4'ing up  only May but keeping an eye on this thread  

i prefer it when we have shirts without collars to be honest but enjoyed the under armour kits and looking forward again to new ones

annoying year on year if they're marginally different but for sponsor or a fleck or flash of colour here where it wasn't there the year before or collar this time but not the next, and I do understand well there are limits that can be done and you don't want to do anything wild to P off the fans but I do like it when brace steps are made like say the Hummel one from way back, Platty luvs ya son! Loved this one as home was "  different" for sure 

maxresdefault.jpg

many comments on here about the actual shade of claret recently and over time since the old days @maqroll I agree with some of your comments but anyway... 

sorry, just out of interest, does anyone know roughly when the new kits are out? I know its early and would be a guess if you were to, but any ideas ? Thanks 

Edit - here's a link to a page of our historical kits past to present , Moderators I know we are meant to post text with links but this is a picture link to past kits , safe link, have verified: but there is a blurb too, extract:  "The team's first colours were described as "scarlet and royal blue stripes" (i.e. hoops - vertical stripes did not appear until the 1880s"

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa.htm

What on earth were we wearing in 1884-1886? Some very interesting choices pre 1900 link is there if you want to see

Edited by Midfielder

According to the shop it's out in July.  I only asked why the shop was so empty and that was the reason given. 

Edited by S-Platt

On 2017-5-13 at 01:18, Midfielder said:

annoying year on year if they're marginally different but for sponsor or a fleck or flash of colour here where it wasn't there the year before or collar this time but not the next, and I do understand well there are limits that can be done and you don't want to do anything wild to P off the fans but I do like it when brace steps are made like say the Hummel one from way back, Platty luvs ya son! Loved this one as home was "  different" for sure 

I don't get it, every year people say claret shirt and blue sleeves then when we get that you see them pointing out that it's not much different to the previous year's kit, nothing wrong with a bit of a change every now and then.

aston-villa-93-home-mw.jpg

aston-villa-00-home-fac-final-close.jpg

Both of these were nice, I would take something similar to the above with black socks. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd genuinely rate that stripey Reebok top as one of our worst home kits of the past 30 odd years. It's horrible.

Image result for aston villa home shirts

Image result for aston villa home shirts

These two were horrendous. I didn't mind that stripey one, actually thought was quite nice. Guess its personal preference  

Can't see the second one, but what's wrong with the first one? Claret body, blue sleeves.

Not exactly inspirational but can't see why you'd call that horrendous.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Can't see the second one, but what's wrong with the first one? Claret body, blue sleeves.

Not exactly inspirational but can't see why you'd call that horrendous.

Yuck it awful. The collar, the sleeves, the colour of the reebok. Its vile. I really liked the striped one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

If it is Groupon, hopefully we go with the black & white logo and not the lime green variety. Can't see that working well with claret & blue. :puke:

groupon-logo-feature-380x285.png

GROUPON-LOGO.png

I don't think "we" get a choice.

IIRC the sponsor decides what goes on the shirt. So if they want the lime green one then that's what they get.

(although I'm not sure where this groupon rumour has come from?)

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think "we" get a choice.

IIRC the sponsor decides what goes on the shirt. So if they want the lime green one then that's what they get.

(although I'm not sure where this groupon rumour has come from?)

Yeah, I should have said "hopefully we get".

But yeah, sponsors pay their money and they're going to go with the brightest, most eye-catching logo every time, kit aesthetics be damned. And that's their right.

I heard it might be Cadburys ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Yeah, I should have said "hopefully we get".

But yeah, sponsors pay their money and they're going to go with the brightest, most eye-catching logo every time, kit aesthetics be damned. And that's their right.

I heard it might be Cadburys ;)

Posted this in the Newcastle thread (for obvious reasons) and it kinda proves your point.

gayle-newcastle-kit

Nice kit ruined by a horrible sponsor logo.

Everything always looks a bit crap on striped shirts though, sponsors,numbers etc. No real alternative other than to have a big iron on style patch to make things stand out amongst multiple colours.

Stoke always seem to manage to get a red background on their sponsor logo which hides it a bit but it still looks crap & isn't the exact same shade of red